2025-26 Flyers Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,058
69,333
113
I don't follow the Fly Guys as closely as I once did. And in searching back, it appears that I have gone seasons without starting a thread. I'm not sure how active I'll be in following them this year, but a thread seems like a good idea. Plus, the news this morning about the late, great, Bernie Parent, has made me think about the Flyers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnJumba

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,771
113
He was the man. Flyers don't win those Stanley cups without him. Friends of mine had their sport fishing boats next his at the shore in NJ. Said he was the nicest person you would ever meet. Always took time for fans to pose for pictures and sign autographs
Remember when Favell got traded? I was in high school and my fellow students carried around signs protesting the trade. It was the right deduction, Parent was the man.
 
Sep 10, 2013
18,427
13,434
113
He was the man. Flyers don't win those Stanley cups without him. Friends of mine had their sport fishing boats next his at the shore in NJ. Said he was the nicest person you would ever meet. Always took time for fans to pose for pictures and sign autographs
I bet his boat had an epic name. Absolute Philly hero
 

Alphalion75

All-Conference
Oct 24, 2001
15,208
4,309
113
I don't follow the Fly Guys as closely as I once did. And in searching back, it appears that I have gone seasons without starting a thread. I'm not sure how active I'll be in following them this year, but a thread seems like a good idea. Plus, the news this morning about the late, great, Bernie Parent, has made me think about the Flyers.
Tom....I actually believe Bernie deserves his own thread. But you're the boss.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dcf4psu

dcf4psu

All-Conference
Nov 7, 2003
1,092
1,349
113

As a Rangers fan I couldn't stand the Flyers, but they were really a great team back then and Parent was an exceptional goalie. I remember them playing Buffalo in the playoffs and high humidity caused fog to form but Bernie was still making save after save in foggy conditions. He was great.
 

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,791
21,548
113
i just found out Parent passed away as I was coming home from the airport and drive kasey the arena-they have a large sign of him.

He was larger than life.

I distinctly remember the moment Parent got injured and his career came to a close.

Sad sad news
 

Calabrin

All-Conference
Oct 16, 2022
1,718
2,078
113
Is there a Penguins thread?

I went to the game on Thursday @Kings.

LA took a 1st period 2-0 lead, but my boys battled back and left with a 4-2 W.

Here are some photos I took:

1000005377.jpg1000005386.jpg1000005392.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: psu83

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,058
69,333
113
Is there a Penguins thread?

I went to the game on Thursday @Kings.

LA took a 1st period 2-0 lead, but my boys battled back and left with a 4-2 W.

There is not. I've said many times over the years that others are free to create threads for a particular team, but they, and other fans of that team, are responsible for updating it. GLOV, when he was still alive, created a Penquins thread each year.
 

anon1786720894

All-Conference
Nov 10, 2011
2,158
3,683
113
Reminds me of Norm MacDonald and Artie Lange's stories about Bob Uecker on the mic.

"I think we're still on the air, Tim."

 
  • Wow
Reactions: Colt2169
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Penn State's Chase Sowell Is the Offense's Lone Bright Spot. Here's How to Use Him More
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State postseason projections: Could Matt Campbell face his old team in a bowl game?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Penn State-USC visitor list reaches 80 prospects ahead of pivitol recruiting weekend
  4. 04 BWI Football What time will Penn State-Michigan start on Oct. 17? Here's what we know
  5. 05 BWI Football Rocco Becht has been here before. Now Penn State needs him to lead it out.