Anybody really think would win today?

FlotownDawg

All-American
Aug 30, 2012
7,238
8,121
113
I did not. But I thought we’d keep it within a couple touchdowns. We are scared of Bama, all there is to it. I don’t think we will ever beat them again unless they go through a Mike DuBose period. And that was brought on by probation, which teams will not go through anymore thanks to NIL.
 

SanfordRJones

Senior
Nov 17, 2006
1,363
467
83
No, but I didn't expect to feel this fatalistic and demoralized about the loss. It doesn't help matters that it was such a resounding as s whipping. It just doesn't feel to me like we'll ever be able to be in a competitive game with those inbred 17s again, much less actually ever pull out a win. GD it, I hate Alabama.
 
  • Like
Reactions: The Usual Suspect

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,302
14,847
113
I said earlier that I thought the line would be +9.5. It obviously should have been.

And if it had been disclosed that the QB was nursing an injured hamstring and couldn’t run, and the vital starting RB was clearly hurt and should have been in street clothes, then the line would’ve been +17 or more.

So, no, I didn’t think we’d win, but I’m still unhappy with a lot of **** I saw today.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PhredPhantom

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,133
2,541
113
Felt pretty good if we could come out and move the ball early, we had a chance. That lasted maybe 2 minutes…
 

Bneal

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2016
154
103
28
Win? No

Get blown off the field like we brought a group of kids over from the local YMCA? No

We got out coached and out played in every facet of the game today. Like, we literally did nothing well. Not one thing. Kudos to Evans and Whitson, though, for at least showing up today
Lebby and staff are a lonnngggggway from being respected in this league. If you don’t believe me listen to the commentator mock us for the second half nonstop. We fought under adversary. Then we didn’t. They looked like NFL guys next to us.
 
  • Like
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawg1976

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2012
8,388
2,915
113
Nope. I feared today’s results. I figured our only hope is if bama turned the ball over multiple times and we played over our head. Got a couple of turnovers but those were more than offset by ours. Bottom line they are just head and shoulders better than us in most positions.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

PBRME

All-American
Feb 12, 2004
11,398
5,489
113
Looking at the score thread not many of us.
We need to get better on the oline, dline, and add depth everywhere.
 

eckie1

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2007
4,085
4,264
113
I expected us to lose a tough one, but didn’t see the KT implosion coming the way it did. But, his hype machine is now dead and we can just focus on the season instead of having to hear about his NIL, etc.

The OL simply can’t compete with an elite team. But, KT’s biggest mistakes came with him having plenty of time. Just a terrible, terrible effort.

We can only hope that we bootstrap ourselves up and the bye weeks heals us up a little.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Maroon13
Feb 25, 2017
190
278
63
I thought this was our best shot in years. I did over estimate what our D is capable of. They could have pounded it down our throats all day if they had so wanted to.
 

theoriginalSALTYdog

All-Conference
Jul 10, 2021
1,917
2,450
113
Nope, I knew we weren't going to win. Tried to tell some guys earlier this week to temper their expectations. It was worse than I would've expected but losing is what I fully expected. History isn't on our side.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Captain Ron

POTUS

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
4,994
13,439
113
I expected us to lose. I also think we are very live to win in Baton Rouge. We just need to get healthy and flush this one. 2-2 in October is still in play.
 
Oct 29, 2009
2,707
585
113
i knew we were going to lose....its why i didnt go and gave away my gridiron club tickets to friends....our injuries weren't sensationalized enough after Missouri game, and bama has looked damn near all world their last couple of games....annnnnnnnd we are poor ole mithippi state....bama is probably second best in sec right now behind UGA......
 

Blitz83

Redshirt
Feb 6, 2019
86
12
8
Win? No

Get blown off the field like we brought a group of kids over from the local YMCA? No

We got out coached and out played in every facet of the game today. Like, we literally did nothing well. Not one thing. Kudos to Evans and Whitson, though, for at least showing up today
This is what I think most of us wanted to see a competitive performance. We just looked pooorly with a few outliers.
 

PapaDawg

Senior
Nov 19, 2014
823
762
93
I thought the only way we would win is if Bama spotted us a couple scores early due to turnovers, played uninspired football, and we played mistake free nobody gets hurt football. None of those happened.
 

OrangeThrower

Freshman
Jan 20, 2021
193
76
28
Arnette’s defense sucks against top 25 offenses and we don’t have line of scrimmage talent. Go recruit and getting a defensive coordinator it’s not rocket science. But at the end of the day we are just bamas bi*** cause we get scared like leach said and turn into a bunch a pu*****
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor