2027 Expected Points - and other stuff

Wrestleknownothing

All-American
Oct 30, 2021
2,306
6,182
113
The new expected points model is here. I know. You could not be more excited.

Here is a taste.



And for the full experience you can read all about it here.

 

Wrestleknownothing

All-American
Oct 30, 2021
2,306
6,182
113
Stats conference in Florida?
Funny you should say that. I find myself unintentionally going on what could be the nerdiest vacation ever.

My alma mater hosts travel on a regular basis. My wife and I did one of these trips a few years ago to Italy. It was awesome. They send a professor along. This one was an art history expert. It made going through a museum fast and easy. He pointed out what mattered and why, and what we could ignore. But most of the time was spent in vineyards and small towns and gaining access to things we otherwise would not have.

This year we are going to central Europe (Warsaw, Krakow, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, etc.) also with a professor in tow. We get a package a few days ago with the usual swag......and a 1,000 page book on Austrian history? Written by the professor. And he has assigned about 600 pages of reading. And he plans on giving three lectures. On my vacation. WTH.

Needless to say the wife has no plans to read the book. I warned her she was going to flunk vacation. She said "fine, then I have to repeat it".
 

AndreTheHawk

All-Conference
Jul 2, 2025
1,149
2,379
113
Funny you should say that. I find myself unintentionally going on what could be the nerdiest vacation ever.

My alma mater hosts travel on a regular basis. My wife and I did one of these trips a few years ago to Italy. It was awesome. They send a professor along. This one was an art history expert. It made going through a museum fast and easy. He pointed out what mattered and why, and what we could ignore. But most of the time was spent in vineyards and small towns and gaining access to things we otherwise would not have.

This year we are going to central Europe (Warsaw, Krakow, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, etc.) also with a professor in tow. We get a package a few days ago with the usual swag......and a 1,000 page book on Austrian history? Written by the professor. And he has assigned about 600 pages of reading. And he plans on giving three lectures. On my vacation. WTH.

Needless to say the wife has no plans to read the book. I warned her she was going to flunk vacation. She said "fine, then I have to repeat it".
That sounds.................awful. With that said, I hope you have a good trip and wish you safe travels. 🙂
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Hank Brown listed as questionable for Iowa vs. Washington on Tuesday availability report
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Kirk Ferentz updates injuries, talks Washington
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Hank Brown updates health heading into Washington game
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football L.J. Phillips happy to be back on the field
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Olympics '28 RHP/SS Charlie Habel discusses his recent Iowa visit