Recent content by The Patriot

  1. The Patriot

    Northwestern 6a/7a

    Freedom ahead 41-14 early in the fourth quarter. If the Patriots hold on it will be the first conference loss for Watauga in years, maybe even a decade. Freedom has looked good in all phases of the game tonight, especially defense as they’ve read all the Pioneer misdirection well.
  2. The Patriot

    Northwestern 6A/7A Week 5

    Freedom's win was ugly, but it's still a win and I'll take it. The Patriots played good defense, and they were hitting hard the entire game. They've got a week off to get ready for Watauga and I'm looking forward to that game. One offensive note-Ryder Huffman was slinging it. He was tossing the...
  3. The Patriot

    Northwestern 7A/6A Week 4

    You’re off by a few years because we went to the regional finals in 2012. But we have to beat Watauga if we’re going to do anything this year. And we didn’t show we were ready for big games last night.
  4. The Patriot

    Northwestern 7A/6A Week 4

    Freedom had better come out against Watauga better prepared than they did against TCR. The Rams essentially hit the Patriots in the mouth from the jump and by the time Freedom realized they were in a game, they were 21 points behind. I had some hope when Freedom was able to get within two scores...
  5. The Patriot

    Northwestern 7A/6A Week 4

    Pretty much dead on what I was thinking. Freedom has only played the first half of two games and struggled with East Burke last week. Though hats off to the Cavs who looked a lot better than I expected. TCR has a quality win over Watauga and the close loss to S, Point is nothing to be ashamed...
  6. The Patriot

    Northwestern 6A/7A Week 2 Predictions

    More controversy after last night’s Freedom/Draughn game, where the Wildcats declined to come out and play in the second half. Let me speak to some of the comments I saw on the book of face. 1. Why does Freedom play Patton and Draughn in football? Well, because they bring a big gate and schools...
  7. The Patriot

    Northwestern Conference 2026

    Until Watauga loses a conference game (going on a decade since they have) Habich will continue to get the benefit of the doubt from me. Freedom loses Kobe Johnson to graduation, and I still can't believe no one offered him a scholarship. But I expect him to do great things as a walk on at App...
  8. The Patriot

    Other Sports Mallard Creek Track

    I was at the track meet and watched this race. It wasn't apparent to me that Mallard Creek was DQ'd after the race and I didn't know about it until I got home (BTW, go to the state track meet if you haven't, it's great). As far as I'm concerned "taunting" has to be directed at someone else and...
  9. The Patriot

    Softball 1A West

    Is the NCHSAA still doing the Wells Fargo Cup (best performance statewide by an athletic program)? Robbinsville should be in a good position to take it in 1A if they are. Runner up in football and girl's hoops, championship in wrestling duals, and 1&2 in men's and women's track. If softball...
  10. The Patriot

    Football Football Western Foothills 4A/5A- Off-Season/Portal 🤐

    From what I heard when he was in high school he was a top-notch pitching prospect. Does anyone know if he gave up on that? I'd have figured baseball would be the way to go for him, if that was true.
  11. The Patriot

    Does Dionte Neal have the best athletic resume in NC high school history?

    And there are threads where people talk about D1 college football, such as the thread about whether or not Belichick will get fired from UNC. Discussions range all over the place. Now, you said earlier that he was the "best athlete pound for pound". But how do you figure that? Just last night I...
  12. The Patriot

    Does Dionte Neal have the best athletic resume in NC high school history?

    Trot Nixon also hasn't been mentioned yet.
  13. The Patriot

    Does Dionte Neal have the best athletic resume in NC high school history?

    That's not what the title of the thread says.
  14. The Patriot

    Does Dionte Neal have the best athletic resume in NC high school history?

    That's fine, but remember that MJ took off in the prime of his career to try to play professional baseball and made it all the way to Double A. That shows his athletic ability beyond basketball. But now I feel as though I have to say something else. It's easy to overlook some of the great...
  15. The Patriot

    Does Dionte Neal have the best athletic resume in NC high school history?

    Sure, people debate it. But he's the most popular answer. And MJ got a scholarship to Carolina (where they immediately won the first national championship of Dean Smith's career), not UNCG.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Keelon Russell vs. Kamario Taylor could be the quarterback matchup of the year
  2. 02 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 5 updates at Florida, Louisville, Ohio State & more
  3. 03 On3 Football College football insider: Florida State's critical stretch, USC buyout math & more
  4. 04 On3 Football Vanderbilt QB Jared Curtis will not play vs. Georgia
  5. 05 Sports Predictions College Football Polymarket Odds: Point spreads for Week 5 games