Bama Game

Dabo's Weenie

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2024
964
1,019
93
After a defensive performance like that in the first half, there's only one course of action - fire Mike Shula before the team heads home.
 

uscjunkie

Senior
Jan 27, 2022
1,080
771
113
Alright, then what happened to him after we hired him? Chicken curse ruined Beamer?
Maybe he is just a position coach and not a head coach, but I think it goes beyond that. No coach has ever won consistently here, and I don't think they ever will. The next coaching hire makes you feel good and gives you hope, but the history of this program doesn't lie.
 

uscjunkie

Senior
Jan 27, 2022
1,080
771
113
I think being the son of a legendary coach got him through a lot of doors that may not have opened if he didn’t have the Beamer name. And as far as the great talent he has brought to South Carolina, I would say a lot of that has to do with NIL and the transfer portal being in play. Shane Beamer was a decent recruiter when he was on Steve Spurrier’s staff, and I think that suited him best. I’ve never seen Shane as head coach material. He is not Frank, and I doubt he will reach his father’s legacy, though hopefully I’m wrong. We just need him to win consistently here.
No coach has ever won consistently.....Not even 2 HOF coaches.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brace1

PrestonyteParrot

All-Conference
May 28, 2024
3,237
3,205
113
How long is Beamer going to put up with Sellers throwing the ball in the dirt or directly to the defender?
 

bayrooster

All-American
Aug 21, 2003
15,614
8,033
113
I think being the son of a legendary coach got him through a lot of doors that may not have opened if he didn’t have the Beamer name. And as far as the great talent he has brought to South Carolina, I would say a lot of that has to do with NIL and the transfer portal being in play. Shane Beamer was a decent recruiter when he was on Steve Spurrier’s staff, and I think that suited him best. I’ve never seen Shane as head coach material. He is not Frank, and I doubt he will reach his father’s legacy, though hopefully I’m wrong. We just need him to win consistently here.
We just need him to be an ex-head coach.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brace1

Brace1

Redshirt
Oct 8, 2008
6
3
3
No coach has ever won consistently.....Not even 2 HOF coaches.
I agree with that. Now it’s time to change it, Shane Beamer has had 6 years. He either gets it done or hand over the whistle, Gamecock fans deserve better than this.
 

uscjunkie

Senior
Jan 27, 2022
1,080
771
113
Real question.....has there ever been a head coach at South Carolina who has gone on to better things anywhere else?
 

Dabo's Weenie

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2024
964
1,019
93
I'm just thankful Bama had their typical slow start.

I can only imagine how bad it would be if they'd come out hot.
 

uscjunkie

Senior
Jan 27, 2022
1,080
771
113
I think the facilities at USC are named incorrectly. The soccer stadium should give Willy B the name The Graveyard.....where promising coaching careers come to die!
 

Deathstar

Junior
Sep 6, 2026
306
249
43
If Sellers just scrambled on every pass play in the first half we might be in this game. He is not a passing QB, he completely sucks as a passer. He is an excellent RB. He needs to run the QB option on every play.
 

TheRoo

Joined Nov 3, 2021
Feb 6, 2022
320
172
43
Bizarre Game. Yardage Dead Even. First Downs: SC - 19 Bama - 12; SC leads time of possession too.

IMO, This is why we've seen these wild swings of good and bad from this staff.

They gamble alot and sometimes it works and other times it's a train wreck.

Still far more entertaining than watching Muschamp Teams.
 

Dabo's Weenie

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2024
964
1,019
93
Now they have less than one quarter to score as many points as they've scored in over three to win this one.

Seems likely.
 

uscjunkie

Senior
Jan 27, 2022
1,080
771
113
So give Shane a lifetime contract?
I really don't care what happens because it is just a rinse and repeat situation. New hire....5 or 6 years we fire and start over. If you don't see that then you haven't followed USC very long.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Sunday update on Shane Beamer, South Carolina football
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football PFF Grades: South Carolina's Week 5 loss to Kentucky
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Inside the snap count: South Carolina vs. Kentucky
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Shane Beamer's thought process behind two failed fourth-down play calls in Kentucky loss
  5. 05 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more