2020 Eggbowl

bolddogge

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
1,174
1,395
113
I ALWAYS go to the Eggbowl. My first one was back in 1978 when my folks took me down to Jackson for the game and to visit with family and their long-time friends. Regardless of the expectations or locations, I’ve watched the Eggbowl in person for the last 41 years (and my son the last 12). I’ve sat through a tornado warning, watched a field goal that was headed right at me be blown back through the uprights, pre-game fights, mid-game fights, post-game fights, fog roll in so thick you couldn’t see the opposite sideline, Croom’s last stand (the only game I’ve ever left early), and the great kick, pick and kick. Unfortunately, this COVID-19 junk has put our streaks in jeopardy. Although I fear the outcome, I’m doing my best to make it into the game this year. So if you know of anyone from the enemy camp with a couple of extra tickets, message me please. My son and I always behave ourselves in enemy territory so the source of the tickets don’t need to worry about sitting next to a couple of obnoxious drunks. Another plus is that I just found out from a blood donation that I have the covid antibodies. So they also don't have to worry about me giving them the 'rona and vice versa. I already posted in the ticket exchange and put a post on FB. Fingers are crossed…
 

Dawgtruc

Junior
Sep 8, 2018
1,117
232
58
I ALWAYS go to the Eggbowl. My first one was back in 1978 when my folks took me down to Jackson for the game and to visit with family and their long-time friends. Regardless of the expectations or locations, I’ve watched the Eggbowl in person for the last 41 years (and my son the last 12). I’ve sat through a tornado warning, watched a field goal that was headed right at me be blown back through the uprights, pre-game fights, mid-game fights, post-game fights, fog roll in so thick you couldn’t see the opposite sideline, Croom’s last stand (the only game I’ve ever left early), and the great kick, pick and kick. Unfortunately, this COVID-19 junk has put our streaks in jeopardy. Although I fear the outcome, I’m doing my best to make it into the game this year. So if you know of anyone from the enemy camp with a couple of extra tickets, message me please. My son and I always behave ourselves in enemy territory so the source of the tickets don’t need to worry about sitting next to a couple of obnoxious drunks. Another plus is that I just found out from a blood donation that I have the covid antibodies. So they also don't have to worry about me giving them the 'rona and vice versa. I already posted in the ticket exchange and put a post on FB. Fingers are crossed…

The supply/demand will change based on the outcome of SC/UM this weekend. (if Covid doesn't win out)

If the cocks beat the sharks, your chances of finding tix increases.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,939
11,388
113
I have serious doubts that we play another game this year. I doubt we have the minimum players available to play.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,243
2,188
113
We need to just quit. We’ve literally gone woke and then broke.

Mr. Mafiadawg, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
 

bolddogge

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
1,174
1,395
113
I have serious doubts that we play another game this year. I doubt we have the minimum players available to play.

That would be fine with me! Keep my streak alive without having to go to Oxford in 2020.
 

hdogg

Senior
Nov 21, 2014
1,212
794
113
Because the puppy was a dog. But the industy, my friend, that was a revolution. MSU football rules!!!
 
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
I have serious doubts that we play another game this year. I doubt we have the minimum players available to play.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but am I right in how postponed games are being handled:

If neither team already has another game rescheduled to Week 15, they play the postponed game Week 15. If one or both teams already have a game rescheduled to Week 15, they don't play the game.

If so, the following games would already be cancelled:
Georgia @ Missouri
Alabama @ LSU

And with eight teams already playing postponed games Week 15, more games are likely to be completely lost.

Am I understanding this correctly?
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Sorry if this has been discussed, but am I right in how postponed games are being handled:

If neither team already has another game rescheduled to Week 15, they play the postponed game Week 15. If one or both teams already have a game rescheduled to Week 15, they don't play the game.

If so, the following games would already be cancelled:
Georgia @ Missouri
Alabama @ LSU

And with eight teams already playing postponed games Week 15, more games are likely to be completely lost.

Am I understanding this correctly?

That’s my basic understanding, as well. Except, now they’re saying a lot of them may also be played Dec. 19th. For example, A&M game is cancelled this weekend, and they’re saying it’s all but a formality their game against Ole Miss next weekend will be, because there’s no way they’ll have the numbers to play by then (due to protocols, etc.). So, I assumed that game wouldn’t be made up, but the ones that might actually know are saying both sides are very optimistic it will be played on Dec. 19th, after they makeup the Tennessee game on Dec. 12th.

It’s going to be really weird playing two games after the Egg Bowl, assuming it happens. The only other times we’ve done that are when we go to SEC Championship game and our BCS or CFP game!****
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
That’s my basic understanding, as well. Except, now they’re saying a lot of them may also be played Dec. 19th. For example, A&M game is cancelled this weekend, and they’re saying it’s all but a formality their game against Ole Miss next weekend will be, because there’s no way they’ll have the numbers to play by then (due to protocols, etc.). So, I assumed that game wouldn’t be made up, but the ones that might actually know are saying both sides are very optimistic it will be played on Dec. 19th, after they makeup the Tennessee game on Dec. 12th.

