Basketball Banquet

Jul 28, 2010
7,841
6,980
0
That was a great speech by K. I really hope everyone watches his video (especially you Debbie Downers). It is why we’re Duke fans and why players go to play for him. I’d offer a synopsis of what he said that made it so good, but the whole damn speech is gold so I’m just gonna say WATCH IT. As a coach, the man is the GOAT both on the court and off.
 

bullettoothtony

All-Conference
Mar 29, 2010
1,196
1,405
0
Great speech. Reminds me of the fact that while I may disagree with a particular strategy or tactic from time to time, I've never been more fervent in my belief that our head coach is the best in the history of the sport.

I know I'm biased but how in the hell could anyone turn down the opportunity to play for the guy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LH24ND

dukiejay

Heisman
Mar 2, 2005
11,293
16,311
0
Any Zion or RJ speeches?

Damn Did I tear up

I'm not sure they gave speeches....at least, not that I've found. And I scoured a bit last night.

I did read that both Zion and R.J. got emotional. The Duke men's basketball page on Instagram had some pretty cool pictures from last night. Worth checking out, IMO.
 

BlueDaveil

Senior
Nov 25, 2017
541
704
0
In years past they’ve posted videos of the entire event. Haven’t seen one anywhere yet.
 

dukiejay

Heisman
Mar 2, 2005
11,293
16,311
0
I’m sensing Dennard could be an upcoming guest on the 5 Point Play podcast. That would be my guess.
 
  • Like
Reactions: skysdad
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Australian point guard Luke Paul commits to Duke
  2. 02 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  3. 03 Devils Illustrated Football My Take: Threefold silver linings for Duke, now obvious
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Watch: New Big J & Little J Show breaks down this weekend's romp and the first 4 games