A little birdie told me....

Rupp'sRunt

Heisman
Apr 19, 2008
14,675
20,094
0
It was on KSR this morning...you have zero sources but nice try.
As stated before I don't listen to KSR. I just asked one of my friends who's more in the know what he knew about Cam Fletcher and he told me about it and some hearsay quotes. Also lets just say the story being so well known is probably why Cal took to social media before it got out nationally as a damage control. But good try. You think I try to pass off stuff on a KSR podcast as my own and think I wouldn't be called out? Just passing on what I heard.
 

catsfanbgky

All-American
Oct 18, 2006
18,901
7,622
0
Runt did you miss my post ? Curious if it is the same quote i posted at the bottom of page 3.
 

Rupp'sRunt

Heisman
Apr 19, 2008
14,675
20,094
0
This will probably get deleted, but are you talking about the "That is why your ***** *** is headed to your second NIT in 11 years" or something along those lines ?
Didn't see your post. I can say you're on color, but I never heard any NIT. There was mention of "not winning ****"
 

deep3

All-Conference
May 15, 2002
1,640
2,301
0
I think Izzo wanted him badly. He’s exactly the kind of player Izzo has success with.
Correct and he would have much more success there being a guy that does dirty work. We need guys like that but they never stick. He reminds a bit of Charles Mathews but not nearly the same stroke
 
  • Like
Reactions: yoshukai

deep3

All-Conference
May 15, 2002
1,640
2,301
0
As stated before I don't listen to KSR. I just asked one of my friends who's more in the know what he knew about Cam Fletcher and he told me about it and some hearsay quotes. Also lets just say the story being so well known is probably why Cal took to social media before it got out nationally as a damage control. But good try. You think I try to pass off stuff on a KSR podcast as my own and think I wouldn't be called out? Just passing on what I heard.
Thank you for the info many of us appreciate it
 

sk73

All-Conference
Feb 16, 2013
3,238
3,314
113
I'm still wondering why Calipari even recruited Fletcher. The UK insiders were saying they were surprised Cal offered him because of all the red flags.
I cant recall a post from you or anyone talking about red flags with Fletcher. Can you fill us or me in, I am just curious and I do not know insiders like you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: awf and TODASAURUS
A

anon_013cn8yrfncx2

Guest
Maybe all of you are exceptions but for me personally, after pretty much being isolated from what was normal life for 8 months, I notice I have a much shorter fuse than I ever had.

Not excusing anything, but I can understand people “losing it” these days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RunninRichie

Rupp'sRunt

Heisman
Apr 19, 2008
14,675
20,094
0
Maybe all of you are exceptions but for me personally, after pretty much being isolated from what was normal life for 8 months, I notice I have a much shorter fuse than I ever had.

Not excusing anything, but I can understand people “losing it” these days.
1-5 is a bad look any year. After a goodish vet team last year and no tourney to this slop and a 1-5 start.... its tension under a vacuum seal.
 

ArtLaibsGhost_rivals

All-American
Dec 6, 2020
4,710
8,736
0
The truth here folks is NOBODY outside the program have a clue what this kid did to warrant this “suspension” nor should we. I am angry about the OD culture here and the many transfers, but it seems to me people are allowing that fact to cloud thier judgement a bit in this case. This kid obviously has an attitude problem, and he didn’t play very well inhis last 2 outings. Anyone who has ever played basketball on a bad team KNOWS that a bad attitude by one player can cause the team problems, negativity is contagious, unlike football where there are 70 or 80 guys , BB has only 11 or 12. We have been screaming at Cal to FIX the season, well maybe THIS is a start. What I do know is that when a coach attempts to discipline players who are showing their backsides, we as fans need to shut up and let the man coach his team.
 

Woodrow24

Heisman
Dec 21, 2015
6,536
15,792
78
I think it would’ve been obvious when fletcher wasn’t only the bench for Saturday
I know that but it’s not like It couldn’t have been handled differently. I believe in keeping things in house but I know it’s not easy when a player cries on National television. It’s all a bad ordeal and I hope it works out for the best. Cam made a mistake and I hope he learns from it.
 

BourbonBalz

All-American
Mar 5, 2005
11,430
9,235
0
If it was after the game it was CLEV, not INDY that we played UNC at. Cal already had screwed up and took a bus to the GA Tech game because he thought it was 4 hrs and then found out it was 6 hrs and said he would never do that again.
Yeah, I got it mixed up with the Champions Classic and the Kansas game.
 

Cawood86_rivals

Heisman
Feb 20, 2005
36,711
64,715
0
I have no idea what happened. There have been folks on here in the past who have made posts about having info and knowing some inside stuff before. They say them strongly and matter of factly.
I don't remember one that turned out be true. It is weird that Cal went public about Fletcher. Very weird.
Doesn't really matter what all hapenned. There are lines you don't cross no matter what. Whether it be words or actions.
If Fletcher crossed any of those lines, Cal made the right move.
It may have been worse or less than what some have said or posted. As I said, I have no idea. Not sure it matters or needs to be known.
 

RunninRichie

Heisman
Sep 5, 2019
29,375
70,880
113
I have no idea what happened. There have been folks on here in the past who have made posts about having info and knowing some inside stuff before. They say them strongly and matter of factly.
I don't remember one that turned out be true. It is weird that Cal went public about Fletcher. Very weird.
Doesn't really matter what all hapenned. There are lines you don't cross no matter what. Whether it be words or actions.
If Fletcher crossed any of those lines, Cal made the right move.
It may have been worse or less than what some have said or posted. As I said, I have no idea. Not sure it matters or needs to be known.
He did trust me.
 

RocknRollCats

All-Conference
Jan 30, 2011
3,749
4,292
111
I'd imagine the circles of Sarr can't be very happy about the lack of touches he got in the UNC game. I also expect Askew to transfer at season's end and he mighty already be hearing that he should go back to California right now.
I think most Kentucky fans would like to see Sarr get more touches, but, for that to happen, he has to be on the court which means he has to stop committing so many dumb fouls.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Shane Beamer Pleads with South Carolina Fans Ahead of Kentucky Game
  2. 02 KSR KSR Today: One step closer to a Sandstorm
  3. 03 KSR Football Will Stein and Shane Beamer's Relationship Comes Full Circle on Saturday
  4. 04 KSR Football Will Stein Downplays Kentucky's AP Top 25 Ranking, Dylan Stewart's Absence
  5. 05 KSR Basketball Recruiting 5-star PG Reese Alston completes official visit to Kentucky