2026 - 27 Premier League thread

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,770
113
Fulham 2-3 Chelsea, looks like I missed a fun match. (I’m in Rehoboth Beach, gotta do beach things.)
 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,006
69,325
113
TV Schedule for This Weekend (8/28, 29, 30, 31)

Friday
3:00 pm EDT -- Crystal Palace vs. Man C. (USA Network)

Saturday
7:30 am EDT -- Liverpool vs. Nottingham Forest (USA Network)
10:00 am EDT -- AFC Bournemouth vs. Everton (NBCSN)
10:00 am EDT -- Coventry City vs. Hull City (USA Network)
12:30 pm EDT -- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle U. (NBC)

Sunday
9:00 am EDT -- Sunderland vs. Fulham (NBCSN)
9:00 am EDT -- Chelsea vs. Brighton & Hove Albion (NBCSN)
9:00 am EDT -- Leess U. vs. Brentford (USA Network)
11:30 am EDT -- Man U. vs. Ipswich Town (USA Network)

Monday
3:00 pm EDT -- Aston Villa vs. Arsenal (USA Network)
 
  • Like
Reactions: BobPSU92

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,770
113
Crystal Palace 0-1 Manchester City at the half. I was dozing off and when I woke up it was 1-0 Palace and they took fifteen minutes to correct the score, I was oblivious, lol. Foden in the tank for MC, whiffed on two of the easiest goals you’ll ever see anyone miss.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,770
113
Crystal Palace 0-1 Manchester City at the half. I was dozing off and when I woke up it was 1-0 Palace and they took fifteen minutes to correct the score, I was oblivious, lol. Foden in the tank for MC, whiffed on two of the easiest goals you’ll ever see anyone miss.
Good gracious me, Foden missing from the short right side, he had the perfect setup, to his left foot, the announcer said afterwards he’s left-footed, and he left-foots it over the Empire State Building.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,770
113
I can’t quit Coventry City 0-0 Hull City, now at 81’. Hull just scored, 0-1.

@RyanSnyder I hope you’re not watching Bournemouth-Everton. Everton put on an amazing display of How to Avoid Scoring a Goal in the first half, dang, left me shaking my head.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,770
113
I can’t quit Coventry City 0-0 Hull City, now at 81’. Hull just scored, 0-1.

@RyanSnyder I hope you’re not watching Bournemouth-Everton. Everton put on an amazing display of How to Avoid Scoring a Goal in the first half, dang, left me shaking my head.
Coventry City 0-1 Hull City, full time. Shucks, had been rooting for Coventry, had been hoping to see the stadium explode. Coventry had a good chance in injury time but just not good enough.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BobPSU92

Grant Green

All-American
Jan 21, 2004
3,995
5,515
113
Coventry City 0-1 Hull City, full time. Shucks, had been rooting for Coventry, had been hoping to see the stadium explode. Coventry had a good chance in injury time but just not good enough.
Hull at 2-0-0 is a bit comical. I haven’t seen either of their games but statistically they have been completely outplayed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,770
113
Hull at 2-0-0 is a bit comical. I haven’t seen either of their games but statistically they have been completely outplayed.
Neither Hull nor Coventry seemed to be all that talented but they both strategized and passed well, it was an enjoyable enough match.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Grant Green

RyanSnyder

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Nov 2, 2013
40,976
193,636
113
The whole reason I started following Everton was because of Landon Donovan and Tim Howard. Of course, Brian McBride played there, too.

After Everton finally got their act together last year, my excitement right now is sky high.

 

RyanSnyder

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Nov 2, 2013
40,976
193,636
113
The whole reason I started following Everton was because of Landon Donovan and Tim Howard. Of course, Brian McBride played there, too.

After Everton finally got their act together last year, my excitement right now is sky high.



Of course, losing Ndiaye today is a bummer but also why Everton can't really win the league. That's OK, I accepted that long ago. They still gotta sell high when they can, but just seeing this club ran properly again, especially with the new stadium, is so exciting.

 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,770
113
Aston Villa 0-1 Arsenal, full time. I caught only bits and pieces, Arsenal had a few chances in the first half.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football There's no one fix but Penn State's Run Game Problems Trace Back to the Left Side of the Line
  2. 02 BWI Football Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
  3. 03 BWI Football In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him