Baseball tickets

MStateU

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2009
1,077
2,307
113
So I live in Starkville area. We are evidently poor and didn’t rank high enough to get our 4 tickets to weekend series. I know Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon games are hard to get to for some out of town ticket holders.

Did we ever establish a good way for people that live in Jackson or Meridian and can’t make a 4:00 Friday game to be able to get them in the hands of fans that can make it?

Seems like it wouldn’t be that difficult to put a link on main ticket office site. Maybe day of game you log on and say I’m interested in tickets to game this afternoon. Person with tickets see’s they can’t get there today and logs on and makes their two or 4 available. Automated system zings my account and credits theirs. Everyone is happy.

Maybe this exists and I don’t realize it. I know you can transfer to somebody you know wanting tickets but that limits you to having to be familiar with two people in this situation. I would think it would get more people in the stadium if you could anonymously upload and download.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
So I live in Starkville area. We are evidently poor and didn’t rank high enough to get our 4 tickets to weekend series. I know Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon games are hard to get to for some out of town ticket holders.

Did we ever establish a good way for people that live in Jackson or Meridian and can’t make a 4:00 Friday game to be able to get them in the hands of fans that can make it?

Seems like it wouldn’t be that difficult to put a link on main ticket office site. Maybe day of game you log on and say I’m interested in tickets to game this afternoon. Person with tickets see’s they can’t get there today and logs on and makes their two or 4 available. Automated system zings my account and credits theirs. Everyone is happy.

Maybe this exists and I don’t realize it. I know you can transfer to somebody you know wanting tickets but that limits you to having to be familiar with two people in this situation. I would think it would get more people in the stadium if you could anonymously upload and download.
Transferring within the Bulldog Club is very easy. Other than that I think it's just StubHub who will stick you with fees. So if you're both in the BC it's best to do that and work out the money through your own method.
 

MStateU

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2009
1,077
2,307
113
Yeah, it’s just not worth someone’s time to create and log onto stubhub, then deal with fees and getting tickets to random people. I understand why it isn’t. I probably wouldn’t either.

If it were an in house system from the people that generate the tickets in the first place, I would think it would get used more. I know I would with extra tickets I have during football as opposed to dealing with scalpers or 3rd party sites.

Whatever. Just sucks that it’s this way. Kids are upset.

17 you Rona.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Yeah, it’s just not worth someone’s time to create and log onto stubhub, then deal with fees and getting tickets to random people. I understand why it isn’t. I probably wouldn’t either.

If it were an in house system from the people that generate the tickets in the first place, I would think it would get used more. I know I would with extra tickets I have during football as opposed to dealing with scalpers or 3rd party sites.

Whatever. Just sucks that it’s this way. Kids are upset.

17 you Rona.
One positive is that Rona is expediting many of these exchange systems.
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,673
14,511
113
[FONT="]The Adventures of Ron & John:Ep. 3 Ticket Transfer Training #HailState🐶 pic.twitter.com/mt00LMCJJZ— Mississippi State Athletics (@HailState) February 23, 2021 [/FONT]​
 

MStateU

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2009
1,077
2,307
113
Yes. I agree. They have made that part much easier and are doing a good job with it. The problem is you have to already know somebody that is not using theirs and wanting to transfer.

They are very close, and it seems like they are one final step from getting this super easy and smooth for everyone. Finding people wanting to sell and finding people wanting to buy. Getting the ticketer matched up with the ticketee.

Ticket swap market place on bulldog club site or something. You have to be in bulldog club and it be done through dog tag. That way everyone will feel more comfortable because the bulldog club can see everyone’s names.

May be not enough juice for the squeeze to the bulldog club. No idea. I would put extra tickets up on their site knowing it is going to bulldog club members. I have not and will not take the time to bother with stubhub.

I’m sure people smarter than me have looked at it and realized why it wouldn’t work.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama