Anyone ever booked a trip using booking.com?

Jun 10, 2026
427
654
93
I purchased a vacation to the beach last night and it gave me a receipt but I have no clue what facility or room I'm in. I feel scammed because I assumed it was for the pictures it showed.

Just curious if anyone's ever booked this way. Mods can delete if ya want.
 

Snarks

All-American
Jan 31, 2005
8,674
7,340
93
Never used them but from reviews sounds like a legit site. Seems like most people with issues are from the customer service side of things (ie issues at hotel, overbooking)
 
  • Like
Reactions: FactsOrOpinions

TheResistance

All-American
Jul 3, 2025
4,024
8,541
113
I have used Booking multiple times. The one thing you need to be aware of is "some" hotels will double book rooms made by Booking IF they can get higher rates. The only time this happened was in Noblesville IN, when I would go to Concerts. Just be aware that it could happen if you are traveling for an event. Normally, if it is just a regular scheduled vacation stay, you should be fine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FactsOrOpinions

Artlaibesghost

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2022
1,371
2,831
113
I just recently used them to book a hotel in St Louis to see the Cardinals play. Room was as advertised and everything went well. It is a legitimate site.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FactsOrOpinions
Jun 10, 2026
427
654
93
Only once. And then never again. Book direct.
Lol thanks. Anxiety through the roof. It's says confirmed and gave me the numbers for verification but maybe I need to just give it a few days before I freak out.

What's making all this more confusing is I payed using affirm. I figured I'd give it a try. So really I should have asked about affirm in the title also.
 
Last edited:

Goingfor9

All-Conference
Jan 27, 2003
16,494
3,543
113
I purchased a vacation to the beach last night and it gave me a receipt but I have no clue what facility or room I'm in. I feel scammed because I assumed it was for the pictures it showed.

Just curious if anyone's ever booked this way. Mods can delete if ya want.
You have 24 hrs to cancel it’s a federal law I believe
 
  • Like
Reactions: FactsOrOpinions
Oct 9, 2015
14,207
37,773
78
Booking is a little risky. It’s legit, but I know two people who didn’t get what they actually thought they were getting, and little to no recourse.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FactsOrOpinions
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Will Stein is doing things at UK that Bear Bryant didn't, 'but I would not consider me Bear Bryant'
  2. 02 KSR Football House of Blue Hot Take Review dreams big after Kentucky's massive win over LSU
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting 'Kentucky is definitely a program I could see myself at,' says Vanderbilt commit Allen Evans IV
  4. 04 KSR Football National reactions to Kentucky's upset over LSU: '(UK) is a legitimate CFP Contender'
  5. 05 KSR Volleyball No. 4 Kentucky VB fights off Ole Miss in four sets