2024 PSU WVB Thread

bdgan

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
5,439
5,276
113
What a comeback! I gave up hope after Nebraska had the 8-1 run in set 4.

I thought Murzik was physically spent but she got a second wind. Jurevicius was great and they got Hannah more involved.

Unsung hero was Grimes. I thought she struggled against Creighton but she dug everything tonight.
 

Georgia Peach

Senior
Oct 28, 2021
365
662
93
I thought Penn State had a puncher's chance this final four and Jess Mruzik just punched out Nebraska. Nebraska Coach: "one of the best performances I have ever seen" Jess is an all-time PSU athlete and this team has a chance to do something special, beyond what a lot of other championship teams have accomplished on campus. Remarkable.
 

Bwifan

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
2,894
5,104
113
I know he and Russ Rose were not chummy but there was mutual respect, and Cook displayed his respect for PSU last evening during a difficult time. It was classy.
Yes... also was interesting to me to hear that Russ Rose and Coach Katie talk almost everyday. Was glad to hear that they discuss not just volleyball but life.
 

Bwifan

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
2,894
5,104
113
I really did think it was over (that PSU was going to lose) in the 4th set.



I went to bed ... had to be up early for work this morning. Dang surgeries people are having before their deductibles reset after the Jan 1 makes this time of year busy in the O.R. Can't believe I missed although I did record it.
 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,107
69,349
113
I went to bed ... had to be up early for work this morning. Dang surgeries people are having before their deductibles reset after the Jan 1 makes this time of year busy in the O.R. Can't believe I missed although I did record it.

I'm a night owl, so even when I have to get up early, I stay up late. It was one of the more amazing WVB matches I've seen in some time.
 

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,614
37,818
113
I went to bed ... had to be up early for work this morning. Dang surgeries people are having before their deductibles reset after the Jan 1 makes this time of year busy in the O.R. Can't believe I missed although I did record it.

By now, you should be able to do those operations in your sleep.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Bwifan

wbcbus

All-Conference
Oct 8, 2021
1,712
4,152
113
What a comeback! I gave up hope after Nebraska had the 8-1 run in set 4.

I thought Murzik was physically spent but she got a second wind. Jurevicius was great and they got Hannah more involved.

Unsung hero was Grimes. I thought she struggled against Creighton but she dug everything tonight.

Same, when we were really struggling to return that serve and went from 15-12 to 16-20, I thought it was time to turn out the lights. Glad the girls didn't.
 

Bwifan

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
2,894
5,104
113
I'm a night owl, so even when I have to get up early, I stay up late. It was one of the more amazing WVB matches I've seen in some time.
I was looking over PSU's roster to see what young players are lined up for the next couple of years after this years seniors move on and I always forget that Megan Hodge is married to former PSU tailback Omar Easy. Talk about having the potential for some athletic offspring....
 
Last edited:
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Which Nittany Lions are pivotal in taking down USC?
  2. 02 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State's problems - and solutions - require a 'global' approach
  3. 03 BWI Football The issues with Penn State's struggling run game are clear; fixing them is a much more challenging task
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Head Coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: USC
  5. 05 BWI Football Koby Howard injury update: What is the latest on the Penn State receiver before USC?