2025 Phillies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanSnyder

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Nov 2, 2013
41,225
194,081
113
Love this warm-up for Wheels.

I remember Game 1 NLCS vs. the Dbacks. He's out there throwing and the crowd is electric. I get goosebumps whenever I think back to that moment. I don't think I've ever been so excited for a game as I was that night.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Shadow99

s1uggo72

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
7,385
5,930
113
WTF is w the unis?? I mean I could handle powder blue but only on Sundays. Where is the red!!
 

kgilbert78

All-Conference
Apr 9, 2013
1,107
1,712
113
It's supposedly "free" on Apple TV--except you have to sign up for a trial with a $9.99 obligation after 7 days. That's not "free" to me.
 

rudedude

Heisman
Sep 28, 2002
9,056
17,734
113
JT snuffs out the Dodgers on a throw out on runner stealing second after a strikeout. Phillies win! Ring da bell! JT with three throw outs tonight!
Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB
 
  • Like
Reactions: Enigma

Lionville

All-Conference
Nov 23, 2005
1,686
2,594
113
Romano is a major problem. JT bailed them out tonight, but the bullpen enters year 25 of being a major concern.
At one point he had thrown 18 pitches with 7 being strikes. Not good. Dombrowski keeps signing guys from the scrap pile.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: WestSideLion

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,078
5,538
113
Nola and HR.....
Nola’s contract is also a problem. He’s a homegrown starter, so I understand wanting to resign him. But for the money he’s making, I don’t think he’s consistently productive enough.

Folks will say him only giving up 3 today should be enough to win, but he routinely gives up cheap base runners and then gets killed with dingers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Colt2169

rudedude

Heisman
Sep 28, 2002
9,056
17,734
113
Good old Nola, buuuut, the anemic bats with RISP is more of a problem as it always has been and is it just me or does Harper look really lost at the plate right now?
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,591
22,791
113
Good old Nola, buuuut, the anemic bats with RISP is more of a problem as it always has been and is it just me or does Harper look really lost at the plate right now?
Harper is on track for 40 extra base hits, is slugging .375. Yikes. He usually starts out hot, or did when he played in Washington.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PSUAVLNC

MrTailgate

All-Conference
Oct 19, 2021
992
1,834
93
Harper is on track for 40 extra base hits, is slugging .375. Yikes. He usually starts out hot, or did when he played in Washington.
Last spring was the first spring he did not homer. Ditto for this spring. I thought he looked fine in the spring but he was more pull side than using more of the field.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State report card: Grading the Lions after their 31-23 loss to USC
  2. 02 BWI Football Everything Matt Campbell said after Penn State's third-straight loss
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State's latest loss underscores gap between progress and results
  4. 04 BWI Football What did USC coach Lincoln Riley, Penn State players, say about the Lions' loss to USC? 'One of my favorite wins as a head coach'
  5. 05 BWI Recruiting Recruit Reactions: Despite loss, top prospects rave about Penn State White Out experience