Because I am bored

Get_over_it

Sophomore
Sep 23, 2026
131
169
43
I asked AI to create a new conference that UK football could be competitive in and also it had to be a strong basketball conference. This is what AI came up with, if this happened would you be upset or excited?


Heartland Conference — 14 Teams​

  1. Kentucky
  2. Louisville
  3. Cincinnati
  4. West Virginia
  5. Virginia Tech
  6. NC State
  7. Pittsburgh
  8. Virginia
  9. South Carolina
  10. North Carolina
  11. Georgia Tech
  12. Wake Forest
  13. Syracuse
  14. Duke
 

megablue

Heisman
Oct 2, 2012
16,602
17,291
113
I asked AI to create a new conference that UK football could be competitive in and also it had to be a strong basketball conference. This is what AI came up with, if this happened would you be upset or excited?


Heartland Conference — 14 Teams​

  1. Kentucky
  2. Louisville
  3. Cincinnati
  4. West Virginia
  5. Virginia Tech
  6. NC State
  7. Pittsburgh
  8. Virginia
  9. South Carolina
  10. North Carolina
  11. Georgia Tech
  12. Wake Forest
  13. Syracuse
  14. Duke
Surprised no Kansas
 

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
304
365
63
I just wish UK was independent like ND and whoever else. Screw these conferences. Screw the SEC. I love seeing the big 10 whoop *** and win the title going on what three years?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
304
365
63
If UK could get a massive deak like ND has with NBC it would work, but if UK went independent they would go bankrupt.
How possible would it be to get a deal like that?

If we lined up against them in football I bet we give them a damn good game. And then basketball is well the best program in the nation when it gets back running right. We have the fan base.

So our brand is unique and good enough imo.
 

Eagles_Ball_69

All-American
Dec 19, 2003
4,810
6,355
82
I asked AI to create a new conference that UK football could be competitive in and also it had to be a strong basketball conference. This is what AI came up with, if this happened would you be upset or excited?


Heartland Conference — 14 Teams​

  1. Kentucky
  2. Louisville
  3. Cincinnati
  4. West Virginia
  5. Virginia Tech
  6. NC State
  7. Pittsburgh
  8. Virginia
  9. South Carolina
  10. North Carolina
  11. Georgia Tech
  12. Wake Forest
  13. Syracuse
  14. Duke
I just puked in my mouth.

Until Pope is gone, basketball first decisions about athletics should be placed on hold.
 

GoAndRunIsGoneAndDone

All-Conference
Dec 12, 2023
1,001
1,229
113
I'm happy where we are from a competition standpoint, including all sports. I think we can compete in the sec with fb but we will never dominate it in the sec. At a glance, a move to the Big 10 might work well for all. I do admit, I'd like to play Duke and UNC at least twice a year in bb, though. We'd be in at least 4 of the top rated games almost every year and we could keep up in fb, aside from OSU. I'd vote that we never play IU in any sport!

I do think big changes are coming. Just don't know when.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DonAndy

BigBluefoot

All-American
Jul 4, 2025
2,144
7,523
113
I asked AI to create a new conference that UK football could be competitive in and also it had to be a strong basketball conference. This is what AI came up with, if this happened would you be upset or excited?


Heartland Conference — 14 Teams​

  1. Kentucky
  2. Louisville
  3. Cincinnati
  4. West Virginia
  5. Virginia Tech
  6. NC State
  7. Pittsburgh
  8. Virginia
  9. South Carolina
  10. North Carolina
  11. Georgia Tech
  12. Wake Forest
  13. Syracuse
  14. Duke
So basically the ACC.
 

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
304
365
63
Just don't see UK ever not being in the SEC since they are an original member. Kentucky Tennessee Alabama Georgia Arkasas Mississippi Florida kind of seem untouchable.
 

Beatle Bum

Heisman
Sep 1, 2002
43,595
66,299
113
I asked AI to create a new conference that UK football could be competitive in and also it had to be a strong basketball conference. This is what AI came up with, if this happened would you be upset or excited?


Heartland Conference — 14 Teams​

  1. Kentucky
  2. Louisville
  3. Cincinnati
  4. West Virginia
  5. Virginia Tech
  6. NC State
  7. Pittsburgh
  8. Virginia
  9. South Carolina
  10. North Carolina
  11. Georgia Tech
  12. Wake Forest
  13. Syracuse
  14. Duke
We beat UF 4 out of the past 5. I guess recent history was not considered by AI.
 

