Baseball team in SC

Palmettodog

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
1,416
30
48
I'm assuming the team will just stay in SC for the remainder of the week?

I've got Mother's Day weekend commitments so I'll miss the games but I was curious what the team would do with an off day on Thursday.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
On the radio Monday, Lemonis said something about them touring The Citadel and doing a workout there tomorrow, then heading over to Columbia.

They usually fly in on Thursdays for road games and practice at the stadium that night, so you’re really only talking about half a day tomorrow that’s a little different from normal.
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,824
2,953
113
Charleston is a great town.....

I'm assuming the team will just stay in SC for the remainder of the week?

I've got Mother's Day weekend commitments so I'll miss the games but I was curious what the team would do with an off day on Thursday.

Fantastic food and loaded with history. Hopefully they'll get to spend some time there. Columbia is an easy two hour drive up I-26. They could leave at noon and be at USC at 2:00.
 
Last edited:

Shmuley

Heisman
Mar 6, 2008
24,313
12,266
113
The author of the article must be confused over which program he is referencing. Fancey is shot-gunning zima over this jewel of a paragraph:

[Lemonis] has one of the best jobs in college baseball — head coach at his [Dad's] alma mater, tradition-rich and baseball-crazy Mississippi State, where some 13,000 fans packed the stands for a recent game against rival Mississippi, pandemic or not.
 

AlSwearengen

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
1,237
0
0
It sounded like Lemonis was going to have them check out Charleston. I wonder if they hit Hall’s Chophouse. If they play like horse **** this weekend, we will know they did.
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
It sounded like Lemonis was going to have them check out Charleston. I wonder if they hit Hall’s Chophouse. If they play like horse **** this weekend, we will know they did.

Why so? Or are you just joking? I've never heard of the place.

Never mind. Just googled it. Think I know what you mean. Sounds like a good place to put on a few pounds.
 
Last edited:

Grove Sh*tter

Redshirt
Aug 25, 2014
911
0
0
Fantastic food and loaded with history. Hopefully they'll get to spend some time there. Columbia is an easy two hour drive up I-26. They could leave at noon and be at USC at 2:00.

I'd go to a minor league game. The team is owned by bill Murray, and he's often there. My little cuz did his emergency medicine residency in charleston and saw murray at a bar but was too timid to go give him a "gunga ga-loonga."
 

AlSwearengen

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
1,237
0
0
Why so? Or are you just joking? I've never heard of the place.

Never mind. Just googled it. Think I know what you mean. Sounds like a good place to put on a few pounds.

MSU people own it and it was the best restaurant experience I’ve ever had. Best, most genuine customer service that I can recall having which is surprising since the place is so busy and so acclaimed. The food was good enough that we considered going back a couple days later but decided we better not. Over the age of 30, you can’t eat like that more than once a week.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,684
24,534
113
It is a great town. I was there for Race Week this year. First time I’ve been there in a few years.

It’s similar to NOLA in many ways, but the food has a more colonial feel. I always enjoy my time there.
 

deltadawg63

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
38
0
0
Hope so. Awesome steak and owned & managed by a former MSU football player! Greatly enjoyed a fine steak last month.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,472
22,011
113
Great quote...

“It’s been a really good time, but it was hard to tell him I wanted to go from EE to PE.”
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again