Baseball America doesn't read SixPack

May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
Just pushed the latest update to the Projected Field of 64 live. There's a new host again today https://t.co/HJTT195v1P— Teddy Cahill (@tedcahill) May 28, 2021
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
We’re ok for now, but If Stanford sweeps Oregon State or if TCU gets to the championship game of their tourney, we’d probably fall behind them.
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,062
7,295
113
If Stanford wins one more against Oregon State, Its going to be hard to select us over them. Likely a top 9 (exclude Fairfield)RPI. As many or More quad 1 wins. Winning every series including against the pac 12 champs.

positive is Cohen is on the committee. I know he cant be around when we are discussed but human nature will make it hard to exclude us
 
Last edited by a moderator:
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
We’re ok for now, but If Stanford sweeps Oregon State or if TCU gets to the championship game of their tourney, we’d probably fall behind them.

I think TCU is more likely to take our spot than Stanford because Oregon State isn't a top team. TCU plays Texas Tech today, and if they go on a run could play Texas Sunday. My guess is the lowest we fall is #9.

ETA: The other thing working for TCU is they could potentially beat TTU twice.
 
Last edited:
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
If Stanford wins one more against Oregon State. Its going to be hard to select us over them.

I just don't see how Stanford is higher than us unless they just decide they want two Pac-12 teams in the top-8. Stanford could sweep Oregon State and would still have a lower winning% than us with an easier schedule (current SOS 41 vs. State's SOS 19).
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,062
7,295
113
I edited I think after your post my reasons. Ive never understood why we rely so heavily on rpi and then also talk SOS. Rpi incorporates it.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I just don't see how Stanford is higher than us unless they just decide they want two Pac-12 teams in the top-8. Stanford could sweep Oregon State and would still have a lower winning% than us with an easier schedule (current SOS 41 vs. State's SOS 19).

The human element probably benefits Stanford if they win this weekend. We had a couple of awful showings in the last couple of weeks, while they have been beating two of the best teams in their league in the same span (assuming they win one more this weekend). Also worth noting that if COVID doesn’t cancel their series against a bad Washington team, they probably win the Pac 12 outright.

TCU shared their conference title and with a good showing the next couple days I bet they get a Top 8. Could we slip ahead of Texas Tech though? Maybe. Our metrics are very very similar and we do have the one head to head win.

I think it’s more about Stanford though. One of those two Big 12 teams is getting a Top 8 bid. If Stanford takes care of business this weekend then I think we are outta luck.
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,062
7,295
113
TCU had their own Mizzou. They dropped 2 of 3 to La Monroe the same weekend we played Mizzou
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Xenomorph

Heisman
Feb 15, 2007
16,102
10,600
113
Notre Dame as a 5 seed..

Their RPI is 10. They went 25-10 in an an ACC that is the weakest it's been in 30 years. The next highest RPI in the conference is Miami at 22.

ND's SOS is 38 and they only played 5 non-conf. games.

But sure.. let's hand them a 5 seed because Notre Dame.
 
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
The human element probably benefits Stanford if they win this weekend.

I would be more concerned about Stanford if it weren't for Arizona. Without Arizona they would want to give a borderline top-8 Pac-12 team the top-8 seed. But with Arizona locked in the top-8, I think the committee will be content giving the Pac-12 one top-8 host and two more top-16 hosts if they value our resume over Stanford's.

I could be wrong, but that's the human element I worry about more: The committee trying to geographically distribute top-8 and top-16 seeds. That's why I think Notre Dame has been a lock for a top-8 seed for weeks now.
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,062
7,295
113
The ACC is a mess to figure out bc they played so few OOC games. Thats why RPIs are so off.
 
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
Neither does D1

🚨 LATEST FIELD OF 64 🚨Our latest NCAA tournament projections are OUT at @d1baseball.While the Top 8 remains the same, the Top 16 has a new host with @SouthernMissBSB joining the mix.THE FIELD: https://t.co/H0LRT38lTU pic.twitter.com/b4bi5cVsW5— Kendall Rogers (@KendallRogers) May 28, 2021
 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,009
1,977
113
Hilarious. Can we be a 2 seed again?**

In all seriousness, if it plays out that way, the Hattiesburg regional will be fun as hell.
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
I would be more concerned about Stanford if it weren't for Arizona. Without Arizona they would want to give a borderline top-8 Pac-12 team the top-8 seed. But with Arizona locked in the top-8, I think the committee will be content giving the Pac-12 one top-8 host and two more top-16 hosts if they value our resume over Stanford's.

I could be wrong, but that's the human element I worry about more: The committee trying to geographically distribute top-8 and top-16 seeds. That's why I think Notre Dame has been a lock for a top-8 seed for weeks now.

Two Top 8’s for the #4 RPI conference would be an abomination.
 

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
I still believe this was settled the week of the Mizzou series. I do not believe this weekend matters at all to national seeding.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,378
31,546
113
It matters, but no more than any other regular season games. This week hurts, but not as bad as the Missouri series did.
 
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
BA still has us top 8.

UPDATED FIELD OF 64!Here are the last four teams in as of Saturday morning. AlabamaLouisvilleMichiganLSUFull field: https://t.co/jgFHz0v2lE pic.twitter.com/HpUqdmIWMI— Baseball America (@BaseballAmerica) May 29, 2021
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
  5. 05 Maroon and White Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State