Bobby Knight chair throwing bobblehead

BlueBomb

Heisman
Apr 3, 2009
10,872
20,282
103
It cracks me up that IU fans find this incident something worth celebrating. Most schools would consider it a source of embarrassment.

It's akin to us celebrating the "This ain't the University of Jody Meeks" comment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: J_Dee

bbnkat02

Heisman
Nov 14, 2017
48,333
72,092
113
It cracks me up that IU fans find this incident something worth celebrating. Most schools would consider it a source of embarrassment.

It's akin to us celebrating the "This ain't the University of Jody Meeks" comment.
Tbf, that's an iconic moment in college basketball history and has been parodied in movies, tv shows, cartoons, etc. It's become a part of American culture to a degree.

I'm not sure they celebrate it, but it's definitely a defining moment in basketball history. For better or worse. Even people that don't follow CBB KNOW Bobby Knight, and usually for that moment alone.
 

Uk2k4

All-Conference
Jul 24, 2017
1,924
4,167
25
I’d buy one. Bob made me laugh maybe more than anybody. Ever. Truly undervalued imho (coaching shenanigans aside)

If you’ve never done it (I just assume everyone has), do yourself a favor and go down the bob knight interview rabbit hole.
 

Kycatspaws

All-American
Jan 2, 2010
156,447
8,370
0
When it comes to chair throwing.
Bobby was the Champ!

 

SemperFiCat

Heisman
Mar 2, 2009
14,566
30,005
0
It cracks me up that IU fans find this incident something worth celebrating. Most schools would consider it a source of embarrassment.

It's akin to us celebrating the "This ain't the University of Jody Meeks" comment.
I've been around IU fans all my life. They see it as an embodiment of their legendary hard nosed bully coach. As stated above, it's a moment that's part of American sports lore. IU fans treat it exactly how Kentucky fans would treat it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbncal02
May 22, 2002
18,429
15,924
113


Tbf, that's an iconic moment in college basketball history and has been parodied in movies, tv shows, cartoons, etc. It's become a part of American culture to a degree.

I'm not sure they celebrate it, but it's definitely a defining moment in basketball history. For better or worse. Even people that don't follow CBB KNOW Bobby Knight, and usually for that moment alone.

Agreed. It’s a classic moment of a coach’s meltdown. Right up there with Lou Piniella tossing the first base bag into right field.
 

Blue Bigfoot

Heisman
Dec 13, 2014
7,042
20,765
0
Tbf, that's an iconic moment in college basketball history and has been parodied in movies, tv shows, cartoons, etc. It's become a part of American culture to a degree.

I'm not sure they celebrate it, but it's definitely a defining moment in basketball history. For better or worse. Even people that don't follow CBB KNOW Bobby Knight, and usually for that moment alone.
Sometimes I wish our coach cared enough to slide a chair across a court.
Dis Gon B Good GIF
 
  • Haha
Reactions: *Fox2Monk*

Blueaz

Heisman
Jul 7, 2009
28,072
30,262
113
I've been around IU fans all my life. They see it as an embodiment of their legendary hard nosed bully coach. As stated above, it's a moment that's part of American sports lore. IU fans treat it exactly how Kentucky fans would treat it.
hmmmm, admitting you would celebrate that... to each his own I guess
 

4UK4life1

All-Conference
Dec 21, 2004
3,181
1,418
111
It's real. And I pre-ordered mine. Will re-sell for more than $40 if they sell out, easily.
With almost 20,000 of them, I wouldn’t expect it to sell out or come close to it and definitely don’t see any resell value. Maybe if it were a pop figure or closer 2k available. Hopefully I’m wrong thought and you double it
 
  • Like
Reactions: *Fox2Monk*

Col. Angus

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2017
81,003
249,711
83
I guess it’s just me…but that + slapping a player are Knight’s low character moments.
**** I bet he’s made money off that too. Guys like him aren’t worried about low character moments. There’s just moments.

Trust me. I relate.
 

Middawg59

All-Conference
Feb 24, 2020
1,405
2,012
113
And it was that moment that solidified the General R.M.K.'s spot as the all time greatest CBB coach past, present, and future.

Will be UK fandoms number 1 item on all Christmas lists imo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: John_dromo1

P. Fanning

All-Conference
Jan 29, 2021
1,197
1,519
113
Pat probably told Bob they could fund some libraries with the money they'd make. Much like his return to Bloomington a few years back, I don't think Bob would have signed off on either had he still had all of his faculties, but I could be wrong.
 

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,952
88,015
113
I’d buy one. Bob made me laugh maybe more than anybody. Ever. Truly undervalued imho (coaching shenanigans aside)

If you’ve never done it (I just assume everyone has), do yourself a favor and go down the bob knight interview rabbit hole.
He’s funny. He tells it like it is for sure. He’s a ******* and a bully but I like the way he doesn’t sugarcoat things.
 

SemperFiCat

Heisman
Mar 2, 2009
14,566
30,005
0
hmmmm, admitting you would celebrate that... to each his own I guess
Where exactly did I say I would celebrate it? And you know darn good that UK fans would embrace it as part of their past. You can act all sanctimonious, but you know we would.
 

JohnDromo11

Junior
Nov 12, 2019
382
245
43
We need more Bob Knight’s leading kids these days. Say what you want about his tactics, but he developed great teams with kids who went to class, or else. He didn’t skirt the rules and held the revered John Wooden in not so high esteem for cheating.

I miss him.
 

bbnkat02

Heisman
Nov 14, 2017
48,333
72,092
113
We need more Bob Knight’s leading kids these days. Say what you want about his tactics, but he developed great teams with kids who went to class, or else. He didn’t skirt the rules and held the revered John Wooden in not so high esteem for cheating.

I miss him.
I can admire his spirit but not his actions. He was a tough coach and I admire his tenacity.

But he went too far a couple of times. You never choke or hit anyone. Period.
 

JohnDromo11

Junior
Nov 12, 2019
382
245
43
I can admire his spirit but not his actions. He was a tough coach and I admire his tenacity.

But he went too far a couple of times. You never choke or hit anyone. Period.
I agree that he went a little crazy toward the end at IU.
 

FurdTurgason

All-Conference
Jan 9, 2009
1,922
3,461
113
Few people know that this was the inspiration for Chris Hanson's "have a seat right over there."
 

ktbug

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
14,502
2,828
0
I want the choking a player then lying about never having choked a player bobblehead.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MNantz

giffhawk

Redshirt
Nov 18, 2022
58
31
0
How about a Bob Knight wiping his a$$ bobblehead like he did in practice? Then you could have a collector set.
 

SmyrnaCatFan

All-Conference
Nov 9, 2012
5,700
1,310
113
I guess it’s just me…but that + slapping a player are Knight’s low character moments.
My late father-in-law was so angry with him when he pulled some of his antics in Puerto Rico in the Pan Am Games. My f-i-l was team coach for the US Shooting team. He felt it was a disgrace for all of the US teams and there is still an arrest warrant for him there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: uky8unc5
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football The AP Poll ranks Kentucky once again after overtime win against LSU
  2. 02 KSR Football Keep the Power K: An Old Symbol is Reborn in Kentucky’s Win Over LSU
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky shoots up to No. 17 in Coaches Poll Top 25 update
  4. 04 KSR Football Will Stein made sure Adam Zouagui believed in himself after missing two field goals
  5. 05 KSR Football State Street was (literally) on fire (again) following Kentucky's upset over No. 10 LSU