BlackSails

Been Jammin

Heisman
Jun 26, 2003
66,594
49,998
113
2 episodes left. That show started out so strong, but they obviously ran out of material to come up with compelling stories. All they were left with was more of the same stuff they showed us in the first 2 seasons.
 

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,450
41,152
113
Teach getting keel hauled was bad ***, the fight scene with the hot chick in the ship was great too.

Otherwise a lot of Meh in this season. I've gotten to fast forwarding the DVR.
 

JonnyVito

Heisman
Mar 12, 2008
24,405
10,422
0
Teach getting keel hauled was bad ***,
I actually felt bad and a little sick to my stomach for that one.

I don't even know where they are going with the story anymore. I am only still watching because it is the last season otherwise I would give it up. I always watched this one on Sunday night and now I get to it when I have nothing else left on the DVR. How about some sexy boobs at least just give me something.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ostatedchi

MegaPoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
76,450
91,392
103
I agree but remember - this was functionally a prequel to Treasure Island, so they had to set that up.

Flint deserved a better ending though than to be sunk by a pink torpedo.
 

Been Jammin

Heisman
Jun 26, 2003
66,594
49,998
113
****SPOILER ALERT***

So Flint was a butt pirate. Man what a waste of a season.

We already knew that Flint was gay. It was made very clear in season 2.

I thought the ending was solid. They did their best to keep the show relatively consistent with history. We know that the Pirates never gained control of Nassau, and that their way of life eventually died out. I liked that they showed that happening, while establishing that Jack couldn't give it all up and opted to continue doing what he loved. Of course, as Mega pointed out, they also established the "Treasure Island" origin.

I also liked the scene where Long John Silver came across the guy hiding in the hold of the ship like a coward. He was "just the cook", which was a replay of the scene with Flint finding Silver hiding in the very first episode.

All in all, I thought the show was really strong, until the last season. They ran out of interesting content and it was just betrayal after betrayal at that point.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MegaPoke
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  3. 03 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight