2026 Steelers Thread

Efejle

All-Conference
Apr 30, 2023
1,233
2,538
113
Wow. Did that look like the end or what today? Offensive line is atrocious. Rodgers won't make it through the season. 4 can't catch a cold anymore. Heyward was looking old today on defense. All of Omars draft picks are busts

Time to blow it up from top to bottom.
 
Nov 1, 2021
477
544
63
Wow. Did that look like the end or what today? Offensive line is atrocious. Rodgers won't make it through the season. 4 can't catch a cold anymore. Heyward was looking old today on defense. All of Omars draft picks are busts

Time to blow it up from top to bottom.

I'm starting to lean towards thinking Khan is not the answer. Traded up to get Jones who is a bust. Fautanu is heading towards bust territory. Harmon is a non-factor and picked ahead of Dart. Iheanachor looks like he has potential, but was only picked because he lost out on Lemon. So even if Max works out I'd consider that year a negative because of the decision making process.

He did well post 1st round, but not well enough to make up for the D level first round.

Then you have the disaster of DK. The absence of FA pickups for the OL. And the debacle with Porter, the first lock down corner they've developed since Taylor, and I'm not sure he's brought enough talent in to be a playoff contender any time soon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bison13 and bbrown

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,283
30,832
113
Wow. Did that look like the end or what today? Offensive line is atrocious. Rodgers won't make it through the season. 4 can't catch a cold anymore. Heyward was looking old today on defense. All of Omars draft picks are busts

Time to blow it up from top to bottom.
Yea that was really bad. They don't look any better than their preseason games and they were garbage then.
WTF are they doing with their OL, I mean you have to be complete idiots not to be able to build a functioning OL in 7+ years. Their RB's are average, at best. and Whats the purpose of DK Metcalf? Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.
 

Efejle

All-Conference
Apr 30, 2023
1,233
2,538
113
3 first round offensive tackle busts in 4 drafts. That's almost impossible to do but it happened. Jones and Faytanu are busts and Max can't get on the field. Khan is the first firing that must happen post season thjs January
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,238
113
I'm starting to lean towards thinking Khan is not the answer. Traded up to get Jones who is a bust. Fautanu is heading towards bust territory. Harmon is a non-factor and picked ahead of Dart. Iheanachor looks like he has potential, but was only picked because he lost out on Lemon. So even if Max works out I'd consider that year a negative because of the decision making process.

He did well post 1st round, but not well enough to make up for the D level first round.

Then you have the disaster of DK. The absence of FA pickups for the OL. And the debacle with Porter, the first lock down corner they've developed since Taylor, and I'm not sure he's brought enough talent in to be a playoff contender any time soon.
The worst part about the JPJ debacle is he paid all the old guys but won't pay the young guy--make it make sense
 

op2

All-Conference
Mar 16, 2014
12,050
1,809
103
In two games the Steelers offense has scored 1 TD and given up 1 TD, for a net of 0 TDs. Through two games the Steelers offense has scored as many NFL TDs as I've scored NFL TDs.

And how can you put so many draft picks into OL, 1st round and otherwise, and have the OL be so mediocre (and "mediocre" might be generous).

I think the best thing for the Steelers at this point might be for Rodgers to suffer a season ending injury so they could get a good look at the young QBs, probably lose a lot of games even if the young QBs show promise, and then go into the 2027 draft with more info on the young QBs and also with a higher 1st round draft pick.
 

SkiSkiSki

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
3,893
1,376
113
In two games the Steelers offense has scored 1 TD and given up 1 TD, for a net of 0 TDs. Through two games the Steelers offense has scored as many NFL TDs as I've scored NFL TDs.

And how can you put so many draft picks into OL, 1st round and otherwise, and have the OL be so mediocre (and "mediocre" might be generous).

I think the best thing for the Steelers at this point might be for Rodgers to suffer a season ending injury so they could get a good look at the young QBs, probably lose a lot of games even if the young QBs show promise, and then go into the 2027 draft with more info on the young QBs and also with a higher 1st round draft pick.
While there isn't much to lose from a team perspective, as this team is going nowhere, I am not sure that throwing a young quaterback to the wolves behind this matador offensive line is advisable. I can see where it could turn someone like Allar into a basket case when he really needs to be brought along slowly to build up his confidence, IMO. He is still learning his craft at the NFL level and it is going to be difficult to progress when you are running for your life.

Anyway, this team stinks.
 

psu83

Junior
May 29, 2001
251
317
63
This team is poorly constructed and needs blown up. I can't wait until bozo Kahn deals Porter for peanuts; he's worthless as a GM
 
  • Like
Reactions: Chumboshifko1

OKLALionsFan

Senior
Dec 17, 2025
321
705
92
I thought that McCarthy was pretty cavalier about not playing his starters in the pre season .. I’m ok with that IF they come out ready to play week one. Clearly that wasn’t the case yesterday. I’m not confident that weeks three and beyond will be better. They need a lot of fixing. Training veteran receivers to catch catchable balls would be a good place to start.
 

Player2BNamedL8r

All-Conference
Jan 3, 2012
1,140
2,304
113
Same agent as Parsons and Ramsey, who like JPJ, also faked an injury to get better deals elsewhere. I’m all for players getting whatever leverage they can, but the common thread with these guys just feels like a degrading move from an unscrupulous agent.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bison13 and royboy

BCS PSU

All-Conference
Jun 2, 2001
1,367
2,315
113
Same agent as Parsons and Ramsey, who like JPJ, also faked an injury to get better deals elsewhere. I’m all for players getting whatever leverage they can, but the common thread with these guys just feels like a degrading move from an unscrupulous agent.
Football, both NFL and college, really has turned into a cess pool. With that said, the incompetents who now run the Steelers (McCarthy not included) totally mismanaged this whole Porter situation; they just look like a bunch of amateurs and really lost big in this transction.

The Steelers' top two draft picks from the 2023 draft now play for Dallas, as well as Pickens, and both Porter and Pickens, if their heads are on right, are borderline Pro Bowl caliber players.
 

Player2BNamedL8r

All-Conference
Jan 3, 2012
1,140
2,304
113
Football, both NFL and college, really has turned into a cess pool. With that said, the incompetents who now run the Steelers (McCarthy not included) totally mismanaged this whole Porter situation; they just look like a bunch of amateurs and really lost big in this transction.

The Steelers' top two draft picks from the 2023 draft now play for Dallas, as well as Pickens, and both Porter and Pickens, if their heads are on right, are borderline Pro Bowl caliber players.
There wasn’t a robust market for JPJ, who is a very good - not great - CB, but who wanted to be paid top CB money (north of $30 million per). That tells me that the organization had a similar grade on him as the rest of the league. And while I agree that the current brand of Rooney’s running the show have been lesser stewards than previous generations, I’m actually shocked that the Steelers didn’t overpay him since this is the sort of legacy, feel-good player that the current Rooney’s love to overpay (see Watt).
 

psu83

Junior
May 29, 2001
251
317
63
star trek spock GIF


 
  • Like
Reactions: SkiSkiSki

Efejle

All-Conference
Apr 30, 2023
1,233
2,538
113
The Browns riddled the secondary filled with rookies but hey... ownership made a stand for the good of the franchise.
 

PSUForever

All-Conference
Feb 17, 2007
1,976
1,993
113
Yup, they are and always will be a 500ish team until they can find their QB of the future. I just hope when Rodgers is injured and out for the year, either Howard or Allar is ready to be given a chance at the job.
They would do well to be 9-8. They are a study on how to be a consistent mediocre team in the NFL.

I can tell you now, that neither Allar nor Howard are the answer at QB.

They have made so many bad decisions over the past couple of years to put themselves in this position.

-Kahn was a lousy hire with bad draft picks
-Tomlin stayed too long
-No long term plan at QB, drafting Allar was a waste

On and on

The best thing is a full reset. It would have been better if Rodgers retired. You could have started whomever and lose like 14 games then get a bonafide franchise QB. The guy playing for the U looks like he could have been an option and there are others. Ask Mel Kiper.
 

BCS PSU

All-Conference
Jun 2, 2001
1,367
2,315
113
They would do well to be 9-8. They are a study on how to be a consistent mediocre team in the NFL.

I can tell you now, that neither Allar nor Howard are the answer at QB.

They have made so many bad decisions over the past couple of years to put themselves in this position.

-Kahn was a lousy hire with bad draft picks
-Tomlin stayed too long
-No long term plan at QB, drafting Allar was a waste

On and on

The best thing is a full reset. It would have been better if Rodgers retired. You could have started whomever and lose like 14 games then get a bonafide franchise QB. The guy playing for the U looks like he could have been an option and there are others. Ask Mel Kiper.
The Browns are building a nice team, but they'e going to need to a qb too. Otherwise, I like a lot of their young players; I like their future better than the Steelers, and I say that as a Steelers' season ticket holder. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers finish in last place this season. They're such an unlikeable and often unwatchable team now.

Although they often win despite themselves, the Steelers really haven't had a solid core of caring and likeable players since the Aaron Smiths, Brett Keasels and Troy Polamalus retired. Since then, they've had a bunch of dysfunctional players and coaches and terrible management. That's why they haven't won a playoff game since the 2016 season and haven't made a Super Bowl since the 2010 season.
 

Player2BNamedL8r

All-Conference
Jan 3, 2012
1,140
2,304
113

Player2BNamedL8r

All-Conference
Jan 3, 2012
1,140
2,304
113
Yup, they are and always will be a 500ish team until they can find their QB of the future. I just hope when Rodgers is injured and out for the year, either Howard or Allar is ready to be given a chance at the job.
The problem they have is that they believe they’re legitimate contenders. Why else would they sign Rodgers? If he goes down, guarantee they give the ball to Mason Rudolph.
 

ApexLion

Heisman
Nov 1, 2021
6,460
10,957
113
Sort of like the Pirates in many respects. Glimmers of hope and mediocrity.

If you look at the schedule, the Ravens games (no surprise) loom large but even with two wins in those games, I'm not sure this team would do anything in a playoff game if they eked in somehow.

If it makes y'all feel better, Carolina is in a similar situation. Both teams can score some points but they are both so mediocre on the lines that they are just that, plain teams in a league that rewards great units on all sides of the ball.
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,283
30,832
113
Tough loss for the Stillers. Gotta be better on D in the last drive as FG kickers can hit from 60 plus these days.

I wish they would just tank to get a top 5 QB.
Problem is I don't think they can be better. They are old and overrated. I didn't see Watt doing much last night.
I would go all in on the backup QB's and see what happens but then I don't have any confidence in Khan and drafting.
His record is not good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r

Player2BNamedL8r

All-Conference
Jan 3, 2012
1,140
2,304
113
Problem is I don't think they can be better. They are old and overrated. I didn't see Watt doing much last night.
I would go all in on the backup QB's and see what happens but then I don't have any confidence in Khan and drafting.
His record is not good.
He’s not drafted poorly - Jones, Porter, Pickens, Harmon were all seen as good value for where they were taken. More like he can’t keep the players he does draft (at least in the first 2 rounds) long enough to get a second contract. Plus always drafting in the late teens to early 20’s doesn’t position them for any true blue-chippers.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football There's no one fix but Penn State's Run Game Problems Trace Back to the Left Side of the Line
  2. 02 BWI Football Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
  3. 03 BWI Football In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him