No need to add any conspiracy theories.Dice,
I trust Cael's plan and more. But my contention is with the spoiled fanbase in thinking Penn State is too good for this top recruit or that top recruit because of the certain things they don't like. No, I am not talking about troubled kids like the Farari kids. That was the whole point of discussion last year. You don't think Bo saw some of the those negative messages from this site? I betcha he did. But like Iowa and Oklahoma State, Penn State will not sit on top of the hill forever. I still can't believe we didn't get any of the McCort's 3 top recruits who are in our backyard. I wonder if that was a coincident. Hmmm.
Bo had multiple chances to commit to PSU. The "negative messages" on these boards had absolutely NOTHING to do with him not committing.
Hell, Papa Bassett went off on the entire state of Iowa after some fans on facebook said his son was just old and that's why he won. Literally said his son would NEVER wrestle for Iowa. And yet, he committed there.
Spoiled, stupid fans are everywhere. Athletes don't worry about that as much you'd think. Especially if the staff is doing a good job of recruiting.
And not sure which McCort kids you're talking about - but Jax was ALWAYS a heavy okiest lean and Blaze committing to PSU was pretty much the nail in the coffin in terms of him committing to PSU. (not that Cael stopped recruiting him)