It’s going to be really weird playing two games after the Egg Bowl, assuming it happens. The only other times we’ve done that are when we go to SEC Championship game and our BCS or CFP game!****
NOPE! Played BYU after Egg Bowl in 2000.
That’s the night we had to beat the refs as well and well... they were too much to overcome.
Was on the sidelines that night and THE WORSE officiated game I’ve ever seen.
There was another similar one in StarkVegas too in the 90’s but I don’t recall who that was against but we loss that day as well.
 

vhdawg

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2004
4,899
2,822
113
I ALWAYS go to the Eggbowl. My first one was back in 1978 when my folks took me down to Jackson for the game and to visit with family and their long-time friends. Regardless of the expectations or locations, I’ve watched the Eggbowl in person for the last 41 years (and my son the last 12). I’ve sat through a tornado warning, watched a field goal that was headed right at me be blown back through the uprights, pre-game fights, mid-game fights, post-game fights, fog roll in so thick you couldn’t see the opposite sideline, Croom’s last stand (the only game I’ve ever left early), and the great kick, pick and kick. Unfortunately, this COVID-19 junk has put our streaks in jeopardy. Although I fear the outcome, I’m doing my best to make it into the game this year. So if you know of anyone from the enemy camp with a couple of extra tickets, message me please. My son and I always behave ourselves in enemy territory so the source of the tickets don’t need to worry about sitting next to a couple of obnoxious drunks. Another plus is that I just found out from a blood donation that I have the covid antibodies. So they also don't have to worry about me giving them the 'rona and vice versa. I already posted in the ticket exchange and put a post on FB. Fingers are crossed…

I also intend to go, but I don't believe Ole Miss has divvyed out tickets to that game yet. Remember they didn't really give out season tickets, they're doing it on a sort of rolling game-to-game basis. Once they finally put out tickets, they should start appearing on Stubhub, etc.
 

hailstate19

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2015
1,190
41
48
NOPE! Played BYU after Egg Bowl in 2000.
That’s the night we had to beat the refs as well and well... they were too much to overcome.
Was on the sidelines that night and THE WORSE officiated game I’ve ever seen.
There was another similar one in StarkVegas too in the 90’s but I don’t recall who that was against but we loss that day as well.
You’re thinking of 2001 In Starkville i believe
 

atomic dawg

Junior
Apr 4, 2019
262
235
43
NOPE! Played BYU after Egg Bowl in 2000.
That’s the night we had to beat the refs as well and well... they were too much to overcome.
Was on the sidelines that night and THE WORSE officiated game I’ve ever seen.
There was another similar one in StarkVegas too in the 90’s but I don’t recall who that was against but we loss that day as well.


I was at that game. It think it was in 2001, but I had forgotten it was after the eggbowl. And yes, the officiating was terrible! I remember JWS saying in the press that was the worst called game he had ever participated and the only game that he would say the officials swayed the outcome.
 

crackerjax

Sophomore
Aug 24, 2012
343
177
43
I ALWAYS go to the Eggbowl. My first one was back in 1978 when my folks took me down to Jackson for the game and to visit with family and their long-time friends. Regardless of the expectations or locations, I’ve watched the Eggbowl in person for the last 41 years (and my son the last 12). I’ve sat through a tornado warning, watched a field goal that was headed right at me be blown back through the uprights, pre-game fights, mid-game fights, post-game fights, fog roll in so thick you couldn’t see the opposite sideline, Croom’s last stand (the only game I’ve ever left early), and the great kick, pick and kick. Unfortunately, this COVID-19 junk has put our streaks in jeopardy. Although I fear the outcome, I’m doing my best to make it into the game this year. So if you know of anyone from the enemy camp with a couple of extra tickets, message me please. My son and I always behave ourselves in enemy territory so the source of the tickets don’t need to worry about sitting next to a couple of obnoxious drunks. Another plus is that I just found out from a blood donation that I have the covid antibodies. So they also don't have to worry about me giving them the 'rona and vice versa. I already posted in the ticket exchange and put a post on FB. Fingers are crossed…

Looking to keep my 27-game egg bowl streak going as well.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
I was at that game. It think it was in 2001, but I had forgotten it was after the eggbowl. And yes, the officiating was terrible! I remember JWS saying in the press that was the worst called game he had ever participated and the only game that he would say the officials swayed the outcome.

Yeah Ole Miss played Vanderbilt after Egg Bowl that year, too. That was due to 9/11, of course.

Side note on that - those first games back after 9/11 was as United as I’ve ever seen our country. I remember the entire stadium singing “God Bless America” after the national anthem and locking arms.. I was going, but it still gives me goosebumps. I obviously don’t want another tragedy, but sure wish we could find a way to all come together again.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar