At least we "geezers" are old enough to remember what it was like watching a national championship team play football.Originally posted by 500mileRadius:
This staff has a big enough of a challenge to win the games that matter and deliver the championships to which the fan base is entitled.
That's what they need to be focused on - not schmoozing with geezers at some South Omaha parish hall every week.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Haha. My dad and I had a great time going to a Big Red Breakfast every year for awhile, and we aren't hanger ons or nut huggers. Thanks though.Originally posted by 4.6.3:
What will the hanger-ons do now? Totally unnecessary other than money raised for decent causes. Let former players do it so the nut-huggers can still pretend Osborne is coaching.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I agree with you in that if a different administration would have done this, there would be a different reaction. But that is due to their previous and collective decisions.Originally posted by mel mains:
A couple of thoughts in no particular order.
I've a notion that if Pederson had been in charge when these events (and we shouldn't generalize them, as it appears there are all sorts of events) were scaled back, there would have been some howls reminiscent of the "bunker mentality" theme that developed around him.
Also, if Bo had been in charge when this decision was implemented, some circles would have seen it as him dissing or ignoring the fans.
From another view, I see the decision to end, in particular, in-season events like the Holy Ghost stuff as injuring the professional growth of the GA's like Austin and Brey, learning how to mingle with the masses, throwing out crust-level nuggets in front of a crowd. I certainly couldn't see a reason for a position coach to be eating rubber chicken in Kearney on a game-week Wednesday night, but if those guys are back in Lincoln in time to catch the Friday team flight to East Lansing I don't see why that type of event needs to be curtailed.
I get that the KFAB involvement impacts that event's viability, but ending them entirely seems more detrimental to the "it's our team" mentality and branding than helpful to winning on Saturday. There's still quite a market for in-person involvement, not relying on internet video and twitter.
Ah well, it makes little difference where I live.
If fact since T.O retired.Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
It's been a long time since a paid coach was at Holy Ghost during the season but continue on with your ignorance.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
College Football Playoff
College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
Inside Nebraska Football
Everything Matt Rhule said after Michigan State
Inside Nebraska Football
Nebraska bests Spartans in East Lansing | PHOTO
Inside Nebraska Football
Matt Rhule, Anthony Colandrea & more break down win over Michigan State
Inside Nebraska Football
Postgame Notes: Milestones, stats & more as Nebraska wins handily at Michigan State