Beamer statement on Dylan Stewart suspension

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,772
17,659
113
"I know he has a lot of things going on in his life..he is still a young man at heart and dealing with some things and we are trying to help him through it," Beamer said. The easy thing from a football standpoint is we are going to fine you, but we need you on Saturday to beat Kentucky. The right thing to do is the hard thing to do which is sit him down and hopefully this will be an opportunity for him to learn and be better moving forward, whether that is at South Carolina or at the next level. I know he might disagree with me but I hope he looks back 5 or 10 years from now and says you know what, he was trying to help me. That is my hope but I am here for him and always have his back. But Saturday night - what happened can't happen."

Good statement. I would infer that the opportunity is there for Stewart to earn his way back into Beamer's good graces.
 
  • Like
Reactions: atl-cock and Swifty

I4CtheFuture

All-Conference
Oct 5, 2024
1,501
1,522
113
"I know he has a lot of things going on in his life..he is still a young man at heart and dealing with some things and we are trying to help him through it," Beamer said. The easy thing from a football standpoint is we are going to fine you, but we need you on Saturday to beat Kentucky. The right thing to do is the hard thing to do which is sit him down and hopefully this will be an opportunity for him to learn and be better moving forward, whether that is at South Carolina or at the next level. I know he might disagree with me but I hope he looks back 5 or 10 years from now and says you know what, he was trying to help me. That is my hope but I am here for him and always have his back. But Saturday night - what happened can't happen."

Good statement. I would infer that the opportunity is there for Stewart to earn his way back into Beamer's good graces.
I agree with you but there is something else to infer in there - Stewart ain't happy right now - "I know he might disagree with me." "5 or 10 yrs from now." - etc.... It could be coach speak. Off the cuff comments, etc. But it absolutely could be inferred that Stewart is still grumbling. If so, that doesn't bode well for him or the team. (We do need him. Bottom line)
 

I4CtheFuture

All-Conference
Oct 5, 2024
1,501
1,522
113
Women - the bane of my existence.

When I want to piss them off really bad, I say: "Don't eat the apple. How hard is that???"
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Swifty

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,772
17,659
113
I suppose we can hope this will be a turning for the season and Beamer's career. This could hopefully galvanize the team and serve as a major maturing point for Beamer.
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,787
3,377
113
Stewart is a 21 year old man. A 21 year old man who is a professional athlete being paid a lot of money to play a game. He is not some adolescent boy trying to figure out society and his place in it. Beamer is his coach, not his father, minister, counselor or mentor. Beamer's statement is pure coach speak apologist drivel portraying Stewart as somehow the victim.

I'd say Saturday night was the result of years of being coddled and not held responsible for his actions because he was an outstanding athlete. Stewart, and many other great athletes, have someone else always solving their problems and getting them out of whatever trouble they get into. They think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want with no repercussions. Stewart needs to face the consequences of his actions. That is the only way he is going to learn and change his behavior.
 

JohnnySolo

Senior
May 6, 2011
684
532
63
First we do not need him to perform the way we have this year or to perform at a higher level. Attitudes and egos can ruin a "team"
Secondly what could he possibly be dealing with? He just now finding out he has to pay taxes on his millions?
Additionally I will add him to the group of Watson and Summers. He can either be filling up stadiums or sweeping them out.
I hope he moves on like the rest of the turds that turned their back on us. Please take him off the billboards. I will never call the attorney he is advertising for.
 

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,772
17,659
113
Stewart is a 21 year old man. A 21 year old man who is a professional athlete being paid a lot of money to play a game. He is not some adolescent boy trying to figure out society and his place in it. Beamer is his coach, not his father, minister, counselor or mentor. Beamer's statement is pure coach speak apologist drivel portraying Stewart as somehow the victim.

I'd say Saturday night was the result of years of being coddled and not held responsible for his actions because he was an outstanding athlete. Stewart, and many other great athletes, have someone else always solving their problems and getting them out of whatever trouble they get into. They think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want with no repercussions. Stewart needs to face the consequences of his actions. That is the only way he is going to learn and change his behavior.

Rece Davis commented on this in response to the LSU/SEC tiff over the NFL players. He said we have to stop pretending that college football isn't professional sports. Referring to those former NFL players specifically, but you could apply to it all the players, he said you have to stop thinking of them as the poor college kids. These are rich professional athletes.
 

Urbanrooster77

Redshirt
Sep 28, 2026
10
7
2
Rece Davis commented on this in response to the LSU/SEC tiff over the NFL players. He said we have to stop pretending that college football isn't professional sports. Referring to those former NFL players specifically, but you could apply to it all the players, he said you have to stop thinking of them as the poor college kids. These are rich professional athletes.
Exactly. This is DK Metcalf at 21 years old, same age as DS. Does this look like a kid? For years, I've defended DS around the office, "he's not a thug" when he pulled the gun thing or punched the Vandy guy. I was at a party Sat night during this game and finally had the realization he is who he is, a thug and a cancer. The sooner we separate ourselves from him, the better. It'd almost make me respect Beamer a bit more if he had the cajones to go ahead and do it.
 

Attachments

  • D.K.-Metcalf-Picture--1024x1024.jpg
    D.K.-Metcalf-Picture--1024x1024.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2

Urbanrooster77

Redshirt
Sep 28, 2026
10
7
2
First we do not need him to perform the way we have this year or to perform at a higher level. Attitudes and egos can ruin a "team"
Secondly what could he possibly be dealing with? He just now finding out he has to pay taxes on his millions?
Additionally I will add him to the group of Watson and Summers. He can either be filling up stadiums or sweeping them out.
I hope he moves on like the rest of the turds that turned their back on us. Please take him off the billboards. I will never call the attorney he is advertising for.
I read that he just found out he was a dad, but I don't know if it's true. That's the rumor though.
 

Dabo's Weenie

Senior
Nov 30, 2024
919
981
93
Exactly. This is DK Metcalf at 21 years old, same age as DS. Does this look like a kid? For years, I've defended DS around the office, "he's not a thug" when he pulled the gun thing or punched the Vandy guy. I was at a party Sat night during this game and finally had the realization he is who he is, a thug and a cancer. The sooner we separate ourselves from him, the better. It'd almost make me respect Beamer a bit more if he had the cajones to go ahead and do it.

Off topic: I don't know who's responsible for it, but that BF% is total nonsense.
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,787
3,377
113
I read that he just found out he was a dad, but I don't know if it's true. That's the rumor though.
I guess he realized child support payments were about to start and that really pissed him off.

Finding out you're a dad making you become a psychopath sort of screams "THUG!!" to me. I don't know about you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Urbanrooster77

Urbanrooster77

Redshirt
Sep 28, 2026
10
7
2
I guess he realized child support payments were about to start and that really pissed him off.

Finding out you're a dad making you become a psychopath sort of screams "THUG!!" to me. I don't know about you.
Personally, "Finding out you're a dad" and not "finding out you're GOING TO BE a dad" is a problem in and of itself, but it's a new era, I guess..
 

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,772
17,659
113
I wonder if he has any idea how that might have happened? :unsure:

Sort of like being upset over being suspended for his behavior Saturday - might have a problem understanding cause and effect. 😁

Stewart when he found out how babies are made:

 

3USC1801

Joined Dec 10, 2020
Dec 10, 2020
1,286
3,475
113
I read that he just found out he was a dad, but I don't know if it's true. That's the rumor though.
For everyone who has jumped to the conclusion Stewart is emotionally unstable due to “news“ that he’s a new father, please reread what @Urbanrooster77 said. . . “I don’t know if it’s true.”

You may not like his work ethic, demeanor, lack of respect, etc., and that’s fine but I would hope we‘d not attack a person based on a rumor.
 

DannyTree1

Sophomore
Jun 4, 2026
391
177
43
I have three kids and I still have not punched anybody at work. And a few of my coworkers over the years deserved a punch.

We have no idea if that is true or not- just a rumor. But if we are speculating, I could also imagine a scenario like that which causes serious depression or anger

Sadly, too many men have become unstable when they are new dads, especially if the circumstances are such that they are prevented from seeing their children, etc.-and similar issues. Lots of workplace violence issues related so domestic issues involving children.

I had a customer who had a man come to the factory floor, walk up to his girlfriend and punch her in the face because of a dispute over their child.

So we have no idea about any of this- pure speculation.

For all we know, he could have a family member who is very sick, or any number of issues.

That's not an excuse for his behavior- I'm simply offering other things that Shane could have been referencing.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,787
3,377
113
We have no idea if that is true or not- just a rumor. But if we are speculating, I could also imagine a scenario like that which causes serious depression or anger

Sadly, too many men have become unstable when they are new dads, especially if the circumstances are such that they are prevented from seeing their children, etc.-and similar issues. Lots of workplace violence issues related so domestic issues involving children.

I had a customer who had a man come to the factory floor, walk up to his girlfriend and punch her in the face because of a dispute over their child.

So we have no idea about any of this- pure speculation.

For all we know, he could have a family member who is very sick, or any number of issues.

That's not an excuse for his behavior- I'm simply offering other things that Shane could have been referencing.
Poor Dylan. Imagine the hell his life must be. He is having to play a game that he supposedly loves while being paid millions of dollars in a college setting where I am sure he is forced to deal with women throwing themselves at him all the time. The stress of worrying about his new car and keeping all of his new clothes clean and his jewelry secured must be very taxing on him. If the rumor is true that he has become a father, the angst of knowing he will have to pay some sort of child support out of his millions could have very easily pushed him over the edge and justifiably so. Who among us would not snap under this never ending pressure and stress?

Let's hope Shane and the university step in and get Dylan the help he so desperately needs. Maybe we can have a moment of silence before kickoff Saturday to lift Dylan up in our prayers. No man should have to go through what Dylan is going through alone.
 

DannyTree1

Sophomore
Jun 4, 2026
391
177
43
Poor Dylan. Imagine the hell his life must be. He is having to play a game that he supposedly loves while being paid millions of dollars in a college setting where I am sure he is forced to deal with women throwing themselves at him all the time. The stress of worrying about his new car and keeping all of his new clothes clean and his jewelry secured must be very taxing on him. If the rumor is true that he has become a father, the angst of knowing he will have to pay some sort of child support out of his millions could have very easily pushed him over the edge and justifiably so. Who among us would not snap under this never ending pressure and stress?

Let's hope Shane and the university step in and get Dylan the help he so desperately needs. Maybe we can have a moment of silence before kickoff Saturday to lift Dylan up in our prayers. No man should have to go through what Dylan is going through alone.
No one is saying "poor Dylan" except you.

Why are you under the misguided impression that having money solves someone's problems? That a dumb-***, ignorant position to take.

I was speculating on the speculating, and no amount of money or prestige would solve someone's anger if they were being kept from seeing their own child in my scenario.

As any parent knows, none of the other stuff you wrote about matters a damn hill of beans in comparison unless you are garbage human being that thinks having nice clothes is better than having access to a family member.

The same is also true if he has a family member facing a serious health crises or maybe living with a devastating diagnoses. This is common sense.

As I already said, it's not an excuse and not a substitute for discipline. It's just speculation on what could be the issues Shane hinted at.
 

Deathstar

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2026
207
170
43
We have no idea if that is true or not- just a rumor. But if we are speculating, I could also imagine a scenario like that which causes serious depression or anger

Sadly, too many men have become unstable when they are new dads, especially if the circumstances are such that they are prevented from seeing their children, etc.-and similar issues. Lots of workplace violence issues related so domestic issues involving children.

I had a customer who had a man come to the factory floor, walk up to his girlfriend and punch her in the face because of a dispute over their child.

So we have no idea about any of this- pure speculation.

For all we know, he could have a family member who is very sick, or any number of issues.

That's not an excuse for his behavior- I'm simply offering other things that Shane could have been referencing.
There were many times when I wanted to kill my ex wife over child custody and child support issues. It can be very frustrating to deal with a crazy ex. Men generally get the shaft from the courts on these issues. Eventually I got a man-focused attorney and things worked out in my favor with no violence. But, I can feel DS’s pain if he is going through this.
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,787
3,377
113
No one is saying "poor Dylan" except you.

Why are you under the misguided impression that having money solves someone's problems? That a dumb-***, ignorant position to take.

I was speculating on the speculating, and no amount of money or prestige would solve someone's anger if they were being kept from seeing their own child in my scenario.

As any parent knows, none of the other stuff you wrote about matters a damn hill of beans in comparison unless you are garbage human being that thinks having nice clothes is better than having access to a family member.

The same is also true if he has a family member facing a serious health crises or maybe living with a devastating diagnoses. This is common sense.

As I already said, it's not an excuse and not a substitute for discipline. It's just speculation on what could be the issues Shane hinted at.
So, now you are speculating that he has a family member with a health crisis of some kind? Has anyone anywhere even hinted at that?

Has there been any report that he has been prevented from seeing his own child? If that is true, does that in any way excuse his behavior towards his own coaches or his violent outburst on the field?

Dylan may have no problems at all other than being an antisocial, ego maniac, psychotic thug who feels totally immune from any consequences of his actions because he is a talented athlete. That speculation is as valid and possible as your scenarios.
 

DannyTree1

Sophomore
Jun 4, 2026
391
177
43
So, now you are speculating that he has a family member with a health crisis of some kind? Has anyone anywhere even hinted at that?


Drinking in the early afternoon is a terrible habit. Good luck beating it.



We have no idea if that is true or not- just a rumor. But if we are speculating, I could also imagine a scenario like that

So we have no idea about any of this- pure speculation.

For all we know, he could have a family member who is very sick, or any number of issues.

That's not an excuse for his behavior- I'm simply offering other things that Shane could have been referencing.
 

DannyTree1

Sophomore
Jun 4, 2026
391
177
43
Dylan may have no problems at all other than being an antisocial, ego maniac, psychotic thug who feels totally immune from any consequences of his actions because he is a talented athlete. That speculation is as valid and possible as your scenarios.

100% true- that could very well be true and your speculation could be totally correct and as valid as my comment. That's goes without even saying. I 100% agree since I said repeatedly I was clearly only speculating.

However, Shane specifically references some issue he's facing, and I don't think Shane was referring to "antisocial, ego manic" issues when he stated Tuesday, '"I do also know the kid has a lot of stuff going on in his life,"

Shane's specific reference to "in his life" leads people to speculate, rightly or wrongly.

someone else posted a pure rumor and then I posted that was only rumor (as others did) and if we are going to speculate, I could speculate that the personal issue could be causing problems that have stretched out into the current issue on the field - and I said that's not an excuse, but it could be part of an explanation. The discipline handed down is obviously warranted.

Common sense.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Baseball Jack's Mailbag Ep. 63: Answering your latest South Carolina baseball questions
  2. 02 TheBigSpur South Carolina Football Look to Limit Kentucky Offense
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Comparing South Carolina's roster talent to this week's opponent, the Kentucky Wildcats
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina DL Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy 'trending in the right direction'
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Advanced stat of the week ahead of South Carolina-Kentucky: Creating and limiting explosives