I've been told the quarterfinals and semis in 2A are held at UVA - Wise this year.
1/4 finals and semis should be in a more centralized location. I went out to Wise 2 years ago and I didn't like it. I doubt I go back out there. We have a bunch of geniuses running the VHSL. I think it's ridiculous having a team cross an entire state to play a game and even more asinine to have a team do it twice in less than a week!!!!
Yes, it was the ride that I didn't care much for. The gym was beautiful. I had no problem with the facilities.
Ant, I made that drive for 8 years going to baseball games at the college. Really not a bad drive once you get used to it. Ah, Tacoma Mt Road, used it many times. Sometimes used to get off in Coeburn and go up Coeburn Mt Road when I had time, another fun trip. Wise has beautiful facilities and Will be a good host.
High School Football
High School Football: The St. James Academy upsets No. 3 St. Frances Academy
Rivals Football Recruiting
Touted linebacker RJ Hudson backs off Clemson commitment -- and a new team is trending
VirginiaPreps
Private School Predictions Week 7
VirginiaPreps
VHSL Football Top Tens - Entering 10-8-26 Games
VirginiaPreps
2026 VHSL Football Team-by-Team Schedules with Results