Get_over_it

Sophomore
Sep 23, 2026
131
169
43
I used to think us joining the ACC was kind of an interesting concept, but this abomination of a conference he proposed is a hard pass for sure.
I didn't propose it AI did. Honestly it would no be a bad conference at all. I mean sure we would not be able to watch UK gets its teeth kicked in year after year against teams like Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, ect.
 

BookofMormon

All-Conference
Mar 27, 2026
1,016
1,334
93
The only point of this conference is to water down football? SEC hoops is in it's golden years, great place to be.

Not sure what the point is on the FB piece - when you play in the SEC, you have a chance to effectively be the best team in the country every year. It's hard, but why leave that? Would it really feel better going 9-1 in a lesser league, but having no better shot to win in the CFP?
 

Get_over_it

Sophomore
Sep 23, 2026
131
169
43
The only point of this conference is to water down football? SEC hoops is in it's golden years, great place to be.

Not sure what the point is on the FB piece - when you play in the SEC, you have a chance to effectively be the best team in the country every year. It's hard, but why leave that? Would it really feel better going 9-1 in a lesser league, but having no better shot to win in the CFP?
Going 9-1 and playing in the playoffs would feel better than going 7-6 and playing in the Gas Station Sushi Bowl.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlueRocker777

BookofMormon

All-Conference
Mar 27, 2026
1,016
1,334
93
Going 9-1 and playing in the playoffs would feel better than going 7-6 and playing in the Gas Station Sushi Bowl.
That made me laugh.

So then question is, if $$ was the same, would you rather be in the SEC or the ACC? Get to water down your FB significantly, and be in a hoops conference with Duke/UNC.
 

Get_over_it

Sophomore
Sep 23, 2026
131
169
43
That made me laugh.

So then question is, if $$ was the same, would you rather be in the SEC or the ACC? Get to water down your FB significantly, and be in a hoops conference with Duke/UNC.
If the money was the same I would pick the ACC. I have been watching UK football for 40 decades, I am beaten down. If UK was in the ACC this year and had UL's schedule they would end the year with one loss, in the championship game against Miami. I don't care if it is the ACC or not tell me you would not be excited to finish the regular season with one loss and be preparing to watch UK in the CFP?
 
  • Like
Reactions: BookofMormon

BookofMormon

All-Conference
Mar 27, 2026
1,016
1,334
93
If the money was the same I would pick the ACC. I have been watching UK football for 40 decades, I am beaten down. If UK was in the ACC this year and had UL's schedule they would end the year with one loss, in the championship game against Miami. I don't care if it is the ACC or not tell me you would not be excited to finish the regular season with one loss and be preparing to watch UK in the CFP?
It's an interesting question - you typically want to be in a position where you want the opportunity to beat the best. That said, the SEC would kill their first child to win in football, cheat and claw like LSU. You do have a fairer playing field in the ACC. Tough one.
 
Aug 23, 2024
3,148
6,725
113
The all-time record for the Kentucky Wildcats football program is 645–640–44 (.502 winning percentage) I am not good at math, is that good?
Where did you get those numbers? 541-594-36 is what I'm seeing.

 

Get_over_it

Sophomore
Sep 23, 2026
131
169
43
Aug 23, 2024
3,148
6,725
113
It looks like the Sports Reference numbers begin in 1915 (not sure why) where as the Wikipedia goes back to 1881. I'm seeing 655-663-44 on the link you just gave me.


National championships
Conference championships
First season1881; 145 years ago
Athletic directorJ Batt
General managerPat Biondo
Head coachWill Stein
1st season, 4–1 (.800)
LocationLexington, Kentucky
StadiumKroger Field
(capacity: 61,000)
NCAA divisionDivision I FBS
ConferenceSEC
ColorsBlue and white[1]
All-time record655–663–44*[2] (.497)
Bowl record12–11 (.522)
Claimed1950[3]
SEC: 1950, 1976*
*(Retroactively awarded in 1978)
I see your correction above. I was drafting this when you posted.
 

Ukbrassowtipin

Heisman
Aug 12, 2011
82,306
90,291
113
Nah, its about culture, tradition, circumstance, etc too. I love the SEC, and that we're for the most part the only conference with a geographical footprint...atleast all of our schools are in states that touch each other
 
  • Like
Reactions: DonAndy
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Kenny Darby, Lance Heard Earn SEC Player of the Week Honors
  2. 02 KSR Football Kentucky Stat Superlatives: The Good and Bad Through 5 Weeks
  3. 03 KSR Football KSR Exorcises Beamer Demons on South Carolina Road Trip
  4. 04 KSR Football Will Stein talks about the Power K's return, future plans for the throwback look
  5. 05 KSR Basketball Your Chance to Purchase Kentucky Basketball Single-Game Tickets is Near