Baby Driver (out yesterday)

CowboyJD

Heisman
Dec 12, 2002
30,977
20,811
0
"Baby Driver" is a great, great movie.

One of the best soundtracks ever, and the music is almost an additional character in the movie.

John Hamm, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx, and (for the youngsters) Ansel Egort all give great performances.

Edgar Wright directing car chase scenes that are on par with the best like those in "French Connection", "Bullitt", and "Ronin". All of them made in camera with real drivers driving real cars instead of "Fast and Furious" physics defying CGI ********.

I highly recommend this movie.

For all of those unfamiliar with Edgar Wright, he wrote and directed "Shaun of the Dead", "Hot Fuzz", and "The Worlds End". He also directed "Scott Pilgrim v. the World" and wrote the "Ant Man" screenplay.
 

Chillwell

All-American
Jun 16, 2001
85,053
7,354
0
"Baby Driver" is a great, great movie.

One of the best soundtracks ever, and the music is almost an additional character in the movie.

John Hamm, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx, and (for the youngsters) Ansel Egort all give great performances.

Edgar Wright directing car chase scenes that are on par with the best like those in "French Connection", "Bullitt", and "Ronin". All of them made in camera with real drivers driving real cars instead of "Fast and Furious" physics defying CGI ********.

I highly recommend this movie.

For all of those unfamiliar with Edgar Wright, he wrote and directed "Shaun of the Dead", "Hot Fuzz", and "The Worlds End". He also directed "Scott Pilgrim v. the World" and wrote the "Ant Man" screenplay.
Saw it today. I think I went in with too high expectations.

Don't get me wrong; it was good. I just wasn't blown away by it. And I didn't enjoy the soundtrack anywhere as close to the rest of you.

Also, I really enjoyed Jamie Foxx. I thought he was great in his role.
 

BluegrassPoke

Heisman
Dec 10, 2002
44,493
92,963
101
Saw it today. I think I went in with too high expectations.

Don't get me wrong; it was good. I just wasn't blown away by it. And I didn't enjoy the soundtrack anywhere as close to the rest of you.

Also, I really enjoyed Jamie Foxx. I thought he was great in his role.
My son downloaded the soundtrack. It is kick ***!
 
  • Like
Reactions: NeekReevers
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  3. 03 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight