2025 Phillies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,063
69,338
113
  • Like
Reactions: RyanSnyder

MrTailgate

All-Conference
Oct 19, 2021
992
1,834
93
What?

His stats the last 4 seasons:

Year​
Wins​
Losses​
ERA​
20246124.14
20231094.04
202210124.56
2021984.53

How does that warrant a 4-year, $55M contract?
He actually pitched pretty well last year. I’m not the President of the Nick Pivetta fan club by any means but the number that popped for him was 172 K’s in 145 innings. They all love swing and miss stuff. His WHIP was also very good. Just for last year

pitcher 1 145 IP 172K’s 1.126 WHIP 2025 Salary $4M
pitcher 2 199 IP 197K’s 1.199 WHIP 2025 Salary $24.5M

Pitcher 1 will earn $51m in 2026-2028, Pitcher 2 will earn $73.5m

Pitcher 1 is our old friend Nick Pivetta, Pitcher 2 is Nola
 

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,064
5,526
113

It all depends on the dollars. JT's original extension raised questions about the kind of value he'd offer in the final 1-2 years. Last year wasn't up to his standards. Hopefully, this year will be better. If the Phillies pursue Vlad Jr, then that $50M a year must come from somewhere. Guys like JT, Casty and Ranger are likely where the team would look first.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RyanSnyder

MrTailgate

All-Conference
Oct 19, 2021
992
1,834
93

I would have liked to see that, missed it today. I’ll go back Monday for first full team gathering. Everyone sounds healthy to start; they have to catch a break and not have the injury bug they’ve had the last couple of years. I’d prefer to see a slow and steady Spring.

Last year was a top 5 attendance year at Baycare and I was told today that they are ahead of ticket sales year on year as of today. They expect to sell out every game so if you’re on the fence with tickets, get them now.

I say it every year. If you’ve never seen the old Jack Russell stadium, take a peek. It’s on Seminole off Fort Harrison in the neighborhood. They have a monument row which is cool to walk around. I’m going to find out what the plans are for a Dick Allen monument since they have a monument for each of their modern HOF guys.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WestSideLion

RyanSnyder

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Nov 2, 2013
41,004
193,686
113
I would have liked to see that, missed it today. I’ll go back Monday for first full team gathering. Everyone sounds healthy to start; they have to catch a break and not have the injury bug they’ve had the last couple of years. I’d prefer to see a slow and steady Spring.

Last year was a top 5 attendance year at Baycare and I was told today that they are ahead of ticket sales year on year as of today. They expect to sell out every game so if you’re on the fence with tickets, get them now.

I say it every year. If you’ve never seen the old Jack Russell stadium, take a peek. It’s on Seminole off Fort Harrison in the neighborhood. They have a monument row which is cool to walk around. I’m going to find out what the plans are for a Dick Allen monument since they have a monument for each of their modern HOF guys.

Yeah, nice park. I haven’t been to a spring training game there but have been to the stadium before. Just waiting for my kids to get a bit older and then we’ll go down for a week on of these years.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Colt2169
Status
Not open for further replies.
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Penn State's Chase Sowell Is the Offense's Lone Bright Spot. Here's How to Use Him More
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State postseason projections: Could Matt Campbell face his old team in a bowl game?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Penn State-USC visitor list reaches 80 prospects ahead of pivitol recruiting weekend
  4. 04 BWI Football What time will Penn State-Michigan start on Oct. 17? Here's what we know
  5. 05 BWI Football Rocco Becht has been here before. Now Penn State needs him to lead it out.