Blind NFL QB stats.

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,689
12,206
113
In a group text we were discussing NFL QB’s and how much the game has changed. I was looking through career stats and came across a ton of them that kind of amazed me when doing the blind resumé ala March Madness. This is one of my favorites. Both of these guys played in the last 30 years. Can you guess who the guy on the top is and who the guy on the bottom is?
View attachment 18479View attachment 18480
I know google can be your friend but I’ll leave this up for a few hours to see if anyone can imagine the difference in opinions of these two QB’s careers.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,558
16,355
113
No clue, but I made similar to this about a year ago using Cousins stats. His stats were comparable to Marino’s at one point. It’s to the point where it’s useless to compare today’s offensive outputs to that of the 80s and 90s. The way games are reffed make it an impossible comparison. It’s the difference between pre and post 3 point line.

In baseball, we are continually devaluing wins for pitchers. I feel like in football, we need to do the opposite for QBs. Garbage time yardage is real.
 

msstate7

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2008
10,388
10
38
Qbs and WRs these days can't be assaulted like in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,712
24,585
113
Did they both play for the Cowboys? I think the second one is Aikman. First one could be Romo.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,558
16,355
113
That's my point. Comparing QBs across generations is almost useless because the game is refereed differently.
 

ZombieKissinger

All-American
May 29, 2013
5,624
9,771
113
I guessed right on the first one -- Ryan Fitzpatrick. Journeyman QB who's started for a hundred different teams and usually not for long -- but who also has some good games and stats look decent overall.

For the second one I guessed Elway at first and was wrong. I adjusted based on his stats and got it right on the second guess, but I won't say who in case others want to take a stab.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,335
14,925
113
Knowing the first guy is Fitzpatrick, I assumed the 2nd guy played in the 90's and was probably a HOFer.

Certainly shows the value of having tremendous talent around you.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,689
12,206
113
Y’all got it. Fitz and Aikman. I don’t follow the NFL as closely as I used to, but I was shocked at Fitzpatrick’s numbers.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
Y’all got it. Fitz and Aikman. I don’t follow the NFL as closely as I used to, but I was shocked at Fitzpatrick’s numbers.

I never really watched Fitz all that much until he signed with Miami last year. Great leader and the type of guy you want as your QB from a leadership standpoint. But an absolute roller coaster. The guy can look like the second coming of Dan Marino one game and like the non LSU version of Costello the next game.
 
Aug 3, 2019
996
3
0
I thought you meant this kind of blind
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar