Baltimore Bridge Collapse

baltimorened

All-American
May 29, 2001
8,739
6,430
113
and how do you think a maritime law from the 1850s l, limiting the liability, is still applicable today?

how do think regulations around ships needing tug escorts were eliminated?

You’re not dense at all, you’re just not making the “leap” with me.

sorry … I just don’t believe a person can become a billionaire organically. Most come up with a great idea or a new method of during business and once they grow to the point where they have financial and political leverage they slam the door behind them lobby and pay off politicians to further solidify their monopolies. Manipulate and take advantage of the tax code, leaving the middle class (you and me) to pick up the tab.

I
yea, I get what you're saying, but where are the billionaires in this? That's what I don't see.

I don't find it totally unbelievable that a law from 1850 is still in effect today. The emancipation was from 1863, still in effect (although I guess some might disagree)

Not trying to be argumentative, but just trying to understand. There weren't any billionaires in 1850. and if that law is still in effect than apparently none tried to change it
 
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Offensive Line
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football Here's what we know about Clemson's football team entering the open date
  3. 03 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting MONDAY INSIDER
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football Right now Clemson Football is hard to watch
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football CLEMSON FOOTBALL: The Day After