Please restrict answers to on-court performance of his team.
What would it take in these next 6+ games to end Howland's run as MSU head BB coach or buy him another year?
Your not alone ckDog. I’m right there with you.I vote that. I quit watching a long time ago. I'm no longer interested. Nothing short of making the tournament (or maybe getting into the SEC Final game to qualify for the NCAAT) would make me want to watch our basketball team.
And before I get shat on, this is not a fringe position. Hell, it may not even be a minority position any longer.
Me three. I just got tired of getting getting my hopes up with promising wins only to take two steps back with embarrassing losses.Your not alone ckDog. I’m right there with you.
Please restrict answers to on-court performance of his team.
What would it take in these next 6+ games to end Howland's run as MSU head BB coach or buy him another year?
End the season 3-2. That puts us at 14-13 on the year and 8-10 in conference play.
This was not predicted to be a strong year and it hasnt been. Its been a season with mixed and inconsistent results.
Win a game in the SEC tournament and its a 15-14 season. Call it a year and recognize thre were some bad losses and some good wins.
I think as long as he wins 1 more game, he stays. Thats 12-16 on the year after an SEC T loss. Not good, but doubt he is fired.
Is there anyone that doesn't believe we've reached out ceiling with Howland?
Is there anyone that doesn't believe we've reached out ceiling with Howland?
I really don't care. It all depends on if we can get a coach that is a real upswing. Otherwise, I would let Ben have another season to see if we can increase the basketball IQ and passing/ball handling skills. These guys needed some real experience under fire and they have experienced lots of ups and downs.
A new coach might be what they need but I would not just go out and hire someone the simply replace Ben. We don't need an older retread either.
That's a tall order for our current AD in this environment of Covid tossing everything up in the air. Smart money might be to hold on unless something crosses our path that is too good to pass up.
Please restrict answers to on-court performance of his team.
What would it take in these next 6+ games to end Howland's run as MSU head BB coach or buy him another year?
Barring a total collapse, he's got another year if he wants it. It's frustrating, because he should be doing so much better, but it's not to the point of firing him. Hopefully, he's ready to go off into the West Coast sunset soon.
Please restrict answers to on-court performance of his team.
What would it take in these next 6+ games to end Howland's run as MSU head BB coach or buy him another year?
Then can we send lard butt George Brooks packing? He seems to serve no purpose. He couldn’t even get his own son signed. And we haven’t had a decent Post (no pun intended) player since Jarvis Varnado or Tiera McCowan. So even his position coaching sucks.
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
Maroon and White Football
"Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
Maroon and White Football
"We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
Maroon and White
Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama