Aaron Fitt on MSU...

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,686
24,540
113
[TWEET]1385048741930020865[/TWEET]

 

dickiedawg

All-Conference
Feb 22, 2008
4,573
1,512
113
I wonder if “most well-rounded” would have been a better descriptor than “most complete”? At first he said most balanced, which I think may be accurate, but then he said more complete than vandy and Arkansas.
 
Sep 9, 2012
2,803
0
0
The middle-to-bottom half of the order is going to determine how this season goes. Specifically Hancock, Logan Tanner, Hatcher, Debrule, and Skinner (or whoever is playing LF that day).

If we can get production from that group, watch out. I think Hancock, Tanner, and Skinner are going to keep getting better. Hatcher has shown he can do it in the past. Debrule is coming on now.
 

G-Dawg

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2012
1,188
102
63
And the continued development of Eric Cerantola. Man, if we could use Landon Sims to close out the first close game of the weekend and then Cerantola to close out the next???? Wow. And if the Sunday games are close and we need a closer, Sims could possibly come back again like he did against Ole Miss.

Our bullpen looks very similar to what we had back when Cohen would only let his starters go one time through the lineup and then start using the pen. Not sure what year that was but we had Holder and it was the year we went to Virginia and won a Super.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
Arkansas fans are so salty in the replies.

What an insecure fanbase.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,406
308
83
Arkansas fans are so salty in the replies.

What an insecure fanbase.

I’m not a huge “argue on Twitter with a national writer” guy.... but Arkansas beat us in every facet of the game for 3 straight days less than a month ago. I can totally Understand why they think Fitts take is laughable. Hell, I kind of agree with them. Our offense has a few really big holes and our bullpen is not nearly as good as we think it is. Sims is the best reliever in the country. Smith, Stinnett, and Johnson are all pretty good. And that’s about it. For the record, I don’t view Harding as a reliever. He’s our fourth starter who throws the second shift on Sundays. If you count him as a reliever he’s certainly in the “very solid” group.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,462
27,304
113
I’m not a huge “argue on Twitter with a national writer” guy.... but Arkansas beat us in every facet of the game for 3 straight days less than a month ago. I can totally Understand why they think Fitts take is laughable. Hell, I kind of agree with them. Our offense has a few really big holes and our bullpen is not nearly as good as we think it is. Sims is the best reliever in the country. Smith, Stinnett, and Johnson are all pretty good. And that’s about it. For the record, I don’t view Harding as a reliever. He’s our fourth starter who throws the second shift on Sundays. If you count him as a reliever he’s certainly in the “very solid” group.

A couple of those games were tight and if Rowdey/Allen/James were going then how they're going now, there would have been some different outcomes for sure.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,160
5,711
113
I’m not a huge “argue on Twitter with a national writer” guy.... but Arkansas beat us in every facet of the game for 3 straight days less than a month ago. I can totally Understand why they think Fitts take is laughable. Hell, I kind of agree with them. Our offense has a few really big holes and our bullpen is not nearly as good as we think it is. Sims is the best reliever in the country. Smith, Stinnett, and Johnson are all pretty good. And that’s about it. For the record, I don’t view Harding as a reliever. He’s our fourth starter who throws the second shift on Sundays. If you count him as a reliever he’s certainly in the “very solid” group.

If you think that Hatcher and Dubrule are .300 hitters (which was a pretty reasonable proposition at the beginning of the year and hopefully Dubrule is showing signs that it's correct for him), we are a very different team than we were against Arkansas, and we are extremely balanced if maybe not elite. Not the best starting pitchers or bullpen or offense, but really good starting pitchers and bull pen and pretty good offense. I'm not sure how you'd rate our fielding. Does it qualify as pretty good?
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,462
27,304
113
If you think that Hatcher and Dubrule are .300 hitters (which was a pretty reasonable proposition at the beginning of the year and hopefully Dubrule is showing signs that it's correct for him), we are a very different team than we were against Arkansas, and we are extremely balanced if maybe not elite. Not the best starting pitchers or bullpen or offense, but really good starting pitchers and bull pen and pretty good offense. I'm not sure how you'd rate our fielding. Does it qualify as pretty good?

We're pretty solid defensively for the most part. I'd put Skinner in CF because he's better defensively and has more range than Rowdey. With Skinner in CF, you're looking at a defense up the middle of Tanner at C, Forsythe and Dubrule, and Skinner in center. That's pretty stout.

James has done fine since moving to third. Hatcher is about average at first.
 

WutheringDawg

All-Conference
Dec 4, 2010
2,198
1,154
113
If we were ranked higher, swept in Fayetteville and Fitts put out a sound bit saying Arkansas was the most complete team you would see state fans lose their **** just as hard in the comments.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,494
22,139
113
But, Missippi??


They were inspired by the back of our scoreboard.

Which brings me to one of my favorite Sixpackspeak stories. So we misspelled Mississippi on the back of the baseball scoreboard. Twitter and this message board was having a field day with it. I get a call from a 662-325 number around 10 AM the next morning and I let it go to voice mail. Voicemail is left and I hear "Stephen - This is Greg Byrne. Could you give me a call back at .....". Byrne was AD at the time. I thought to myself "well ****....what did we do?"

He said I want to put out an official response. I questioned him with "Through sixpack?". So I typed up an official message from Greg Byrne to be posted on sixpack and twitter about the misspelling of Mississippi on the back of the baseball scoreboard. Never thought in a million years the athletic department at MSU would use SixPackSpeak as a medium to put out an official message.

View attachment 20080
 
Last edited:

Junction John

Redshirt
Oct 22, 2014
3,249
0
0
God, please let us win a baseball NC before them. The world can't handle that much more insufferableness. Amen.
 

msstatelp1

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2012
2,098
1,283
113
Hope their team gets to feeling that way so they're overconfident when we play them again.
 

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,352
1,142
113
The middle-to-bottom half of the order is going to determine how this season goes. Specifically Hancock, Logan Tanner, Hatcher, Debrule, and Skinner (or whoever is playing LF that day).

If we can get production from that group, watch out. I think Hancock, Tanner, and Skinner are going to keep getting better. Hatcher has shown he can do it in the past. Debrule is coming on now.

Dubrule is a good hitter. You don't have the stats he had at Jacksonville without that being the case but he is seeing better pitching now that he probably saw there on a regular basis. I think its just taken a while for him to adjust.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,462
27,304
113
God, please let us win a baseball NC before them. The world can't handle that much more insufferableness. Amen.

The melt would be spectacular - not just from Arkansas fans, but Ole Miss fans, too. It would be the greatest thing ever.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,932
2,323
113
God, please let us win a baseball NC before them. The world can't handle that much more insufferableness. Amen.

You have to believe if God actually gave a **** about sports, He'd do right by the Bulldogs.

Too bad He doesn't. Nevertheless, He probably appreciates the prayers.
 

FQDawg

Senior
May 1, 2006
3,076
618
113
You have to believe if God actually gave a **** about sports, He'd do right by the Bulldogs.

Too bad He doesn't. Nevertheless, He probably appreciates the prayers.

The fact that Baylor just won a national championship in men's basketball after all the bs that university has pulled over the years is proof, to me, that God does not give a **** about sports.
 

Shadow34

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
404
0
0
Totally agree. And they are obsessed with coming to the rescue of any positive pub for State and Ole miss. They literally cant stand it. What is with the obsession of Mississippi? Did it start when Houston Nutt came to ole miss and they got their panties in a wad? And we just got lumped in there I guess? But every time I see a tweet like this here come the hogs. The back woods gap toothed hogs.
 

ScoobaDawg

Redshirt
Jun 4, 2007
3,061
11
38
They were inspired by the back of our scoreboard.

Which brings me to one of my favorite Sixpackspeak stories. So we misspelled Mississippi on the back of the baseball scoreboard. Twitter and this message board was having a field day with it. I get a call from a 662-325 number around 10 AM the next morning and I let it go to voice mail. Voicemail is left and I hear "Stephen - This is Greg Byrne. Could you give me a call back at .....". Byrne was AD at the time. I thought to myself "well ****....what did we do?"

He said I want to put out an official response. I questioned him with "Through sixpack?". So I typed up an official message from Greg Byrne to be posted on sixpack and twitter about the misspelling of Mississippi on the back of the baseball scoreboard. Never thought in a million years the athletic department at MSU would use SixPackSpeak as a medium to put out an official message.

View attachment 20080


If I had a $ for every time my picture was posted... I had forgotten about that till now. Oh goodness. I posted it..and didn't even notice it..

By the next morning, it had blown up across the web..and I felt horrible i didn't even notice it.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/six...-on-the-back-of-the-baseball--t20402-s10.html
 
Last edited:

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,352
1,142
113
The melt would be spectacular - not just from Arkansas fans, but Ole Miss fans, too. It would be the greatest thing ever.

There would be no justice in OM winning a NC in baseball before MSU or ARK. ARK has at least had a top notch baseball program for a long, long time like we have. OM fans only found out they had a baseball program about 20 years ago.
 

