BB: POLL - BIG BLUE MADNESS SURPRISE

Who/what will be the big surprise tonight for Big Blue Madness?


  • Total voters
    39

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
198
286
43
BBM is tonight? Who knew.
I used to wait months for madness like it was Christmas. Heck it was bigger than Christmas. It's sad that it's come to this.



Please no Cal players again. John Wall came out and look3d extremely uncomfortable year one. Just keep it at Pitino or any other 1996 player. Need more nostalgia Pope. How about we bring out Billy G or something.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerMoving

Anon200440

All-Conference
Mar 28, 2026
605
1,003
93
I used to wait months for madness like it was Christmas. Heck it was bigger than Christmas. It's sad that it's come to this.



Please no Cal players again. John Wall came out and look3d extremely uncomfortable year one. Just keep it at Pitino or any other 1996 player. Need more nostalgia Pope. How about we bring out Billy G or something.
Boringgggggg

90% of the people there would be way more excited to see boogie or booker rather than don jenkins from the 1912 team
 

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
198
286
43
Boringgggggg

90% of the people there would be way more excited to see boogie or booker rather than don jenkins from the 1912 team
Obviously lol.

Imagine if there were like 25 players from the NbA there rather than just 1 or 2. Now thay would actually be cool.
 

CRZ4UK

Heisman
Jun 6, 2008
5,368
10,598
103
Why are you fools so obsessed with bill donovan like winning an championship 15+ years ago will in anyway translate to 2026
This. After dealing with pro players for 15 years coming back to college now would be culture shock. Nothing is like it was when Billy coached college. He has zero experience with NIL, dealing with 18 yo millionaires , Rev Share, JMI etc. Bill Belichek ring a bell. He has no clue how to navigate college athletics.
 

UKWildcats1987

Heisman
Sep 9, 2021
20,525
36,594
113
This. After dealing with pro players for 15 years coming back to college now would be culture shock. Nothing is like it was when Billy coached college. He has zero experience with NIL, dealing with 18 yo millionaires , Rev Share, JMI etc. Bill Belichek ring a bell. He has no clue how to navigate college athletics.

Hire assistants and a GM to deal with that.

And again, the current head coach has no idea how to navigate college athletics either.
 

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
198
286
43
Why are you fools so obsessed with bill donovan like winning an championship 15+ years ago will in anyway translate to 2026
I'm obsessed with Pope leaving but I 100% agree Donovan isn't the answer. Hell he might be worse than Pope at this point.

I'm not sure why people think they are going to get 2005 Donovan with a team full of joakim Noah's and other seniors returning from a national championship.

He did a legendary thing back then. It's 2026.
 

CRZ4UK

Heisman
Jun 6, 2008
5,368
10,598
103
Hire assistants and a GM to deal with that.

And again, the current head coach has no idea how to navigate college athletics either.
Just a little matter of a Mitch Barnhart buyout tho. Remember, He gets another year added for a sweet 16. I still support Pope but Barnharts idiotic contract makes him millions for being mediocre. With that stupid contract, if he’s average, his buyout will never go down. Mitch may have been the worst CEO of athletics right behind Mark Emmert who completely destroyed college athletics.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Catastic5
Jul 23, 2026
89
240
33
Just a little matter of a Mitch Barnhart buyout tho. Remember, He gets another year added for a sweet 16. I still support Pope but Barnharts idiotic contract makes him millions for being mediocre. With that stupid contract, if he’s average, his buyout will never go down. Mitch may have been the worst CEO of athletics right behind Mark Emmert who completely destroyed college athletics.
Barnhart set the athletic department back decades. Man tried to use morality and the Bible to run athletics in this day and age. Saw it with the Alcohol at football games.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Catastic5

LineSkiCat14

Heisman
Aug 5, 2015
39,700
62,606
113
Someone asked a question along the lines of "whats your excitement level for this year?" and I just found out today, at 3:42 PM ET, that our Big Blue Madness was tonight. So that's my answer.

Ive never really cared much for these midnight madness events. Even in John Cal's peak years (god how I wish we could even have some of that), they were always a little corny.. but i still knew when they were weeks leading up to it, and would likely stream a bit of it as well.

Cant bring myself to tune into this, even if I had nothing else to watch on TV. Its not gonna be good.
 

BookofMormon

All-Conference
Mar 27, 2026
986
1,295
93
Is Pope in charge? If so he will probably get some cool celeb that the recruits will love. With Pope making the call I'd go with Wayne Newton or Donny Osmond, maybe the guy who played Napoleon Dynamite if hes not busy.
That was funny.

