Behold:Our New Offense (Link)

seels2662

Heisman
Aug 16, 2005
24,963
17,905
113
“We’ll change the offense from last year and I’m excited about our new offense,” Jordan said. “It’s sort of like the San Antonio Spurs and Atlanta Hawks. Golden State runs it loosely. So it’s three good teams to copy from."

This is word for word what Jordan says. It turns out there are a bunch of articles saying that Atlanta and San Antonio run the same offense and describe what they do. I like this article because it contains tons of video examples.

Link:bballbreakdown.com
 
  • Like
Reactions: vascosg

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Heisman
Jul 31, 2011
33,093
38,066
113
I watched all those videos and still pics. The Key appears to be spacing, quick ball movement and lots of player movement and screens to free up shooters.

I love the baseline Drive and Hammer play the Spurs run to get a wide open look for the weak side shooter in the corner.
 
Last edited:

Greene Rice FIG

Heisman
Dec 30, 2005
40,437
23,613
0
The NBA is a completely different sport. Next year we should run the West Coast offense...and play the 46 defense
 

RUforJERSEY

Heisman
Jul 29, 2001
25,087
10,320
113
I watched all those videos and still pics. The Key appears to be spacing, quick ball movement and lots of player movement and screens to free up shooters.

I love the baseline Drive and Hammer play the Spurs run to get a wide open look for the weak side shooter in the corner.
So no uptempo? Or does it incorporate opportunistic fast breaks?
 

BLewis1968

Senior
Feb 3, 2004
702
450
63
“We’ll change the offense from last year and I’m excited about our new offense,” Jordan said. “It’s sort of like the San Antonio Spurs and Atlanta Hawks. Golden State runs it loosely. So it’s three good teams to copy from."

This is word for word what Jordan says. It turns out there are a bunch of articles saying that Atlanta and San Antonio run the same offense and describe what they do. I like this article because it contains tons of video examples.

Link:bballbreakdown.com

Atlanta's offense IS San Antonio's offense. Budenholzer was in San Antonio for 18 years. He learned everything from Popp, and took it to the ATL. I can't imagine a better coaching tree for Eddie Jordan to start picking from.
 

RUJMM78

Heisman
Jul 25, 2001
26,295
12,574
113
Rutgers had a difficult time scoring 60 points per game with Mack and Jack.The only thing that we know about this years team is that they will be young.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers vs Maryland odds: Point spread released on Scarlet Knights, Terrapins
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Basketball How to watch Rutgers / Villanova; Pregame Info, More: Gameday Central
  4. 04 The Knight Report Rutgers Baseball Transfer Portal Profile: C/1B Nick Shuhet
  5. 05 The Knight Report RU Football survey results: Fans share thoughts on Greg Schiano, Defense, & Direction of Program