Bednar

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
Obviously a small sample size with the short season last year but so far in Bednar’s career his stats are:

8 appearances
.99 era
27.1 IP
Faced 103 batters
44 strike outs
7 walks.

Obviously not a large sample size but he’s one of the more dominating pitchers I’ve seen at state. Looking forward to seeing him get fully stretched out this season.
 

karlchilders.sixpack

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2008
21,091
4,864
113
Announcers said he was on a firm 65 pitch count

He was just over that this week.

Do you think that is going to change?
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
He was just over that this week.

Do you think that is going to change?

Yes. That will certainly climb up each week, I'd think, as long as he's pitching well.

I really hope Lemonis comes around to the idea that the Cerantola experiment is over.

Winnings road series, especially at LSU, is awesome. But I hate giving away a sweep cause we didn't use our pitching staff very well. Cerantola should not have started. Fristoe should've got the first 3-4 innings. Then I probably would've gone to Harding for 3 innings. Then Sims, Smith, and Stinnett (with maybe Stone Simmons in there) to finish off whatever was needed for about 1 inning apiece. I would've never thrown Cerantola, nor Koestler, and I would've never let Stinnett come back out for a second inning. We still might've lost the game, but I didn't feel like we put our team in the best chance to win yesterday.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?