Recent content by OtisDriftwood

  1. O

    Football 2A RPI Thread

    I’m saying Murphy is flat out better than Cherokee and it’s a joke that the braves were ever ranked ahead of Murphy to begin with.
  2. O

    Football 2A RPI Thread

    Or will another team in the west crash the party?
  3. O

    Football 2A RPI Thread

    I agree that not every conference champion should be seeded first, but no conference champion should be seeded lower than any team in it’s own conference either. I know there’s a lot of ball left to play and all this discussion will likely end up being a moot point, but the way it looks right...
  4. O

    Football 2A RPI Thread

    This has got to be a joke….. Murphy just beat Cherokee like they stole something (and could have named their score) and they are STILL ranked below them??? Make it make sense.
  5. O

    2A Corivan 19-0 Independence 7A

    I’m not ready to give them anything just yet. They are very good but they haven’t shown they can stop a good running team when it counts the most. Time will tell.
  6. O

    2A Corivan 19-0 Independence 7A

    Let it play out. Lots of football left.
  7. O

    Football SMC 2026

    It’s really tough to say right now (about how good Franklin is). I mean I have seen Franklin do this to Murphy before to start the season, and then Murphy goes on a deep playoff run and either wins it all or comes really close. Sometimes Murphy just starts slow for whatever reason. TCR destroyed...
  8. O

    Football SMC 2026

    I figured Murphy would struggle in the non SMC part of the schedule mainly because of key losses on both the O and D lines. But I figured the Dogs would improve and be ready by the time the SMC schedule and playoffs rolled around. But now, I’m not so sure things will improve enough for the Dogs...
  9. O

    Way to early 2a state championship predictions

    Not only that, but Murphy returns every other back in their backfield from last year too. Only place they will be different in the backfield (besides adding a hand full of good JV backs) is at QB, where the Dogs replace a 5-9 guy with a 6-5 junior who is pretty accurate and can throw the ball...
  10. O

    Way to early 2a state championship predictions

    Very well could be. They are always tough.
  11. O

    Way to early 2a state championship predictions

    After some final back and forth over last season, it’s on to 2026 and to the topic of this thread. In the East, Tarboro it is until someone else proves otherwise. Pretty simple there. In the West, one team out of Corvian, Starmount, or Murphy is probably the most likely, but I could see an...
  12. O

    Way to early 2a state championship predictions

    All I was saying is that the conditions pretty much took away Murphy’s offense too. It wasn’t just a Starmount problem. The wing t offense relies on misdirection, deception, and lots of pulling from the OL and cutting from the backs. Hard to do much of that in a mud pit. It’s also hard to pass...
  13. O

    Way to early 2a state championship predictions

    Murphy’s D really hurt the rams offense too. Knocked a lot of its timing off. As for the field conditions, imo those actually gave Starmount more of a chance in the game. My money says Murphy would have put up big numbers on a dry field against the rams. But you are correct about 2025 being...
  14. O

    Repeat 1A & 2A Champions or new 1A & 2A Champions

    Murphy might start slower this year because of the loss of a good senior group and another very tough non conference schedule, but I suspect if they can get out of the first four games healthy, come conference and playoff time they will be ready to finish what they started last season. Dogs lost...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set