2027 Recruiting Thread

royboy

Junior
Nov 9, 2001
184
321
63
This guy as well.

His younger brother Colton is a big-time hoops prospect in the Class of 2028

Haven't seen information about whether they want to go to the same school.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LB99

Connorpozlee

All-American
Aug 29, 2013
3,462
6,852
113
on3 guys all flipped their RPMs for Spell to PSU as well.

The meeting with Campbell must've went REALLY well. Maybe news to come out of the weekend?
I was never confident in keeping him since he committed. Pretty surprising to see him close being back in the fold. Good sign for the new staff.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Itraindogs

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
I was never confident in keeping him since he committed. Pretty surprising to see him close being back in the fold. Good sign for the new staff.
I wasn’t either, but he kept popping up at PSU long after the rumors that he wasn’t fully onboard. I saw him walking through tailgates last fall. The fact that he is open to the new staff tells me he has genuine interest in PSU otherwise that ship would have completely sailed. I will say this though. This type of recruit expects to play right away, so the rumor of him reclassing to this years recruiting class doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me since the RB room seems pretty well stocked right now.
 

Connorpozlee

All-American
Aug 29, 2013
3,462
6,852
113
I wasn’t either, but he kept popping up at PSU long after the rumors that he wasn’t fully onboard. I saw him walking through tailgates last fall. The fact that he is open to the new staff tells me he has genuine interest in PSU otherwise that ship would have completely sailed. I will say this though. This type of recruit expects to play right away, so the rumor of him reclassing to this years recruiting class doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me since the RB room seems pretty well stocked right now.
Whether he plays a lot or not, it does start his NFL clock a year earlier, so it would make sense from that angle.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Itraindogs

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
Whether he plays a lot or not, it does start his NFL clock a year earlier, so it would make sense from that angle.
If he (or anyone as highly ranked as him) come in early and don’t play, you can bet they hit the portal, in this environment, after their freshman season
 

Nits1989

All-Conference
Oct 29, 2021
1,464
2,108
113
If he (or anyone as highly ranked as him) come in early and don’t play, you can bet they hit the portal, in this environment, after their freshman season
He’ll play right away, and if he’s as good as it looks, he’ll win a starting role. Teams use multiple running backs a game. He’ll be one of them. It’ll be someone else who transfers.
 

Connorpozlee

All-American
Aug 29, 2013
3,462
6,852
113
If he (or anyone as highly ranked as him) come in early and don’t play, you can bet they hit the portal, in this environment, after their freshman season
If he commits and re-classifies to play next year, I’ll be shocked if he’s not playing.
 

Thorndike2021

All-Conference
Mar 1, 2012
891
1,995
93
After watching his tape I think the coaches will work him in over time. I never saw him have to pick up a blitz. He will need to learn some patience behind a zone blocking OL. He'll be tough to stop once he finds a hole though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Itraindogs

Itraindogs

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2024
1,820
3,854
113
I was never confident in keeping him since he committed. Pretty surprising to see him close being back in the fold. Good sign for the new staff.
I, too, thought this ship had sailed. If they manage to sign him it will be one hell of a coup. There has been some chatter that he is trying to reclassify for next year, and this may be part of the equation, but I have no way to confirm this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Connorpozlee

Itraindogs

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2024
1,820
3,854
113
I wasn’t either, but he kept popping up at PSU long after the rumors that he wasn’t fully onboard. I saw him walking through tailgates last fall. The fact that he is open to the new staff tells me he has genuine interest in PSU otherwise that ship would have completely sailed. I will say this though. This type of recruit expects to play right away, so the rumor of him reclassing to this years recruiting class doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me since the RB room seems pretty well stocked right now.
Yeah, Stocked or not, everyone else will sit behind him, get their checks and sub in when needed and leave next year. He is not sitting on any bench.
 

LMTLION

All-Conference
Mar 20, 2008
2,066
4,152
112
I, too, thought this ship had sailed. If they manage to sign him it will be one hell of a coup. There has been some chatter that he is trying to reclassify for next year, and this may be part of the equation, but I have no way to confirm this.
That is the word on the street. We shall see how this unfolds.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Itraindogs
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football How to watch, stream, Penn State-USC and the White Out during Week 6
  2. 02 BWI Football Who is on the first Penn State-USC availability reports of game week? Here is where each team stands on Wednesday
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting By The Numbers: How Penn State's 2026 White Out recruiting list stacks up to previous years
  4. 04 BWI Football Cooper, Penn State defense strive to bounce back from "embarassing" showing
  5. 05 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State has failed to play ‘in rhythm’ for six quarters