Best conference?

old.guy

Senior
Mar 6, 2005
1,580
793
113
Several posters have opined that the AAC is the strongest or toughest basketball conference that TU has played in. I would argue that the Missouri Valley from the mid-1950s through the mid-1960s was the Hurricane's toughest conference affiliation.

Cincinnati won back-to-back national championships in '61 and '62. Bradley was NCAA tournament runner-up in '54. St. Louis, Drake, Louisville and Wichita all had strong teams during that time. The Valley enjoyed a reputation as one of the nation's strongest conferences during that era
 
Last edited:

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,248
16,420
113
I would have to vote for the old Valley as well but those generations are hard to compare.
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa offense sputters in loss at Arkansas
  3. 03 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 4 updates at Texas, Ole Miss, Florida & more
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa at Arkansas: History, Rivalry and Bad Blood
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tre Lamb warns Tulsa defense: 'Number six is a real problem'