Recent content by SCHSalum

  1. S

    Football 2A RPI Thread

    Cherokee is getting a major bump from Tuscola and Enka. That's not a bump you expect to get from Enka in most years. Additionally, North Buncombe is sitting at 4-1 against not good competition, but that record is evening out. RPI is not a perfect system and I think head-to-head and conference...
  2. S

    Swain @ Heritage

    There's some adjustment period, buy-in, and culture building, for sure. For the kids, the community, and the coach(es). Continue to buy in, handle the adversity, and things will come out better when it all mixes together. There's a lot of opportunity..Swain JV is 7th-9th graders and the JV...
  3. S

    Football SMC 2026

    That and general declines in our rural areas of families and school-age kids. I know of some kids opting to graduate in 3 years, not football players, but they have started on varsity sports since they were freshmen.
  4. S

    Football SMC 2026

    Through the first two games, the kids that are out there have played hard, played tough, and never given up. I hope we can focus on that and build from that. The rumors of kids quitting needs to be dispelled. It's not true. Count the numbers, look at the roster on maxpreps. Not one kid quit...
  5. S

    Football SMC 2026

    I have heard the same. It shows in their max preps stats - only 4 passes attempted from the starting QB in a 2OT game.
  6. S

    Football SMC 2026

    Pretty good recap. TCR...specifically T-W did whatever he wanted. Murphy got a late score, I think it was Davis. Swain struggled offensively. The early pick 6 was followed by a fumble inside their 20. So they were down 14-0 early. Once they flipped the field a little it calmed down, but just...
  7. S

    Football SMC 2026

    Murphy, Swain, and Robbinsville in action this evening. Their games are in that order at Asheville High.
  8. S

    Football Scrimmages

    Smoky Mountain Conference against the Mountain Athletic Conference tonight at the Buncombe County Jamboree. Murphy - TC Roberson, Swain County - AC Reynolds, Robbinsville - Erwin. I'm not entirely sure of the format. Hoping the 1A/2A boys get good looks and come out healthy and unscathed.
  9. S

    Football SMC 2026

    I thought Swain had a good day and have some things to build off, as well as areas to improve on. Staying healthy will be the biggest thing. I didn't get a great look at Rville. Their numbers are slightly better than Swain's, but they are thin too. Getting kids to turn out in general is a huge...
  10. S

    Football Scrimmages

    I've heard Princeton is doing some other activities while in the area, team building, etc.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Projecting potential conference realignment if the college sports bill's 20-team caps become law
  2. 02 On3 Football College football's Best and Worst of September: Teams, players, coaches, games, moments & more
  3. 03 On3 Football Heisman officials see no good options if the 24-team playoff wipes out December's window
  4. 04 On3 Football Tennessee OL Wendell Moe expected to miss remainder of 2026 season
  5. 05 On3 Basketball Tom Izzo on placing limitations on coach movement and buyouts: 'That's all fair'