Have to at least enjoy the comedy of the Pope era. His recruiting pictures with the arm wrap over the player nipple is classic Pope. There were some here defending it.

Donny Osmond, Chief Mormon. Now that really made me laugh. ********, could you imagine if Wayne Newton showed up? Alongside Barry Manilow?
 
  • Like
Reactions: DonAndy

UKfan2151

All-American
Oct 1, 2003
14,481
9,596
113
It's too friggin' early to be having Big Blue Madness. Why are they doing it so early this year instead of Mid-October like normal? It is hard to get into basketball mode when the leaves are still completely green and its 80 degrees outside.
 

Catastic5

Junior
Sep 12, 2026
109
294
53
Someone asked a question along the lines of "whats your excitement level for this year?" and I just found out today, at 3:42 PM ET, that our Big Blue Madness was tonight. So that's my answer.

Ive never really cared much for these midnight madness events. Even in John Cal's peak years (god how I wish we could even have some of that), they were always a little corny.. but i still knew when they were weeks leading up to it, and would likely stream a bit of it as well.

Cant bring myself to tune into this, even if I had nothing else to watch on TV. Its not gonna be good.
I’ll give Cal credit in the last couple years. I was still engaged with basketball all the way till March. I could never count Cal out after the years where his team pulls off the unexpected.

Now my interest doesn’t even make it to December. I was excited for Pope’s first year but last year turned out to be a stinker real fast. This season just feels like the same crap. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. My heart says one thing but my brain is reminding me not to get too involved out of fear of disappointment.
 
  • Love
Reactions: DonAndy

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
198
286
43
Someone asked a question along the lines of "whats your excitement level for this year?" and I just found out today, at 3:42 PM ET, that our Big Blue Madness was tonight. So that's my answer.

Ive never really cared much for these midnight madness events. Even in John Cal's peak years (god how I wish we could even have some of that), they were always a little corny.. but i still knew when they were weeks leading up to it, and would likely stream a bit of it as well.

Cant bring myself to tune into this, even if I had nothing else to watch on TV. Its not gonna be good.
I wanted to say this but knew it's something I wouldn't be able to say without getting taken to the slaughter.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LineSkiCat14

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
198
286
43
Seeing as his daughter is on the women's team, maybe Shaq shows up.
That would be awesome but I'd if Shaq would because he's loyal to lsu. But ya know your daughter playing is a little bit better reason to rep another teams gear than throwing on that Arkansas gear because Cal coached you.

Somebody get Reed Sheppard a Cal shirt and throw away the red threads.
 

bbnkat02

Heisman
Nov 14, 2017
48,181
71,787
113
It's too friggin' early to be having Big Blue Madness. Why are they doing it so early this year instead of Mid-October like normal? It is hard to get into basketball mode when the leaves are still completely green and its 80 degrees outside.
Because the NCAA added an extra preseason game. And we’re playing one. So it got humped back.

And yeah with it not being on TV due solely to that a lot of people including myself just about forgot about it.
 

bbnkat02

Heisman
Nov 14, 2017
48,181
71,787
113
Someone asked a question along the lines of "whats your excitement level for this year?" and I just found out today, at 3:42 PM ET, that our Big Blue Madness was tonight. So that's my answer.

Ive never really cared much for these midnight madness events. Even in John Cal's peak years (god how I wish we could even have some of that), they were always a little corny.. but i still knew when they were weeks leading up to it, and would likely stream a bit of it as well.

Cant bring myself to tune into this, even if I had nothing else to watch on TV. Its not gonna be good.
I’m right there with you. I’m not down in the season. I think we can be good. But football has barely started. And we’re kinda good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LineSkiCat14

bbnkat02

Heisman
Nov 14, 2017
48,181
71,787
113
I'm obsessed with Pope leaving but I 100% agree Donovan isn't the answer. Hell he might be worse than Pope at this point.

I'm not sure why people think they are going to get 2005 Donovan with a team full of joakim Noah's and other seniors returning from a national championship.

He did a legendary thing back then. It's 2026.
And the struggle that even freaking UNC had finding a coach shows that. You can now win a National title just about anywhere with money.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Not that it matters, but Kentucky got that snap off in time at the end of regulation
  2. 02 KSR Football Kentucky football is now ranked in the Coaches Poll Top 25
  3. 03 KSR Football 'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win
  4. 04 KSR Football Did Kentucky end the Shane Beamer era in Columbia? 'It is not good enough. I get it.'
  5. 05 KSR Football Ty Bryant to the rest of the college football world: 'If they want to stay sleep, they can do that.'