Beamer's agent trying to get him more $$$

bayrooster

All-American
Aug 21, 2003
15,588
8,010
113
From 1993 to 2004, I worked on straight commission. I was supporting my wife and two young daughters. If I didn’t produce, I didn’t get paid. That’s pressure.

Making $6 Million a year with a buyout clause if you get fired ain’t pressure.
Amen. Fat buyout clauses reward failure by setting up a coach so that they needn't seek another HC job to support their family or lifestyle, regardless of how they perform.
 

Big JC

Senior
May 12, 2023
1,240
905
113
If Beamer or his agent had the balls to ask for any more money I'd point to his 19-17 record and tell him that if he didn't have a buyout he'd probably be looking for a job and I'm glad they called because I was wanting to talk to them about a refund.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Baseball Gamecocks in Minor League Baseball: 2026 season recap
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football A statistical audit of South Carolina's defense through four games: What's gone right, and what's gone wrong for the Gamecock defense?
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Recruiting Star power: South Carolina football vs. Kentucky
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football More insight from Shane Beamer on Dylan Stewart's future at South Carolina
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Everything Shane Beamer said ahead of the Gamecocks' matchup vs. Kentucky