Anyone else work with their wife?

MegaPoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
76,451
91,401
103
I do and (at least for me) it's awesome.

I know not everyone would want to work with their wife but it's pretty great for me especially since she's got her **** together and I'm an ADD cautionary tale.

Also, lots of no consequence sexual harassment.

What's the downside?
 

BluegrassPoke

Heisman
Dec 10, 2002
44,494
92,970
101
The only way this would happen is if we started a small business, otherwise I will pass and I love her dearly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MegaPoke

cableok_rivals

All-Conference
Nov 7, 2002
2,642
1,830
0
I don't work with my wife, but we ended up on the same board of a foundation. I was on the board and someone asked her to join and for some reason that person didn't realize we were married.
Board only meets three times annually, but still a little awkward - but also good because we believe in the same things to prioritize for funding so our voting block is important. :)

When my wife was a school teacher I was her Junior Achievement volunteer. That was actually very fun.
I would like working with her everyday (and no, she is not looking over my shoulder as I type this).
 
  • Like
Reactions: MegaPoke

MegaPoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
76,451
91,401
103
I expected this post to die on the vine. Good stuff.

It works for me because we own a small biz and have complimentary strengths and weaknesses.

We both had corporate careers and love the fact that we don't still have them.

I realize it's corny AF but she's my best friend and brings professional skills to the table that let me focus on what I do well - which is admittedly a narrow window. She gets my vision and helps me achieve it. Plus, fun. Rock star level fun.
 

nathajw

Heisman
Mar 20, 2007
106,638
15,378
113
We used to, that's how we met.

We were even sharing an office with just a divider wall when we started sharing other things.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MegaPoke

poke957

Junior
Nov 24, 2005
515
283
0
Did it for 5 years. We decided one of us had to go. Hell, we had to have employees mediate simple decisions sometimes. She has now had a partner for a year and they are doing great. Home life is back to rockstar status, so I guess it was the right decision.
 

zthiel

All-Conference
Feb 10, 2010
2,883
2,333
113
My wife wants to spend every hour of the day together. I like the idea of that but if at any time I don't exude the excitement of an infomercial salesmen she asked me if I'm depressed. I'm not sure we could work together without me turning into a cokehead.
 

BluegrassPoke

Heisman
Dec 10, 2002
44,494
92,970
101
I work for the Salvation Army. That means I work for a husband and wife team. What is really weird is that I make so much more than they do together. I love my bosses.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MegaPoke

MajorMike_Ret

Heisman
Aug 20, 2003
14,071
10,782
113
I sub sometimes at wife's school.

She's teacher of the year material and I'm the goofball sub the kids love because we dork around all day.

I don't give a damn about wife being better, she works harder than anyone, but when the kids start aaying they would rather have me than her, she tends to get s little pissy.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  4. 04 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia