So if there staying at 28 on the roster, I assume there gonna wanna save some spots for recruits and or transfer next year? All of the inaugural class leaving after next year since they had to redshirt their first year leaves some big spots to fill. Is Sam Sachs still coming this year didnt see her name on the roster but that could be another one of those things like dean Peterson listed at 33
Yes, I chatted with Sachs the other day and she is at Iowa, feeling good and looking forward to the season.
That's one of the errors/omissions of the school's initial roster release that I corrected in my story (but I probably could've highlighted that more specifically).
Sachs unenrolled from school during the spring semester after getting hip surgery, then spent the spring/summer back home in California while going through rehab. That's also why she got removed from the roster midway through last season.
As for the 28/30 roster spots filled - yes, the 2027 recruiting class if going to be a huge one. Throw in the six athletes whose eligibility will expire after this season and Iowa will have at least eight spots available (and probably more).
On a related note: I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I have an extensive behind-the-scenes feature on the women's program that should be published
very soon - after I got the chance to spend three days with the Iowa staff at Fargo last month.
If not for an unexpected, though completely necessary delay due to outside factors the story would've been published a couple weeks ago. But I promise it is coming very soon - and will offer a lot of insight into Iowa's approach toward the Class of 2027.