Arnett... maybe

MaroonOldCrow

Senior
Aug 22, 2012
588
482
63
I hope Selmon puts a Wendy's clause in the contract.

st. patricks bacon GIF by Wendy's Puerto Rico
 

curseddawgs

All-Conference
Jun 16, 2021
1,374
1,240
113
National media have way more connections and sources.
Yeah but our beat is laughably bad. Robbie Faulk tries to be a Twitter comedian while also providing the most baseline analysis about everything. Steve was so connected with Cohen that a week after he left for Auburn he wrote an article saying he knew because of a phone call where Cohen hesitated to answer a question about the Auburn job
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
Making sure we got an assistant with head coaching experience to take over as interim next season****

in all seriousness, arnett is a definite upgrade but I would have figured there was too much water under the bridge for this. This may be the best hire we can make given Lebby’s shaky ground.
 

dgsmith15

Senior
Nov 10, 2008
1,469
988
113
A weird hire. He was a decent DC. And relative to Hutzler - he’s Buddy Ryan.

Swing and misses by Lebby trying to get a DC. State had to settle with an unemployed coach.
To be fair, Pry was technically an unemployed coach also.

But in my mind this makes it obvious that Leb’s seat is red hot. No sane DC candidate, looking for stability, is going to hitch their wagon to a sinking ship.
 

TrueMaroonGrind

All-Conference
Jan 6, 2017
4,129
1,699
113
Same but after the dust settles I think most will get on board with him. I can’t hold a grudge for his failure as a HC. He wasn’t ready. Keenum is responsible for that disaster.
Oh I really don’t hold that against him. He was an amazing DC for us, then Leach died and he was put into a position that he wasn’t ready for. I’ll be 100x more confident in Arnett than I ever was in Hutzler. Shoot a top 60 defense at this point will look like the Steel Curtain.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K’Nard Callendar
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  5. 05 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State