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,352
1,142
113
The fact that Baylor just won a national championship in men's basketball after all the bs that university has pulled over the years is proof, to me, that God does not give a **** about sports.

Yep, and LSU winning one in football in 2019 after all the crap that has transpired down there.
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,827
2,956
113
God, please let us win a baseball NC before them. The world can't handle that much more insufferableness. Amen.

They had their shot. All they had to do was catch a routine pop foul and they were national champions but they blew it. No sympathy.
 

hogfan14

Freshman
Mar 28, 2013
376
87
16
Totally agree. And they are obsessed with coming to the rescue of any positive pub for State and Ole miss. They literally cant stand it. What is with the obsession of Mississippi? Did it start when Houston Nutt came to ole miss and they got their panties in a wad? And we just got lumped in there I guess? But every time I see a tweet like this here come the hogs. The back woods gap toothed hogs.

I don't really think it's specific to Mississippi. Arkansas fans still tweet at Dick Vitale for a backhanded comment he made in like 2015. I think for the older fans it goes back to the SWC days when the Hogs were the only team in the conference not from Texas and were looked at basically as the red headed stepchild. Some fans still tweet at the SEC account and Greg Sankey for the Auburn football screwjob last season and for the Florida football game in 2009 that officials got suspended over. Being the only major team in the state leads to a lot of crazy/passionate fans. They did FOIA Houston Nutt's cell phone records after all lol.

For as small as the state is, the Arkansas twitter fanbase punches far above its weight but a lot of them love to troll.


 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,827
2,956
113
Arkansas fans are so salty in the replies.

What an insecure fanbase.

I hear you but I honestly think I might be pretty salty too if my team had swept the team they are talking about at their place.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,160
5,711
113
They were inspired by the back of our scoreboard.

Which brings me to one of my favorite Sixpackspeak stories. So we misspelled Mississippi on the back of the baseball scoreboard. Twitter and this message board was having a field day with it. I get a call from a 662-325 number around 10 AM the next morning and I let it go to voice mail. Voicemail is left and I hear "Stephen - This is Greg Byrne. Could you give me a call back at .....". Byrne was AD at the time. I thought to myself "well ****....what did we do?"

He said I want to put out an official response. I questioned him with "Through sixpack?". So I typed up an official message from Greg Byrne to be posted on sixpack and twitter about the misspelling of Mississippi on the back of the baseball scoreboard. Never thought in a million years the athletic department at MSU would use SixPackSpeak as a medium to put out an official message.

View attachment 20080

You messed up and told us your first name. Now people are going to be able to figure out who you are.**
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,462
27,304
113
Yep.

One of the yearbooks at Meridian High School when I was there misspelled "Meridian" on the cover. I believe it was "Meridan".

A cousin of mine used to wear a tee shirt all the time that said "Flordia Gators". I wish I had a picture of it.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
The melt would be spectacular - not just from Arkansas fans, but Ole Miss fans, too. It would be the greatest thing ever.

You’re not wrong, let me be clear. Ole Miss fans would clearly hate it, self included. But.. I think most reasonable Ole Miss fans would expect MSU to win a baseball national championship ahead of them. You’ve certainly cared longer, invested more, had more opportunities, etc. The meltdown from Ole Miss fans would be drastic, but I don’t think it would even touch the meltdown from MSU fans if somehow Ole Miss **** into a swinging bucket and won one first. (And yes I do realize getting to Omaha is a prerequisite, haha)
 

dawgoneyall

Junior
Nov 11, 2007
3,431
210
63
Totally agree. And they are obsessed with coming to the rescue of any positive pub for State and Ole miss. They literally cant stand it. What is with the obsession of Mississippi? Did it start when Houston Nutt came to ole miss and they got their panties in a wad? And we just got lumped in there I guess? But every time I see a tweet like this here come the hogs. The back woods gap toothed hogs.

Started in 1998....football.
 

Junction John

Redshirt
Oct 22, 2014
3,249
0
0
Looks like you get credit for first noticing the misspelling. Nice.

It was fun to see some of the former daily posters who we don't hear from much anymore - Azurri, Extreme, KurtRambis4, etc.
 

maroonmadman

Senior
Nov 7, 2010
2,530
853
113
I wonder if “most well-rounded” would have been a better descriptor than “most complete”? At first he said most balanced, which I think may be accurate, but then he said more complete than vandy and Arkansas.

"Well rounded" is the proper description for an IMPP pictorial.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense