AMC's Better Call Saul

nathajw

Heisman
Mar 20, 2007
106,638
15,378
113
I want the minds that decided to make us wait for the premiere to eat the remains of the pie after my Hoboken Squat Cobbler. Choke on that Full Moon Pie, that Boston Cream Splat, Simple Simon the AssMan, the Dutch Apple ***.
 

nathajw

Heisman
Mar 20, 2007
106,638
15,378
113
Any reason for Saul being happy that knowing his triggering of the malpractice fees hike caused him to kill himself? If he was indeed giddy about it, what was with the thousand mile stare and staying up all night in thought? What was he thinking about?
 

Been Jammin

Heisman
Jun 26, 2003
66,595
49,999
113
Any reason for Saul being happy that knowing his triggering of the malpractice fees hike caused him to kill himself? If he was indeed giddy about it, what was with the thousand mile stare and staying up all night in thought? What was he thinking about?

I don't think he was happy about it. I think he shifted into his con-man persona to cover up how he was really feeling. The despondent staring was him trying to figure out what would cause Chuck to kill himself. Once he knew the answer, he had to either let it destroy him or put it out of his mind and move on.

I do think he took some pleasure in letting Howard continue to feel like it was all his fault.
 

BluegrassPoke

Heisman
Dec 10, 2002
44,536
93,086
101
I feel this episode told a story. Not fascinating but intriguing. Breaking Bad always told the story. I am curious to learn more about how the drug trade changes. And yes, his brother committed suicide.
 

FMPoke

Heisman
Jan 12, 2002
65,259
18,032
113
Any reason for Saul being happy that knowing his triggering of the malpractice fees hike caused him to kill himself? If he was indeed giddy about it, what was with the thousand mile stare and staying up all night in thought? What was he thinking about?

I don't think he was necessarily happy about it but I thought it was a big moment toward him becoming Saul. Jimmy cared about Chuck, Kim and Howard and felt guilt. Saul is much more bottom line willing to do what it takes and accept the consequences. This season is all about Jimmy becoming Saul and I think Monday was mostly about the realities that set all that up. He's broke, jobless and now without family. My guess is he loses Kim at some point this season and that's a major turning point.
 

SUPERPOKES

Heisman
May 29, 2001
53,570
17,084
108
I’ve been binge watching from the beginning to end my summer. Three episodes in season three left.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  3. 03 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers