Another "what if..."

Rodenthater

Sophomore
Jan 1, 2013
888
124
43
Wondering what thoughts are of the very first play from scrimmage when the tOSU receiver actually caught, took two steps, and promptly fumbled which was recovered by one of our db's? In my mind, it was a fumble. I was upset that there was no call for a replay, but then, we were playing dOSU football powerhouse. I wonder what difference it would have made. Maybe , in the words of Sammy Baugh, the final score would have been 52-10!
 

PurpleHaze525

Redshirt
Mar 16, 2009
897
23
0
Wondering what thoughts are of the very first play from scrimmage when the tOSU receiver actually caught, took two steps, and promptly fumbled which was recovered by one of our db's? In my mind, it was a fumble. I was upset that there was no call for a replay, but then, we were playing dOSU football powerhouse. I wonder what difference it would have made. Maybe , in the words of Sammy Baugh, the final score would have been 52-10!

Optimistically maybe 45-6
 
Aug 31, 2003
15,133
557
113
Very first play from scrimmage.
It was such a clear fumble that Brock Huard was speechless for a moment...
Let me put it another way. I was at the game, and I'm pretty sure I watched the first play from scrimmage, and I don't remember anybody in the crowd yelling that it should have been a fumble. Granted, 70% of the crowd was tOSU fans, but there were purple fans around me and none of them seemed to think anything was amiss on that play.

I guess the view must have been better on television.
 

NU Houston

Senior
Apr 12, 2010
6,543
522
113
Let me put it another way. I was at the game, and I'm pretty sure I watched the first play from scrimmage, and I don't remember anybody in the crowd yelling that it should have been a fumble. Granted, 70% of the crowd was tOSU fans, but there were purple fans around me and none of them seemed to think anything was amiss on that play.

I guess the view must have been better on television.
Yes, the replay on TV clearly showed that he had possession and thus fumbled. However, the ref blew the whistle and signaled incomplete pass, so I'm not sure that it was reviewable.
 

No Chores

Senior
Jul 2, 2006
6,940
681
113
Yes, the replay on TV clearly showed that he had possession and thus fumbled. However, the ref blew the whistle and signaled incomplete pass, so I'm not sure that it was reviewable.
Disagree. He had possession briefly. made no football move and had it knocked out almost immediately. After seeing it a couple of times, I commented to my wife that it was the correct call. Note I'm never one to give OSU the benefit of the doubt.
 

TXnumbCAT

Sophomore
Aug 19, 2005
827
110
28
Let me put it another way. I was at the game, and I'm pretty sure I watched the first play from scrimmage, and I don't remember anybody in the crowd yelling that it should have been a fumble. Granted, 70% of the crowd was tOSU fans, but there were purple fans around me and none of them seemed to think anything was amiss on that play.

I guess the view must have been better on television.

I was yelling it was a fumble from section 129.
 

corbi2961

Senior
Sep 9, 2005
30,524
786
0
Disagree. He had possession briefly. made no football move and had it knocked out almost immediately. After seeing it a couple of times, I commented to my wife that it was the correct call. Note I'm never one to give OSU the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
  2. 02 On3 NIL Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Grades Analysis
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Behind Enemy Lines: Ball State