Altered Carbon - Netflix

Cowpoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
89,146
10,522
113
Anyone watching this series? Action series set in the future where your conscious is stored in a chip that can be removed from your body and put in another, bringing about immortality (until the chip gets destroyed. Badass from the past is woken up to solve a crime...yadda yadda (grittier, more violent, very R rated Demolition Man). Joel Kinnaman is the star (the military guy who lead the team in suicide squad). Pretty fun, lots of action, high production values. Has its lame moments, but I'm 5 episodes in and enjoying it.
 

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,452
41,155
113
Season 1 was much better than season 2 IMO. However, the books are even better.

That being said, season 1 was some of the best TV I've ever seen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cowpoke

Cowpoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
89,146
10,522
113
Season 1 was much better than season 2 IMO. However, the books are even better.

That being said, season 1 was some of the best TV I've ever seen.

How close is the show to the books? Enough differences that the books are still fully enjoyable if I see the show first?
 

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,452
41,155
113
How close is the show to the books? Enough differences that the books are still fully enjoyable if I see the show first?
Yes you'd still enjoy the book 1 after watching season 1.
Season 2 was a mish-mash of books 2 and 3. Reading those will actually make watching season 2 better.
 

Cowpoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
89,146
10,522
113
Yes you'd still enjoy the book 1 after watching season 1.
Season 2 was a mish-mash of books 2 and 3. Reading those will actually make watching season 2 better.

Cool, think I'll get me some reading material then.
 

CBradSmith

Heisman
Sep 21, 2005
62,119
64,513
113
Season 1 was much better than season 2 IMO. However, the books are even better.

That being said, season 1 was some of the best TV I've ever seen.
I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 but haven't started season 2. Skip or watch?
 

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,452
41,155
113
I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 but haven't started season 2. Skip or watch?
I'd watch it for sure. But I found it a bit choppy because they tried to tie in some aspects of book 2 and book 3. It watches much easier after reading 2 and 3. But for sure it is worth the time investment to just watch.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CBradSmith

Colorado_Poke

All-American
Jul 29, 2006
6,876
8,997
0
Season 1 was phenomenal. Saw some negative reviews of Season 2, so I haven't been inclined to start it yet.
 

Cowpoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
89,146
10,522
113
Season 1 was phenomenal. Saw some negative reviews of Season 2, so I haven't been inclined to start it yet.

Its worthwhile, I agree with those saying season 1 is better. I'd say season 1 was more cerebral, deeper, and with better core actors. Season 2 is a fun watch though, I blasted through it in 3 nights, its only 8 episodes.
 

Pokeabear

All-Conference
Feb 6, 2007
9,463
2,768
0
Season 1 is fantastic, I fell asleep multiple times during season 2. Visually though it’s stunning. 4K Dolby vision and atmos makes it worth the time.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  4. 04 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight