Beaver Stadium reconstruction thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,157
69,355
113
The changes, reconstruction, constructions, etc. of Beaver Stadium is going to be a multi-year process. As such, I think it's worthy of its own thread, which can be updated as videos, pictures, articles, information, etc. are released this year, and in the coming years.
 

NittPicker

Heisman
Jun 30, 2001
6,599
14,099
113
I'm guessing many of us, including me, will be surprised at how physically massive the final project will be. The below rendering gives an idea. It'll be taller than the top of the south deck which is WAY up there. It'll be much wider than the old sections, almost completely filling the corner gaps. Looking at the rendering makes me think, "That looks like a big project" but personally seeing the finished structure will still be an eye opener.

1749165490962.png
 

TheBigUglies

All-Conference
Oct 26, 2021
1,491
2,420
113
I'm guessing many of us, including me, will be surprised at how physically massive the final project will be. The below rendering gives an idea. It'll be taller than the top of the south deck which is WAY up there. It'll be much wider than the old sections, almost completely filling the corner gaps. Looking at the rendering makes me think, "That looks like a big project" but personally seeing the finished structure will still be an eye opener.

View attachment 813491
This a bad rendering, the Blue Band does not stand that far apart as the are usually at the hash marks and not the number. Also, they don't come that far down to the other end of the field as they usually end before or around the 50 yd line. :cool: Also, I am curious about the lights, we only have 4 light posts(2 on each side), here the lights go all the way across the top, are they going to do that above the suites on the east side or keep the 2 light posts that are existing? Curious to how this would effect the lighting on the field catch punts, kickoffs, long passes etc?
 

NittPicker

Heisman
Jun 30, 2001
6,599
14,099
113
In the latest Mauti video, he said the last steel delivery has been made for 2025. It also looked as though the concrete pour on the current top level was well on its way to being finished. The temporary bleachers should be erected soon after the concrete sets. If those bleachers aren't done well before late August, I'd imagine some people will freak out wondering if their seats will be there when the season starts.
 

Bkmtnittany1

All-American
Jan 12, 2014
5,853
8,910
113
So when I am sitting in Section NE on Nevada game day, I look to the west stands, how much different will it look from the last 40 years that I have been sitting in my seats?
 

NittPicker

Heisman
Jun 30, 2001
6,599
14,099
113
So when I am sitting in Section NE on Nevada game day, I look to the west stands, how much different will it look from the last 40 years that I have been sitting in my seats?
It'll certainly be different with the old press box gone. It'd been a hulking fixture for a couple of generations. I felt bad for a second or two when it was toppled but that was the extent of my nostalgia. The beast had to go.
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: step.eng69

manatree

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,531
6,355
113
It'll certainly be different with the old press box gone. It's been a hulking fixture for a couple of generations. I felt bad for a second or two when it was toppled but that was the extent of my nostalgia. The beast had to go.
More like several generations. I think part of that press box was older than we imagined.
 
  • Like
Reactions: step.eng69

Bkmtnittany1

All-American
Jan 12, 2014
5,853
8,910
113
It'll certainly be different with the old press box gone. It'd been a hulking fixture for a couple of generations. I felt bad for a second or two when it was toppled but that was the extent of my nostalgia. The beast had to go.
Maybe so… but it will be weird, especially since this is our last year of season tickets
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Recruiting By The Numbers: How Penn State's 2026 White Out recruiting list stacks up to previous years
  2. 02 BWI Football Cooper, Penn State defense strive to bounce back from "embarassing" showing
  3. 03 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State has failed to play ‘in rhythm’ for six quarters
  4. 04 BWI Football Can a Penn State offensive lineman getting healthier help unlock the Penn State offense? It's something to watch
  5. 05 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State ‘not going to waver’ after back-to-back losses