Basketball schedules

123GRC321

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2002
42
22
0
Have noticed the past few years that many schools don’t fill theirs completely only playing 16 or 17 instead of the 18 they could have( plus a holiday and conference tournament). I guess I find this a little odd when many schools of similar class size near each other won’t schedule a game
 

Buff-alo

Sophomore
Feb 28, 2006
522
146
0
I think one thing that possibly leaves open dates is finding games that don’t hurt your power points. You might have someone right down the road that you never play, but they only consistently win 0 to 4 games every single year and you have a solid program year in and year out. Is that game beneficial to your program, especially if you are in the wildcard hunt? I think new wildcard system and how districts are played has caused a lot of ADs and Coaches to re-evaluate their schedules (and have led them to drop teams from their schedule to improve wildcard standings). On top of that getting your schedule to align with others, home vs. away games isn’t as easy as it sounds.
 
Huskerland Preps

Latest

  1. 01 Huskerland Preps Huskerland Week 6 Top Tens: 8-Man, Six-Man
  2. 02 Huskerland Preps Huskerland Week 6 Top Tens: 11-Man
  3. 03 Huskerland Preps Huskerland Bob's Saturday Morning Quarterback
  4. 04 Huskerland Preps Making the Most of His Opportunities: Jake Brock, Creighton Prep
  5. 05 Huskerland Preps Bergan at Bishop Neumann Another Great Pairing of Unbeatens