An absolute embarrassment

GhostOfJackie

Senior
Apr 20, 2009
3,795
712
113
is what our football team is at the moment. Act like you’ve been there before. Disagree if you want, but I’m sitting here watching a postgame brawl with ******* Tulsa over and over again on ESPN. With TULSA... not an SEC foe..... ******* Tulsa. It’s almost like beating up a crippled kid. A 3 win team running around before the game with no shirts on talking **** to an AAC school? Do we even know where we are as a program anymore? Is this what Leach is going to allow moving forward? Good programs simply DO NOT allow this type **** to happen.

This is why 3 win garbage teams should never get invited to a bowl game. The game was embarrassing enough, only to be overshadowed by a complete lack of self awareness, and our veteran players are 100% to blame. A fitting way to punctuate a ****** year.
 
Last edited:

woozman

All-Conference
Nov 13, 2004
3,455
2,693
113
In a normal year with OOC games we have 6-7 wins before the bowl. Tulsa were chippy little bitches from the first snap. We shouldn’t have let it escalate at the end, but it is what it is.

We won the game...
 

HamSammich

Freshman
Nov 9, 2016
910
63
28
Yea, gonna have to disagree with you, boss.

if we were so undeserving we wouldn’t have won. And, you obviously didn’t follow the game that close. Tulsa (NOT State) got in our faces before the game. Wanna know something else, TULSA (not State) is one of the most penalized teams in the nation.

After the game, you had TULSA players AND coaches/Staffers shoving State players before they threw a punch.

Sure, you never want to see a brawl after the game, but you know who could have stopped all of this? The refs. They allowed the talking and shoving to go on all game and didn’t throw one flag (for that).
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,496
113
Meh.

Everytime it comes on ESPN, I'm cranking up the volume and enjoying it aGAIN.

We kicked Tulsa's *** twice today. It was nice.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
People get mad at me on the Ole Miss board because of this, but, if the situation was flipped to Ole Miss exactly, how would you feel? My guess is many of you would feel very differently.

As would I. I’m not trying to take a fake moral high ground. I’m just simply pointing out that the truth is somewhere in the middle, like with most things. It shouldn’t have happened. But it also doesn’t define State’s program in any way.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,517
31,767
113
I wouldn't feel much differently if it was Mississippi instead of Mississippi State.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,496
113
People get mad at me on the Ole Miss board because of this, but, if the situation was flipped to Ole Miss exactly, how would you feel? My guess is many of you would feel very differently.

As would I. I’m not trying to take a fake moral high ground. I’m just simply pointing out that the truth is somewhere in the middle, like with most things. It shouldn’t have happened. But it also doesn’t define State’s program in any way.

I think pretty much everyone wishes it hadn't happened. And I make no excuses for Heath opening up a can of haul-*** after his kick. But outside of that, I don't have a problem with us standing up to that nonsense. They played filthy all day. They asked for it without realizing that they didn't want it.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,524
16,275
113
I’m more embarrassed about our fans clutching their pearls over a fight.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
I think pretty much everyone wishes it hadn't happened. And I make no excuses for Heath opening up a can of haul-*** after his kick. But outside of that, I don't have a problem with us standing up to that nonsense. They played filthy all day. They asked for it without realizing that they didn't want it.

I don’t disagree. Just saying that if you frame it in that light, it’ll give you your real answer.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,496
113
I don’t disagree. Just saying that if you frame it in that light, it’ll give you your real answer.

And God's honest truth....if Indiana starts crap with you guys in the pregame, and they yap after every play, and they throw knees and elbows at your guys while they're on the ground after a play, when y'all get enough and whip their asses, I'll be right here posting 100% in support of it.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
And God's honest truth....if Indiana starts crap with you guys in the pregame, and they yap after every play, and they throw knees and elbows at your guys while they're on the ground after a play, when y'all get enough and whip their asses, I'll be right here posting 100% in support of it.

That’s awesome, and I respect it. I didn’t watch any of the game, full disclosure. I was just pointing out the fact that I see so, so many Ole Miss and MSU fans that have two completely different sets of standards of how they expect the other to behave. It’s stupid.
 

msudawg1200

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2012
1,071
1,012
113
Bullcrap. I'm proud we actually showed a pair like we wanted to be there. This year has been fricked for these players. How was the game embarrassing? Because we beat the number 24 ranked team in the country? I swear some of you on here.
 

WrapItDog

Senior
Aug 23, 2012
4,336
791
113
Meh.

Everytime it comes on ESPN, I'm cranking up the volume and enjoying it aGAIN.

We kicked Tulsa's *** twice today. It was nice.

This guy does a pretty good play by play of the pregame and post game brawl

[TWEET]1344789607322431493[/TWEET]
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,496
113
That’s awesome, and I respect it. I didn’t watch any of the game, full disclosure. I was just pointing out the fact that I see so, so many Ole Miss and MSU fans that have two completely different sets of standards of how they expect the other to behave. It’s stupid.

No doubts. Neither of our fanbases have a shortage of idiots. But today's game was an example of a mid major with penis envy seeing an opportunity to get a notch on their belt over an SEC team, one I'm sure they perceived as an easy win. So they came out trying to be the alpha and intimidate. It didn't work out very well.

I would hope Ole Miss wouldn't take any crap off Indiana, either.
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,662
19,430
113
The losing team leaves the field and the winning teams stays to get trophy. The losing team did not leave. They stayed looking for trouble. They were looking for trouble before and during the game as well. So **** them and their fans.
 

QuadrupleOption

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2012
1,286
1,425
93
17 Tulsa, 17 ESPN, 17 Horka and the Clarion 17ing Ledger, 17 Ole Miss fans, and 17 you limp-dicked wanna-be moralists who can't wait to piss, moan, whine, and ***** about a little harmless after-game theatrics.

It was idiot 18-22 year olds acting like idiot 18-22 year olds. No one got hurt or killed. Go take a Viagra and man the 17 up, Nancy.
 

turkish

Junior
Aug 22, 2012
996
372
63
People get mad at me on the Ole Miss board because of this, but, if the situation was flipped to Ole Miss exactly, how would you feel? My guess is many of you would feel very differently.

As would I. I’m not trying to take a fake moral high ground. I’m just simply pointing out that the truth is somewhere in the middle, like with most things. It shouldn’t have happened. But it also doesn’t define State’s program in any way.
As with any issue, whether I agree or not, I couldn’t care less what the rebels’ opinion is. Piss off. With all due respect.
 
Last edited:

tatedog

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2015
8,739
0
0
People get mad at me on the Ole Miss board because of this, but, if the situation was flipped to Ole Miss exactly, how would you feel? My guess is many of you would feel very differently.

As would I. I’m not trying to take a fake moral high ground. I’m just simply pointing out that the truth is somewhere in the middle, like with most things. It shouldn’t have happened. But it also doesn’t define State’s program in any way.

My hate for Memphis pales in comparison to my hate for Ole Miss, but I live near Memphis and relish any opportunity to needle my Memphis friends. After this happened to them after their bowl game a few seasons ago it never even crossed my mind to mention it. I don't get "your team got in a fight" trash talk. I really don't. It would be highly hypocritical considering how many Egg Bowls have featured very ugly incidents before, during and after games.
 
Sep 25, 2013
1,627
0
0
is what our football team is at the moment. Act like you’ve been there before. Disagree if you want, but I’m sitting here watching a postgame brawl with ******* Tulsa over and over again on ESPN. With TULSA... not an SEC foe..... ******* Tulsa. It’s almost like beating up a crippled kid. A 3 win team running around before the game with no shirts on talking **** to an AAC school? Do we even know where we are as a program anymore? Is this what Leach is going to allow moving forward? Good programs simply DO NOT allow this type **** to happen.

This is why 3 win garbage teams should never get invited to a bowl game. The game was embarrassing enough, only to be overshadowed by a complete lack of self awareness, and our veteran players are 100% to blame. A fitting way to punctuate a ****** year.


Go 17 yourself you dumbass idiot.
 

AlCoDog

All-Conference
Feb 27, 2008
5,870
1,435
113
You’re an embarrassment. Why couldn’t you just post this in one of the other 20 threads about the same subject?
 

Dawgology

Redshirt
Sep 15, 2011
828
1
0
is what our football team is at the moment. Act like you’ve been there before. Disagree if you want, but I’m sitting here watching a postgame brawl with ******* Tulsa over and over again on ESPN. With TULSA... not an SEC foe..... ******* Tulsa. It’s almost like beating up a crippled kid. A 3 win team running around before the game with no shirts on talking **** to an AAC school? Do we even know where we are as a program anymore? Is this what Leach is going to allow moving forward? Good programs simply DO NOT allow this type **** to happen.

This is why 3 win garbage teams should never get invited to a bowl game. The game was embarrassing enough, only to be overshadowed by a complete lack of self awareness, and our veteran players are 100% to blame. A fitting way to punctuate a ****** year.

It’s a post game football fight. I’ve seen a hundred of them. No different than any other. Who cares.
 

uptowndawg

All-Conference
Jul 15, 2010
2,243
1,049
113
I wished it hadn’t happened but also not embarrassed by it. Hope it never happens again and hope we get coached to resist the **** talking. That being said, the behavior from Tulsa today and from Kentucky over the last several years is so blatant that there’s no way that these guys are not being coached to provoke this ****. Coaches, more so than players need to be disciplined when this happens regardless of who provoked it. Then maybe it’ll stop being coached.
 

tribaldawg

Sophomore
Sep 1, 2012
502
173
43
People get mad at me on the Ole Miss board because of this, but, if the situation was flipped to Ole Miss exactly, how would you feel? My guess is many of you would feel very differently.

As would I. I’m not trying to take a fake moral high ground. I’m just simply pointing out that the truth is somewhere in the middle, like with most things. It shouldn’t have happened. But it also doesn’t define State’s program in any way.

Any Ole Miss fan with at least two brain cells would be self-aware enough to sit this one out.
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
Don’t start nothing and there won’t be nothing. If The Kang was no longer with us on this Earth then the ghost of Jackie Sherrill would have picked out the Tulsa player with the biggest **** eatingest grin he could find and gone Nolan Ryan v. Robin Ventura
 

goodknight

Sophomore
Jan 27, 2011
820
138
43
The pregame skirmish occurred because Tulsa crossed on to our side of the field and started trash talking so I fail to see that MSU instigated or was at fault for that. Tulsa had several 15 yd penalties and had many more uncalled cheap, dirty or late hits, knees, leg twist and kicks. Brawl after the game occurred on our bench if not mistaken so why in the hell were the Tulsa players there. You can only poke a dog so many times before it bites!
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
17 Tulsa, 17 ESPN, 17 Horka and the Clarion 17ing Ledger, 17 Ole Miss fans, and 17 you limp-dicked wanna-be moralists who can't wait to piss, moan, whine, and ***** about a little harmless after-game theatrics.

It was idiot 18-22 year olds acting like idiot 18-22 year olds. No one got hurt or killed. Go take a Viagra and man the 17 up, Nancy.

I think we may have found a 2nd or 3rd verse for “Hail State.”
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,179
5,721
113
People get mad at me on the Ole Miss board because of this, but, if the situation was flipped to Ole Miss exactly, how would you feel? My guess is many of you would feel very differently.

As would I. I’m not trying to take a fake moral high ground. I’m just simply pointing out that the truth is somewhere in the middle, like with most things. It shouldn’t have happened. But it also doesn’t define State’s program in any way.

We were **** talkers in 2018 under JoMo. I didn’t like it. We didn’t play dirty as far as I know, but I didn’t have any problem recognizing that I would hate them if they weren’t MSU.

We don’t have that issue this year and I have no concern that it’s maroon shades glasses causing me to think it was Tulsa that started everything. Even their own fans acknowledge this has been their MO this year and they don’t like it.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor