Recent content by turkish

  1. T

    Tropical Depression 9

    This is why price gouging has its place.
  2. T

    Young, Dumb, and Broke

    Affordable residences are actually numerous. Safe, affordable residences are not. What’s the problem again?
  3. T

    9 Angry Women, 2 Beta Males, and 1 Hero

    Translation: “‘What is truth?’ retorted Pilate”
  4. T

    Suppressor Ruling

    For one thing, these questions are immaterial to the problem at hand. I don’t see the appeal of 1000cc sport bikes but I support their responsible use and ownership. For a second thing, some find them to make shooting incredibly more enjoyable. For a third thing, I can’t use ear pro while...
  5. T

    Suppressor Ruling

    I have no doubt you could raise enough money on this board for a one-way ticket the hell outta here if you promised to stay.
  6. T

    Youth sports has jumped the shark.

    My favorite is when the parents brag about being “invited” to a tournament. Pure gold!
  7. T

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    We have over a century of experience locating industries that hog water, power, and makes noise. The only reason this seems new is because of folks telling half-truths like “closed loop.”
  8. T

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    Either or both. That’s why “closed loop” doesn’t really tell us about overall water consumption. As LT clarified well, it tells us only about water consumption for the fluid that touches the chips. It’s a hollow buzzword they use to sound smart, innovative and responsible. And Im also in the...
  9. T

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    The Richland Parish Meta data center will use closed loop cooling. See end of page 2 here. https://datacenters.atmeta.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/12/Metas-Richland-Parish-Data-Center.pdf Also, per...
  10. T

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    “Closed loop cooling” and “evaporative cooling” are not mutually exclusive terms. I’m beginning to think the impasse is because you DC engrs just have your own lingo. Do data centers using closed loop cooling ALWAYS use fans to reject heat from the loop? If so, I will acquiesce and go forward...
  11. T

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    Not exactly. When groundwater is used, the question becomes “how much returns to the aquifer?” Can you answer that?
  12. T

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    ^^ this is prototypical snarky dorn right here. I don’t know why dingo said you’re so thoughtful. Politicians, I guess.
  13. T

    Is the shine already coming off ai & data centers?

    It does NOT eliminate continuous water withdrawal. It might. It might not. But many closed loop cooling systems still use incredible amounts of water. That’s the point I’m trying to make. Data centers touting closed loop cooling is analogous to them claiming “it won’t be very loud.” Literally...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football After Florida State's blowout loss at Louisville, this finally feels like the end for Mike Norvell
  2. 02 On3 Football Kirby Smart has done just about everything there is to do in college football with one crimson-coated exception
  3. 03 On3 Football UCLA is learning why Bob Chesney has won throughout his career
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Carson LaCombe's late-game heroics powers Pieper to thrilling comeback win vs. Judson
  5. 05 On3 Football Washington QB Demond Williams leaves game vs. Iowa with injury, Elijah Brown enters