Armed Forces Bowl it is!

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
2020 blows. For 13 years I lived in DFW and not once did we play a game in the area.... I move and a month later they come to town. Horseshit.
 

Bulldog Bruce

All-American
Nov 1, 2007
5,259
6,489
113
You probably wouldn't of had the chance to go anyway. That would have REALLY sucked.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,703
24,569
113
Game is set for 12/31, I believe. I wonder if we’ll be able to have some practices after the game, because it doesn’t seem like we have enough time to get all of ours in otherwise.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,526
16,278
113
A dozen of my in-laws got back from the NFR in DFW and they all got the 'Rona. Supposedly it's thick out there. Be careful.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
Tulsa is good, only losses this year were by single digits to Cincinnati and Oklahoma State. This isn't really like playing Rice or Miami (OH) in prior years, they are a Top 25 team and we will have to play one of our best games to win.
 

TNT.sixpack

Redshirt
Nov 4, 2014
819
43
28
[tweet]1340782470170619907[/tweet]

#11straight

I understand the bowl alignments, sponsorships and all that, but does anyone else feel strange that we’re playing in the ARMED FORCES bowl and army who is 9-2 doesn’t get to play in a bowl and they are the ARMED FORCES.
 

ArcherSPS

Junior
Aug 22, 2012
3,637
244
63
Join a conference, that’s what Army has to do...same with BYU. Just join the AAC and you’re good to go.
 

ArcherSPS

Junior
Aug 22, 2012
3,637
244
63
We should go to the Cotton Bowl because our state grows a bunch of cotton! Your logic is dumb.
 

rynodawg

Senior
May 29, 2007
1,171
418
83
For veterans, reserves, or active duty,, there are still a few free tickets available (in sets of 2, $3 service charge each) on the bowl website. If you qualify, might want to jump on those.
 

wpmusm

Redshirt
Mar 24, 2012
510
3
18
Armed Forces is a fun bowl game. Check out the stockyards district in FW if you make the trip.
 

NWADawg

Senior
May 4, 2016
1,231
732
113
Tulsa is good, only losses this year were by single digits to Cincinnati and Oklahoma State. This isn't really like playing Rice or Miami (OH) in prior years, they are a Top 25 team and we will have to play one of our best games to win.

So, Tulsa is 6-2 and ranked 24 but a 3 win team from the SEC is the 2 point favorite to win. If they are a crap team from a crap conference, they shouldn't be ranked even if they are 12-0. Any legitimately ranked team should be favored by at least 10 over a 3-7 team in a bowl game.

Their ranking feels like a participation trophy.
 

Junction John

Redshirt
Oct 22, 2014
3,249
0
0
I tested positive the week I got back from Dallas, a month or so ago. Never knew where/how I got it, but now I guess I can blame the Big D.
 

TNT.sixpack

Redshirt
Nov 4, 2014
819
43
28
We should go to the Cotton Bowl because our state grows a bunch of cotton! Your logic is dumb.

"we" don't do ****. I'm talking about the players themselves, not "we". Army is made up of kids who are IN THE ARMED FORCES. It's what they do. Yet they aren't aligned to be able to play in that bowl even though they have a 9-2 record. All I'm saying is it seems odd. If you look at my original message, I said I understand the alignments and the bowl sponsorships and why. It's just a strange situation. There is no "logic" in that. Its just an observation of something that seems odd. Our players all play for Mississippi State. Imagine having a bowl sponsored by Mississippi State and not playing in it with a 9-2 record, but Army plays in it. It's just weird.
 

ArcherSPS

Junior
Aug 22, 2012
3,637
244
63
"we" don't do ****. I'm talking about the players themselves, not "we". Army is made up of kids who are IN THE ARMED FORCES. It's what they do. Yet they aren't aligned to be able to play in that bowl even though they have a 9-2 record. All I'm saying is it seems odd. If you look at my original message, I said I understand the alignments and the bowl sponsorships and why. It's just a strange situation. There is no "logic" in that. Its just an observation of something that seems odd. Our players all play for Mississippi State. Imagine having a bowl sponsored by Mississippi State and not playing in it with a 9-2 record, but Army plays in it. It's just weird.
Are you dense? Lockheed Martin, a private entity, sponsors the bowl, not the US Army. USM and Tulane played in it last year. Army’s athletic dept failed them to an extent by accepting an Indy Bowl invite and not being in a conference. They played 3 FCS teams this year
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State