Football 2A RPI Thread

TheJims

Junior
Aug 27, 2025
252
297
63
NR always looks good off the bus. They have all kinds of speed and size but find a way to lose in the middle rounds. Amazing they do not win state titles with all that skill and size. In the past Discipline had been an issue for them in the playoffs. I would like to see them win a title at some point.

They play in a terrible conference and barely beat Union Academy tonight. They won't be in the conversation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tarboroviking18
Aug 21, 2022
532
783
93
I've been on these boards since the mid 2000's and with all due respect, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here... I'm guessing you're just trolling, but still. Lol 😂

What does that make everyone else then lol?
You think you can just say anything about us, and we are just supposed to take it... We got heart over here...
 
Jul 20, 2026
58
65
18
You think you can just say anything about us, and we are just supposed to take it... We got heart over here...
Well, unfortunately heart doesn't put points on the scoreboard. But, kudos for having some school pride. It's admirable, I guess...

Side comment... These Tarboro posters are beyond humble on here. They could easily pound their chest, yell it from the rooftops, be cocky, talk **** 24/7, and rub it in just about everyone's faces and I've never ever seen it yet. Definition of first class.
 

TheJims

Junior
Aug 27, 2025
252
297
63
Well, unfortunately heart doesn't put points on the scoreboard. But, kudos for having some school pride. It's admirable, I guess...

Side comment... These Tarboro posters are beyond humble on here. They could easily pound their chest, yell it from the rooftops, be cocky, talk **** 24/7, and rub it in just about everyone's faces and I've never ever seen it yet. Definition of first class.

Tarboro posters are some if not the best on the board. Solid folks all around.
 

TarVikes1

Senior
Nov 23, 2017
626
895
93
Tune in to NFHS at 6:30 to watch the #1 seed in the east North Duplin rebels take on Lakewood.
 

HowerinJr

All-Conference
Jan 9, 2010
1,703
1,299
52
Well, unfortunately heart doesn't put points on the scoreboard. But, kudos for having some school pride. It's admirable, I guess...

Side comment... These Tarboro posters are beyond humble on here. They could easily pound their chest, yell it from the rooftops, be cocky, talk **** 24/7, and rub it in just about everyone's faces and I've never ever seen it yet. Definition of first class.
I think the Tarboro fanbase is very much a reflection of the coaching staff and leadership at Tarboro. The humility starts with Craddock. He's on the record as saying his first couple of years were not good. As a coach, he tried to shape the team into his image and it just wasn't working. He put his ego aside, took input from some of his older assistant coaches and put his fate in their hands. The result has been nearly 2 decades of football excellence. The moral of the story is you are always an ego away from screwing up a good thing. The Viking's success has never been about the individual, but rather the effort of everyone working together to make the team greater than the sum of its parts.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RudeBoyyyz

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,452
1,994
113
That offense is not easy to prep for in three days of practice. To simulate it and the speed is a task most teams cannot do in practice. Spread is so vanilla now as almost everyone runs it.
It's definitely not easy to prepare for. On paper tarboro's offense looks easy to stop. But it's far from it. The only team I've ever seen completely stop it was MA in 23. And I've seen a lot of teams since then try to replicate what they did and they haven't came close.
 

TarVikes1

Senior
Nov 23, 2017
626
895
93
Warren County takes over the 1 spot in 2A East after week 6.

Tarboro, Manteo, Holmes and Southside round out the top 5.
 

OtisDriftwood

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2001
7,082
2,002
113
This has got to be a joke…..

Murphy just beat Cherokee like they stole something (and could have named their score) and they are STILL ranked below them??? Make it make sense.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Black knight 87

80prepster

Freshman
Sep 26, 2025
114
97
28
Well check out Murphy’s opponent average. Playing East Surry is not helping this year, the Cardinals are 1-4. And playing upcoming Robbinsville on the schedule which is 2-4 will make the average dip even more.
 

Deana_King

All-Conference
Staff member
Mar 4, 2019
1,203
1,680
113
Last year, East Wilkes beat Alleghany in regular season and the Trojans still were seeded higher than the Cardinals.
 

SCHSalum

Redshirt
Aug 6, 2026
10
13
3
Cherokee is getting a major bump from Tuscola and Enka. That's not a bump you expect to get from Enka in most years. Additionally, North Buncombe is sitting at 4-1 against not good competition, but that record is evening out.

RPI is not a perfect system and I think head-to-head and conference finish should come into play...but not in the way that all conference champs were seeded first like a few years ago.

Simmons Ratings and rankings I think are much closer to true, especially when you take those with the weekly predictions. I don't know what the computer system is behind it, but it's pretty close.

At the end of the day, you have to show up and play in the playoffs, we saw that some last year.
 

WCEagle

Redshirt
Aug 30, 2026
7
3
3
Manteo is a bit of a head scratcher to me
Manteo is higher than they should be. To me there appear to be three teams capable of winning the East. Tarboro, Warren County, and Edenton. They should be the top three seeds if RPI actually works. As a WC fan Im hoping to get the 1 seed and let Tarboro and Edenton battle it out instead of having to play both. Assuming we get that far. Dont want to get too cocky.
 

vikandpirate4christ

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2011
2,891
4,706
78
Manteo is higher than they should be. To me there appear to be three teams capable of winning the East. Tarboro, Warren County, and Edenton. They should be the top three seeds if RPI actually works. As a WC fan Im hoping to get the 1 seed and let Tarboro and Edenton battle it out instead of having to play both. Assuming we get that far. Dont want to get too cocky.
When it's all said and done, I believe Edenton, Warren, and Tarboro will be the top 3. Not sure of the order, but obviously I know all three are hoping they end up as the 1.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WCEagle

TarVikes1

Senior
Nov 23, 2017
626
895
93
I want Tarboro to get the one seed but if they have to end up going on the road - that would be fun too. The Tarboro fan base as a whole has been kinda mellowed because of all the winning. That might wake some of them back up.
 

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,452
1,994
113
When it's all said and done, I believe Edenton, Warren, and Tarboro will be the top 3. Not sure of the order, but obviously I know all three are hoping they end up as the 1.
I'd definitely say these three have pulled away from the rest of the east. Fully expect all three in the 4th round
 

OtisDriftwood

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2001
7,082
2,002
113
Cherokee is getting a major bump from Tuscola and Enka. That's not a bump you expect to get from Enka in most years. Additionally, North Buncombe is sitting at 4-1 against not good competition, but that record is evening out.

RPI is not a perfect system and I think head-to-head and conference finish should come into play...but not in the way that all conference champs were seeded first like a few years ago.

Simmons Ratings and rankings I think are much closer to true, especially when you take those with the weekly predictions. I don't know what the computer system is behind it, but it's pretty close.

At the end of the day, you have to show up and play in the playoffs, we saw that some last year.
I agree that not every conference champion should be seeded first, but no conference champion should be seeded lower than any team in it’s own conference either. I know there’s a lot of ball left to play and all this discussion will likely end up being a moot point, but the way it looks right now, if Murphy and Cherokee were to both win out (big IF), Cherokee could be seeded ahead of Murphy even though Murphy won the head to head AND the conference championship. That’s not right in any system.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SCHSalum
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5