BBM COUNTDOWN

CB3UK

Hall of Famer
Apr 15, 2012
65,023
109,266
78
I'm just going to wait on someone to post the highlights. It's been stale and boring for quite awhile. The only thing I'm ever actually interested in seeing is the scrimmage, and even that is a half assed effort (for obvious reasons....I get it, but still....not compelling to watch.)

I think for folks with kids to take it's a great thing, but I think I'm finally to the age where it isn't appointment television. There's really only so much UK can do, so I hate griping and not having a real solution. Like I said, my personal answer is just to catch highlights.
 
Feb 3, 2025
1,895
6,502
113
This is the least excited I've seen the UK fan base for Midnight Madness in years. The combination of the Kusturica/Mitchell/Stokes letdowns took the wind out of BBN's sails this offseason.
I'm actually dreading this season. I saw the Lindy's season preview magazine over the weekend and it had UK 17th and the blurb said something like "This was be fine for season three at Vandy but doesn't cut it at UK" (not exact quote)
 

Bleedin Blue in Ohio

All-Conference
Feb 3, 2013
518
1,091
93
I'm actually dreading this season. I saw the Lindy's season preview magazine over the weekend and it had UK 17th and the blurb said something like "This was be fine for season three at Vandy but doesn't cut it at UK" (not exact quote)
I agree. I'm not a Pope hater. He is the Coach and I support him as I did every UK coach in my lifetime. With that said year 3 is put up or shut up time. This team needs to exceed 25 wins, be at the very least a SEC tourney team with a double buy, play in the SEC tourney championship game, or make an elite 8. Hopefully they exceed all of those criteria's. Failure to hit one of those criteria's and I think the program needs to go in another direction. Fact is if they exceed 25 wins, they will probably hit multiple of those criteria's so let's see how the team does. I know they will have this fan's full support.
 

Rick Honcho

All-Conference
Apr 19, 2011
1,558
1,585
103
I went to a Midnight Madness many, many years ago. To me it was an over-glorified waste of a couple of hours I’ll never get back, but to each their own.
 

seccats04

Heisman
Dec 6, 2004
14,714
24,080
113
Mitch really effd us good
Correct. I shouldn’t even be mad at Pope because he’s doing the best he can, which isn’t good enough for UK. I should focus my attention on Mitch, the old geezer who was way out of touch with modern athletics. Or should I be mad at Eli for letting Mitch wreck the basketball program? Eh, I don’t know who to be mad at. I’m just disgusted with where the program has been looks to be this season.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bigbluegoo

UKgrad22

All-Conference
Apr 9, 2026
837
2,251
93
Maybe this is when Pope makes a big announcement that Crawford actually did join the staff and boom, Mark Mitchell comes running out of the tunnel with a “F*** Missouri and Greg Sankey” shirt on 😨
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Kentucky inexplicably dropped out of the AP Poll. This is why voters should feel bad about themselves.
  2. 02 KSR Football 'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win
  3. 03 KSR Volleyball No. 3 Kentucky VB drowns in The Swamp, loses 3-2 to No. 7 Florida
  4. 04 KSR Football Henry Boyer has been a clutch touchdown machine for Kentucky
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky may become nationally relevant because of Will Stein, but he says Wildcats win the games